I'm my z10 and bbming other BlackBerry devices and android devices works just fine. But I noticed when I bbm people on the iPhone , it'll either send right away or take a good 5 mins to send. Is that a problem with the app itself on my end or on their end? Kind of frustrating to not be able to get my message to my friends.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 01:01 PM
    It's the iPhone.

If BBM is closed or has been inactive for 5 minutes (I think it's 5), your BBM won't show you delivered, but the message has indeed been sent to your friend.

It's just how iOS multitasks
    clickitykeys and crazeee4u like this.
    11-08-13 01:04 PM
    if u sens msg to ios bbm while the other user screen is locked then u will see gray check mark instead of D. when the ios user will unlock screen it will turn in D. this is ios behavior and does not mean message was never delivered.
    crazeee4u and Teleo like this.
    11-08-13 01:07 PM
    If they are using the data connection on their iPhone to surf the internet for example...no other data will go thru. It will therefore take a while to show as "received". It happens to me also when my friend is on a phone call and using their data connection to look up something on the internet at the same time on their Z10...
    I'm my z10 and bbming other BlackBerry devices and android devices works just fine. But I noticed when I bbm people on the iPhone , it'll either send right away or take a good 5 mins to send. Is that a problem with the app itself on my end or on their end? Kind of frustrating to not be able to get my message to my friends.

Posted via CB10
    crazeee4u likes this.
    11-08-13 01:07 PM
    Thank you everyone for your replies food to know that it has been delivered .

I wasn't sure if multitasking had something to do with it haha only ever owned a BlackBerry so the bbm is always "on" and working!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 03:03 PM
    It's just how iOS multitasks
    That was funny. I LOL'ed :-).

BBQ10
    11-09-13 06:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Does the same with WhatsApp on iPhone...
    11-10-13 07:39 AM
    I actually did a test with my wife's phone. It will show a check mark if she has the app closed but will still send her a notification. Once she opens it and starts the app the "D" shows up
    11-10-13 06:59 PM
    Yea, my brother is in Android and it takes some time, to a very long time for me to get a delivered mark. But the idea that he might be in a sleep type mode seems to make some sense also, because sometimes it goes right to blue. Those times are when we're in the middle of a conversation that's going quickly.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 07:05 PM
    I've seen the same thing on my gfs iphone. if she is active on the phone (screen on) the message is delivered. if the screen is off and the phone has been idle for a while, only a check mark. I get the "d" when she opens the app, or wait a bit. I think it has something to do with the phone disabling data/wifi to save battery when its been idle for awhile. it seems like it goes into poll mode for background app refreshes when the screen is off/locked.
    11-10-13 08:10 PM
    This is the proper venue for this discussion:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...y-poor-864125/
    11-13-13 08:15 AM
    Sounds like thats what it is, turning off the data to save battery after awhile, hopefully people will realize its the phone doing it and not the app and stick with BBM
    11-13-13 02:28 PM
    Sounds like thats what it is, turning off the data to save battery after awhile, hopefully people will realize its the phone doing it and not the app and stick with BBM
    Um, no that's not what it is at all.
    11-13-13 03:50 PM
    Well in my experience that's what is happening
    11-13-13 04:10 PM
    Well in my experience that's what is happening
    You're saying iPhone "turn off data" to save battery? Then why do emails consistently get delivered?

People will not realize it's "the phone doing it and not the app and stick with BBM." They wilk put the blame squarely where it lies - on BBM.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 05:06 PM
    Actually on an iPhone you have the option of push email or not. For instance I don't know I have an email I too I actually open the mail app up and my phone retrieves it for me, saves battery. So yes data can go off in the background to save on battery life. The only time it "wakes" up is pretty much when you get an SMS or iMessage
    11-13-13 06:02 PM
    Ok gonna weigh in here...

If they are using the data connection on their iPhone to surf the internet for example...no other data will go thru. It will therefore take a while to show as "received". It happens to me also when my friend is on a phone call and using their data connection to look up something on the internet at the same time on their Z10...
    I have an iPhone 5s on iOS 7.0.3 and I can tell you that when I'm browsing the internet I still get BBM messages, so that's not true. Of course other data can go through!

I actually have the same problem as the OP, but with android AND iOS phones. I don't know why, but it's annoying.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-13-13 06:10 PM
    Actually on an iPhone you have the option of push email or not.
    Great! So where is the option for push BBM's so the data doesn't go off in the background? Oh, that option is not there? Thought not.
    11-13-13 06:19 PM
    Ok gonna weigh in here...

I have an iPhone 5s on iOS 7.0.3 and I can tell you that when I'm browsing the internet I still get BBM messages, so that's not true. Of course other data can go through!

I actually have the same problem as the OP, but with android AND iOS phones. I don't know why, but it's annoying.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Oh wait, so it's not all Apple's fault? I'm shocked.
    11-13-13 06:20 PM