BBMs are taking anywhere from 10-45 minutes to deliver. Some go through, some delayed but it's a constant problem, every single day. I'll send one and it'll get stuck, the next one will go through and so on and so on. I've googled it and searched here and I don't see anyone else complaining.... It's super frustrating!!
    jbrandonyates likes this.
    10-28-13 12:10 PM
    Welcome to the CB forums! Sorry to hear about your issue, you have to remember that some users are only having their data on wifi. Have you tested that they are connected phones 24/7? My Android and other Android users on other side of the world, is as reliable as if it was BB to BB.
    10-28-13 12:25 PM
    yup

non BB BBM for me is on a par with BBM on my BB
    10-28-13 12:33 PM
    well mine works an now it works even better with the connected notification so you should try that but i know bbm will get better at the paste its going with.
    10-28-13 12:34 PM
    It's not just android... also happens to iPhone s I think.. for the most part it works... but sometimes ill send a message to my gf on her iPhone.. and she won't get it for a good 5- 10 minutes.. not always though... so it's still good for us..

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 12:39 PM
    Thanks! Yes they are connected 24/7 - not always on wifi. Having the connected notification always turned on on both sides. It's happening when we're both in locations with good connections. Some days are better than others. If it's not a known issue I guess we'll just wait it out and hope it resolves.
    10-28-13 12:44 PM
    yeah well am from saint.lucia an i must say i have more probs with whatsapp than bbm and bbm has just arrived in the cross platform and runs better an i know theres more coming in the future.
    10-28-13 12:49 PM
    Android and iOS BBM app doesn't deliver unless they open the bbm app no? Then goes from Check mark to a D and an R when read I think?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 12:54 PM
    Im having similar problems but Im no even going to complain cause it is VERY new & Im pretty sure it will be fixed.

1. I was have a 1 on 1 convo & I got a portion of the convo, a few BBMs 2 hours after they were sent.

2. while in a Group Chat that was maxed at 30(even though counter said 45 at peak), Friday's BBMs was coming in Sunday night.

which leads me to ask, is the Android/IOs BBms being sent via BlackBerry's network or through carrier's network to BlackBerry's network??
    see_pink likes this.
    10-28-13 01:36 PM
    I often see the checkmark even though the message was delivered (should be showing a "D").
    10-28-13 05:34 PM
    Cannot mix jelly beans and ice cream...tastes awful

Jakarta, Indonesia
    Lyte likes this.
    10-28-13 06:52 PM
    Same here, same problem... If anyone knows what is going on please let me know. It's so frustrating! Delayed messages. Sometimes up to 2-3 hrs!
    10-28-13 08:00 PM
    Cannot mix jelly beans and ice cream...tastes awful

Jakarta, Indonesia
    funny
    10-29-13 08:37 AM
    I see the same problem here. However, I sent a message almost 18 hours ago and it still has not been sent. I've gone back to WhatsApp because of these issues.
    10-30-13 08:22 AM
    I have the same issues between my Q10 and my husband's android device. Sometimes, it gets the "D" immediately and the other times it takes up to 30 minutes to get delivered. Frustrating and may cause some of the user base to find another alternative.

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1791
    10-30-13 10:13 AM
    BBMs are taking anywhere from 10-45 minutes to deliver. Some go through, some delayed but it's a constant problem, every single day. I'll send one and it'll get stuck, the next one will go through and so on and so on. I've googled it and searched here and I don't see anyone else complaining.... It's super frustrating!!
    I'm having the same issue with my Note II BBMing to other Android devices (I don't have any iOS device or Blackberry contacts yet). It's only intermittent though. Most of the time BBMs go through pretty swiftly, but then out of nowhere they'll start getting stuck with the gray check mark instead of the blue D sometimes for hours! I've noticed that if I use emoticons that may sometimes exacerbate the problem, but even that theory doesn't always pan out 100%. There's just no rhyme or reason to it at least on my end. I don't know if it's an issue of Blackberry's servers being overwhelmed due to the sudden surge since the Android and iOS apps were released or what. I really want to like BBM as overall I think it's a great app with more improvements surely on the way. However, I need for Blackberry to fix whatever this issue is as I require a messaging app to be more reliable and consistent which isn't an unreasonable expectation.
    see_pink likes this.
    10-30-13 10:29 AM
    It's been better the last few days. Wondering the same thing if BB servers are just overwhelmed at times. Trying to be patient and wait it out because I want to use it!
    11-02-13 12:08 PM