Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 09:09 AM
    Can't speak for others, but the ones I chat with on iOS are just complaining of general jumpiness and lag when typing.
    10-23-13 09:11 AM
    I tested it and it shows D when they read it...
    10-23-13 09:13 AM
    I text my wife a few time this morning without any issues, Ottawa Canada

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    10-23-13 09:15 AM
    Sometimes. So far I've found it mostly as fast as to BlackBerrys (i.e., instant) but every so often the check just hangs there awhile. For me at least it seems to be worse sending messages to those in distant countries vs iPhone and Android users nearby. I'm just glad there IS a check, D, and R so we know what's going on, LOL.
    10-23-13 09:16 AM
    It's probably a server load, it should get better in the next few days hopefully.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Thesmartmale; 10-23-13 at 10:27 AM.
    10-23-13 09:41 AM
    It will show delivered only when the app is open but if it's running in the background it will show a tick mark only and they will get the notification but will only show D when they open the app and R when they open the chat.

It's just like how whats app works on IOS.

Posted via CB10
    Ooohh. I don't like that....

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 09:51 AM
    But how come I can send 2 messages back to back and one will say D and the other will just have a checkmark

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 09:52 AM
    It will show delivered only when the app is open but if it's running in the background it will show a tick mark only and they will get the notification but will only show D when they open the app and R when they open the chat.

It's just like how whats app works on IOS.

Posted via CB10
    ...I don't think that's true.
    10-23-13 10:00 AM
    ...I don't think that's true.
    Yeah I just checked again on my sisters iPhone it works normal and not like I said before, it's probably doing this because of the server load. sorry for the wrong info I posted earlier.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    10-23-13 10:19 AM
    Yeah I just checked again on my sisters iPhone it works normal and not like I said before, it's probably doing this because of the server load. sorry for the wrong info I posted earlier.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps you should edit your post
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-23-13 10:20 AM
    I'm not sure but when I BBM from my Z10 to my wife Iphone 4S it delivers right away. She even see the status on her Iphone when I am typing reply.
    10-23-13 10:31 AM

Looks like an update is coming.
    10-23-13 11:08 AM
    I am having the same issue as above on my wife's iphone. I send her a BBM from my Z10 and it will not show as 'D' until she opens the app. If she opens the app and then closes it she will get notifications for a few minutes afterwards but if it is sitting for awhile there will be no notifications. Right now when I BBM her they show as not being delivered and she is probably not seeing a notification so does not think I am sending her messages. Any ideas?
    10-23-13 02:20 PM
    I am having the same issue as above on my wife's iphone. I send her a BBM from my Z10 and it will not show as 'D' until she opens the app. If she opens the app and then closes it she will get notifications for a few minutes afterwards but if it is sitting for awhile there will be no notifications. Right now when I BBM her they show as not being delivered and she is probably not seeing a notification so does not think I am sending her messages. Any ideas?
    Happening to my gf's iPhone as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 03:35 PM
    This seems to be happening when I message my friends who are using iOS too. I imagine it's the operating system and BlackBerry did the best they could? It's pretty annoying only seeing the checkmarks and not the "D", mind you, I would rather have everything working on the iPhone side than on mine. I know how great BBM is, but there are a lot of ifans waiting to knock it.
    10-23-13 04:08 PM
    I'm seeing the delays too. I'm able to duplicate this too. If the app is running in the background of the recipient's iPhone it will show the D. If the recipient has completely closed BBM, the message will still go through and give a notification but the D will not be sent back to the sender. Once the app is opened the D will be sent to the sender. Kinda lame but it appears to be how it works.
    10-23-13 04:43 PM
    I'm seeing the delays too. I'm able to duplicate this too. If the app is running in the background of the recipient's iPhone it will show the D. If the recipient has completely closed BBM, the message will still go through and give a notification but the D will not be sent back to the sender. Once the app is opened the D will be sent to the sender. Kinda lame but it appears to be how it works.
    Oh so I was right lol

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 05:09 PM
    This seems to be happening when I message my friends who are using iOS too. I imagine it's the operating system and BlackBerry did the best they could? It's pretty annoying only seeing the checkmarks and not the "D", mind you, I would rather have everything working on the iPhone side than on mine. I know how great BBM is, but there are a lot of ifans waiting to knock it.
    The message is not even going through to her though. She gets no notification at all. Even with the notifications turned on She has to open BBM and then the messages will show up. Its like if she closes out of BBM and waits 5 minutes she does not receive anything.
    10-23-13 05:15 PM
    Oh so I was right lol

Posted via CB10
    Apologies

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 06:06 PM
    People are not using correct device for bbm.

Jakarta, Indonesia
    rai187 likes this.
    10-23-13 06:12 PM
    Apologies

Posted via CB10
    No need for apologies, it was confusing, the whole delivery issue is weird

Posted via CB10
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    10-23-13 06:38 PM
    People are not using correct device for bbm.

Jakarta, Indonesia
    They were not holding it right.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 11:58 PM
    They were not holding it right.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't they fix that with a 'bumper'?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 12:53 AM
    Exact same problem I'm facing too!

Does anyone else have it when you click on "contacts" and the app crashes?
    10-24-13 02:56 AM
38 12