A friend of mine reported that to me too.
    10-24-13 06:45 AM
    The same thing is happening to me. I'll send one message, only get a check mark, immediately send another and the second message will get the D while the first one stays as only the check mark . Having this issue sending to both iPhone and Android users. It's frustrating

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 05:28 PM
    The same thing is happening to me. I'll send one message, only get a check mark, immediately send another and the second message will get the D while the first one stays as only the check mark . Having this issue sending to both iPhone and Android users. It's frustrating

Posted via CB10
    Now that is something else, that is probably a server load but I might be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 06:09 PM
    I have been testing my wife's iPhone. The message is actually delivered, i.e she gets a popup notification but my Z doesn't show delivered. It will go delivered, read quickly once she opens the app.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:48 PM
    Exactly what I posted above. If the iOS device sits idle for 15 minutes or more or the app is closed completely the message sender will not get a D until the app is opened again.
    10-27-13 09:52 PM
    Exactly what I posted above. If the iOS device sits idle for 15 minutes or more or the app is closed completely the message sender will not get a D until the app is opened again.
    But do they get a notification?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 09:42 AM
    The OS does not kill or shutdown apps after the 10 min (it's 10, not 15). The app just doesn't get cycles after that period, unless it asks for periodic updates and/or the app gets a notification (push from its service, or geofence trip, or events like that)
    10-28-13 09:47 AM
    But do they get a notification?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, they will get a notification. The "always on" benefit of BBM is there. However, if the user force closes BBM or 10 minutes goes by (10 minutes according to app_developer, though I was told 15 by a BB rep but they are not always correct) then the "D" is not sent back to the message sender.
    10-28-13 09:59 AM
    The OS does not kill or shutdown apps after the 10 min (it's 10, not 15). The app just doesn't get cycles after that period, unless it asks for periodic updates and/or the app gets a notification (push from its service, or geofence trip, or events like that)
    I never said the OS kills the app. I said if the app sits idle OR the app is closed...

BB has said all along that the experience is better on a BB device. I'm guessing this is what they are referring to. I have only tested between my Z10 and my daughter's iPhone 3GS so I haven't been able to test with iOS7's background app refresh. However, I have other iOS freinds with iOS7 that I notice the same problem with. It's possible they have turned off the background app refresh as it can be a battery killer I've heard.
    10-28-13 10:03 AM
    I never said the OS kills the app. I said if the app sits idle OR the app is closed...
    Yes, sorry, I misread what you said there. My fault.
    10-28-13 10:07 AM
    So nothing can be done? I'm not having this issue sending BBMs to android users, only IOs users. Grrr.

I am also having this issue even when my IOS friends have BBM open I'm not getting noted of delivered or read. I'm not even sure how many of them they are receiving.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 10:17 AM
    Yes, they will get a notification. The "always on" benefit of BBM is there. However, if the user force closes BBM or 10 minutes goes by (10 minutes according to app_developer, though I was told 15 by a BB rep but they are not always correct) then the "D" is not sent back to the message sender.
    OK good to know that they are getting notification, but kinda defeats the whole purpose of the "D"!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 10:20 AM
    I have only tested between my Z10 and my daughter's iPhone 3GS so I haven't been able to test with iOS7's background app refresh. However, I have other iOS freinds with iOS7 that I notice the same problem with. It's possible they have turned off the background app refresh as it can be a battery killer I've heard.
    I've been testing it with background app refresh enabled, and connected to a packet sniffer.

So it seems that the app sometimes responds to pushes by reaching out for the new messages, and sometimes it doesn't. I haven't found a pattern yet, but it's something I'm still looking at.
    10-28-13 10:30 AM
38 12