Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hello!
    Does anyone know how does BBMe video upload actually works?
    It seems that if video is very low resolution, like 320x568, bbme does NOT change its quality (original clip on the phone and uploaded clip in BBMe will have same resolution and size)
    However, using Key2, I uploaded 3840x2160 video of 80mb, and BBMe reduced it to 2.28mb and 320x568 resolution??!!!

Also, I discovered that when uploaded from iPhone, video size and resolution are NOT reduced when posting to BBMe.

Ofc, all my settings are correct (HD upload quality)

Anyone knows how this really works?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by PsihoKey2; 07-08-19 at 10:30 AM.
    07-08-19 09:06 AM
    wow! nobody?
    07-09-19 09:36 AM
    Maybe @Denis Fedotenko?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-19 09:48 AM
    BBMe is sorta of a brand new product... finding any details on what the service offers is difficult. There use to be a 16MB file limit.... but many have exceed that without any compression. Where others have had some auto compression kick in that greatly affects the end product... compression seems to depend on how large the file is to begin with - what device you are using (BBOS, BB10, Android or iOS).

If you need to send 80MB files, best solution is a cloud storage option and send the user a link to the file.
    07-09-19 09:53 AM
    BBMe is sorta of a brand new product... finding any details on what the service offers is difficult. There use to be a 16MB file limit.... but many have exceed that without any compression. Where others have had some auto compression kick in that greatly affects the end product... compression seems to depend on how large the file is to begin with - what device you are using (BBOS, BB10, Android or iOS).

If you need to send 80MB files, best solution is a cloud storage option and send the user a link to the file.
    I think iOS BBMe users have their BBMe - when posting videos to group- EXACTLY same size and resolution(quality). I tested it with my friends iPhoneX.
    And for us on android blackberry or similar, even if video size is 8mb, compression really reduces video's size and resolution (to 320x580 or such...)...
    I think that for iOS BBMe users, BBMe does NOT have permission to 'change' file that is being uploaded...kinda same like BBMe not being able to prevent screeshot for iPhone users....
    I could be wrong...
    07-09-19 01:37 PM

Denis Fedotenko also mentioned that it could be because of file size...but still, if I upoad 8mb video to BBMe group, it gets reduced to under 2mb, and with much less quality....
    Hopefully we will learn soon how this works so we can understand..
    Long live BBMe, best app for messaging!!!
    07-09-19 01:39 PM
    Unless you want to send full-size videos.
    07-09-19 01:51 PM
    Denis Fedotenko also mentioned that it could be because of file size...but still, if I upoad 8mb video to BBMe group, it gets reduced to under 2mb, and with much less quality....
    Hopefully we will learn soon how this works so we can understand..
    Consider the bandwidth that BlackBerry has to pay for, you have a group of 30 people and they are all accessing a 8MB file vs a 2MB file....

Now multiply that out by the 1000's of BBM users sending a video or two ever day.

I almost expcet there to be more adjustments next year to the plans offered....
    07-09-19 02:05 PM
    Consider the bandwidth that BlackBerry has to pay for, you have a group of 30 people and they are all accessing a 8MB file vs a 2MB file....

Now multiply that out by the 1000's of BBM users sending a video or two ever day.

I almost expcet there to be more adjustments next year to the plans offered....
    I am completely ok with that, video quality, even after compression is OK, acceptable.
    What confuses me, is how iOS BBMe users can have full size unchanged quality posting ability....
    Could be that on iOS compression works differently, so that's why this happends...
    No big deal though...
    07-09-19 02:09 PM