Ok, so BBMe is really Great! It has many quality features, and even more space to improve.
    I will post 3 things that should be immideately improved:

1. When there is missed voice or video call , NO notification arrives( no badge on app icon/notification/led). It means that user cannot know there was a call (video/voice) unless he enters app and realize it only when entering app.
    They should fix this!!
    2. After creating group and entering group via chat/group tabs, and doing 'retract chat' option, for this group member(that performs retract), group dissapears(from Both chat AND GROUP tabs, and he is removed from group. Retract chat should NOT mean 'leave group'.
    This should be changed, all chat is retracted, but you should stay in the group.
    3. We should be able to chose foto for Group avatar!

Does anyone have any insight on this 2 issues?
    Last edited by RakacKey2; 04-26-19 at 04:20 PM.
    Stasjuk and herbersh like this.
    04-25-19 11:13 PM
    My suggestion is the possibility of adding a picture to a group.
    herbersh likes this.
    04-26-19 11:17 AM
    Ok, so BBMe is really Great! It has many quality features, and even more space to improve.
    I will post 2 things that should be immideately improved:

1. When there is missed voice or video call , NO notification arrives( no badge on app icon/notification/led). It means that user cannot know there was a call (video/voice) unless he enters app and realize it only when entering app.
    They should fix this!!
    2. After creating group and entering group via chat/group tabs, and doing 'retract chat' option, for this group member(that performs retract), group dissapears(from Both chat AND GROUP tabs, and he is removed from group. Retract chat should NOT mean 'leave group'.
    This should be changed, all chat is retracted, but you should stay in the group.

BlackBerry doesn't really even want you to use BBMe, so I doubt anything will change.
    04-26-19 12:28 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't really even want you to use BBMe, so I doubt anything will change.
    After struggling to get some friends registered, and still having problems, that's very much my feeling at the moment too.

It is just bizarre that BlackBerry would release a half baked app (from a getting it working point of view) with their name on it.

I'm giving up as I have absolutely nobody to chat to on BBMe.
    04-26-19 12:56 PM
    After struggling to get some friends registered, and still having problems, that's very much my feeling at the moment too.

It is just bizarre that BlackBerry would release a half baked app (from a getting it working point of view) with their name on it.

I'm giving up as I have absolutely nobody to chat to on BBMe.
    It does work quite well as it was intended to - i.e.: within a corporate EMM. But not so much in this new, consumer way - too many variables and permutations.
    04-26-19 01:08 PM
    I will post 2 things that should be immideately improved:

They should fix this!!

Hi,

As you have already emailed BBM Enterprise Support group, the first issue has been well noted.
    With regards to the second one,

the Retract: retracting and leaving is currently the intended action.
    BBeast likes this.
    04-26-19 04:04 PM
    My suggestion is the possibility of adding a picture to a group.
    Absolutely Agreed!!!!
    04-26-19 04:19 PM
    Thanks! Would be great if they fix 1st issue and also add possibility to chose Group foto!
    04-26-19 04:22 PM
    Hmmm...not sure I agree...
    I already have 30+ contacts on BBMe they are really satisfied, works flawless...
    Only few small tweeks needed to be Perfect!
    elfabio80 and jamesharmeling like this.
    04-26-19 04:23 PM
    Hmmm...not sure I agree...
    I already have 30+ contacts on BBMe they are really satisfied, works flawless...
    Only few small tweeks needed to be Perfect!
    That's nice, but it doesn't speak to my points.

BlackBerry loses money on every new subscription - even at $5/yr.
    04-26-19 04:25 PM
    That's nice, but it doesn't speak to my points.

BlackBerry loses money on every new subscription - even at $5/yr.
    What is your point? That Blackberry doesn't want us to use BBMe, and yet they opened it for individual use for all major manufactures, iOS , etc.... ?
    I don't agree with you
    04-26-19 04:27 PM
    Absolutely Agreed!!!!
    Avatar photo for group xhats has also been well noted a sa request by BBMe support team.
    04-26-19 04:28 PM
    What is your point? That Blackberry doesn't want us to use BBMe, and yet they opened it for individual use for all major manufactures, iOS , etc.... ?
    I don't agree with you
    They are providing a short term solution for those that suddenly got the rug pulled out from under them. But they would actually prefer if you just left, as this exercise is only costing them money.

Ironically, if you are a BlackBerry supporter, you would refrain from using BBMe.
    04-26-19 04:29 PM
    They are providing a short term solution for those that suddenly got the rug pulled out from under them. But they would actually prefer if you just left, as this exercise is only costing them money.

Ironically, if you are a BlackBerry supporter, you would refrain from using BBMe.
    Sorry, but I disagree as well...how are they "losing money" ? Do you have a cost analysis?
    If it's not costing anything to have consumers, yet they can pull in some pocket change and more importantly get some great exposure, then where's the downside for BB?
    I don't get it...
    04-26-19 04:44 PM
    Sorry, but I disagree as well...how are they "losing money" ? Do you have a cost analysis?
    If it's not costing anything to have consumers, yet they can pull in some pocket change and more importantly get some great exposure, then where's the downside for BB?
    I don't get it...
    There are likely to be less than a couple hundred thousand subscriptions in the end, and even at $5/year it would not come close to covering the infrastructure required to once again service the consumer market.

This is all a stop-gap, of that I'm sure.
    04-26-19 04:45 PM
    BBMc like e2e protected :

1€/year and 100.000.000 users = 100.000.000 €/year ??

BBMe :

5€/year and 150.000 users = 750.000 €/year??

Where is the truth?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-19 04:51 PM
    BBMc like e2e protected :

1€/year and 100.000.000 users = 100.000.000 €/year ??

BBMe :

5€/year and 150.000 users = 750.000 €/year??

Where is the truth?

Posted via CB10
    Not following.

There were only a few million left on BBM Consumer - and they lost tons of money. It was never profitable.

BBM Enterprise (non-UEM) will probably only bring in $1 million in year two - at best. Also a big loss.
    04-26-19 05:07 PM
    They are providing a short term solution for those that suddenly got the rug pulled out from under them.
    So what are they going to do after the "short term"?
    I suspect most people that decided to switch over are now settling in for the ultimate BBM experience, and visualizing a long term secure messenger - that they're now paying for. If BlackBerry was going to shut everything down soon anyway, why not right away instead of shoving us around until finally pulling the rug out completely?
    That's what I don't quite get.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-19 05:19 PM
    I suspect most people that decided to switch over are now settling in for the ultimate BBM experience, and visualizing a long term secure messenger - that they're now paying for. If BlackBerry was going to shut everything down soon anyway, why not right away instead of shoving us around until finally pulling the rug out completely?

Posted via CB10
    Nobody's paying right now are they?
    04-26-19 05:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Download numbers are still between 100,000 and 500,000. Hasn't changed in months.
    04-26-19 05:31 PM
    Nobody's paying right now are they?
    No, but they're all set up to in a year from now...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-19 05:34 PM
    Download numbers are still between 100,000 and 500,000. Hasn't changed in months.
    So what do you think they'll do, raise the price and let everyone stay who's willing pay or shut everything down completely?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-19 05:36 PM
    So what do you think they'll do, raise the price and let everyone stay who's willing pay or shut everything down completely?

Posted via CB10
    They won't need to. The eventual number of users will be very low.
    04-26-19 05:41 PM
    They won't need to.
    Do what? My question was, what will happen to BBMe after the "short term solution".

Posted via CB10
    04-26-19 05:51 PM
    Do what? My question was, what will happen to BBMe after the "short term solution".

Posted via CB10
    They won't shut it down. They are just counting on people leaving organically.
    04-26-19 05:56 PM
222 123 ...