Every once in a while some news like I linked above come out...
    One more reason to appreciate BBMe and its awesomeness!!!
    It Doesn't ask phone number or your most private and sensitive info to register, like Viber and WhatsApp do, and it does NOT have security flaws like Telegram and such....
    Thanks Blackberry for BBME! Keep good work!!!!!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoff.../#33b599116342
    08-27-19 02:45 AM
    Two months ago, I was able to get 9 contacts of friends and family members on BBMe.
    No one is active today. I also forgot about BBMe. You just reminded me.

The app is really good , but I guess it will die soon.
    Another BlackBerry failure!
    08-27-19 02:55 AM
    Wow this could be a game changer for which messaging apps are secured or not !? Does look like Telegram encryption has been compromised?!!
    Forbes seems like a reliable source.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    08-27-19 02:57 AM
    Two months ago, I was able to get 9 contacts of friends and family members on BBMe.
    No one is active today. I also forgot about this. You just reminded me.

The app is really good , but I guess it will die soon.
    Another BlackBerry failure!
    It is growing more and more!
    08-27-19 02:59 AM
    It is growing more and more!
    Don't think so.
    Still +500K downloads, which is extremely low compared to other instant messaging apps.
    Also the rate of reviews posting on Google play is very much decelerating, and the majority of tgose reviews are single star negative.

It is impossible to build a viable messaging app ecosystem on that minimal rate.
    08-27-19 03:04 AM
    Even a temporary phone number does not seem to guarantee that you can use an account 'anonymously'.

A big plus for the BBMe.
    08-27-19 04:01 AM
    If this has been such a necessity and each version of BBM has not required phone number and never has, then why didn't the demand for BBM not remain near top for millions of users? Why haven't they all flocked to BBMe/BBMc already? It's like everything security related. If not free, nobody pays and products die.
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-27-19 04:08 AM
    If this has been such a necessity and each version of BBM has not required phone number and never has, then why didn't the demand for BBM not remain near top for millions of users? Why haven't they all flocked to BBMe/BBMc already? It's like everything security related. If not free, nobody pays and products die.
    Not paying does not mean "free" . Paying with your data is the opposite of free.
    Hazo likes this.
    08-27-19 04:18 AM
    As long as only products die!

The situation in Hong Kong shows, however, how quickly life or at least the integrity and freedom of people can be threatened by ignorance or thrift.
    Safer alternatives, such as the BBME, are therefore important. And perhaps this news will stir up some people in the rest of the world again. Also and especially in NA.
    08-27-19 04:31 AM
    Not paying does not mean "free" . Paying with your data is the opposite of free.
    Phenomenal point! I would rather pay 4€ than give my most private sensitive data!
    Rico4you likes this.
    08-27-19 04:41 AM
    You should by now realise that in this world, justice and rightwousness don't always win.... With monopolistic strategies, other companies are trying to destroy blackberry, BBM and all secure systems, for the goal to be able to spy, control , influence people...
    One example is whatsapp .... You could NOT use it normally on OS10...its pure monopoly.....so that people move from blackberry to other device....
    They all want us to be sheeps who do what THEY tell us is correct and in trend...
    I am not one of people who are manipulated.
    BBMe!!!
    anon(10218918) and elfabio80 like this.
    08-27-19 04:44 AM
    Also, no other messaging app has PING, Group Ping (fully customisable), timed messages etc etc...
    really best app out there!!
    BBMe 10/10!!!
    08-27-19 05:16 AM
    You should by now realise that in this world, justice and rightwousness don't always win.... With monopolistic strategies, other companies are trying to destroy blackberry, BBM and all secure systems, for the goal to be able to spy, control , influence people...
    One example is whatsapp .... You could NOT use it normally on OS10...its pure monopoly.....so that people move from blackberry to other device....
    They all want us to be sheeps who do what THEY tell us is correct and in trend...
    I am not one of people who are manipulated.
    BBMe!!!
    The original WhatsApp functioned just fine in BB10 until the developers dropped the native BB10 support.
    08-27-19 05:27 AM

People know that but most consumers prefer to pay with their data. It’s freedom of choice and that’s what consumers have chosen. Even when informed of this, consumers don’t support the secure methods.
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-27-19 05:29 AM
    As long as only products die!

The situation in Hong Kong shows, however, how quickly life or at least the integrity and freedom of people can be threatened by ignorance or thrift.
    Safer alternatives, such as the BBME, are therefore important. And perhaps this news will stir up some people in the rest of the world again. Also and especially in NA.
    The point is that even where security is so important, why did consumers there choose Telegram instead of BBM when BBM Android/iOS was developed? How about when Emtek took over? How about since it’s been offered again through BB as BBMc service? If the BBMc hasn’t taken off like wildfire by now, three months later, it’s practically dead, over and finished.
    08-27-19 05:36 AM
    Phenomenal point! I would rather pay 4€ than give my most private sensitive data!

Unfortunately the majority of people that find their way to App Store don’t share your opinion. People feel their data is ok to share because it’s alreas leaked in so many other ways.
    08-27-19 05:38 AM
    People know that but most consumers prefer to pay with their data. It’s freedom of choice and that’s what consumers have chosen. Even when informed of this, consumers don’t support the secure methods.
    Not all what the masses want is ethically correct !!!

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-27-19 05:41 AM
    Not all what the masses want is ethically correct !!!

Posted via CB10
    How can ethically correct be defined? Society itself determines moral and ethical standards and votes on those standards through acceptance or rejection.

What’s going on throughout history is when the so called enlightened think certain few know what’s better for the rest of society even though society disagrees.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-27-19 05:46 AM
    The original WhatsApp functioned just fine in BB10 until the developers dropped the native BB10 support.
    Yes, but why did they drop support for BB10? Because they were forced by other phone makers and Operating systems to take blackberry out of competition...
    'If you want to se whatsapp then u have to buy iphone or samsung etc' philosophy...
    Most of people in our world are really brainwashed and misslead by their monopolistic propaganda....
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    08-27-19 05:50 AM
    How can ethically correct be defined? Society itself determines moral and ethical standards and votes on those standards through acceptance or rejection.

What’s going on throughout history is when the so called enlightened think certain few know what’s better for the rest of society even though society disagrees.
    What do you think about masses agrreeing to "the total war" question of Goebbels in World war II? What about the manipulated masses in dictator ships? Your point of view is an attac on the ideals of the human rights. Not everything is allowed to the masses.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-19 05:59 AM
    The point is that even where security is so important, why did consumers there choose Telegram instead of BBM when BBM Android/iOS was developed? How about when Emtek took over? How about since it’s been offered again through BB as BBMc service? If the BBMc hasn’t taken off like wildfire by now, three months later, it’s practically dead, over and finished.
    We're talking about security features. You talk about the fact that not more users downloaded the BBMe.

We are happy that there is a secure alternative to WhatsApp and Co. You hope the BBMe will "die" soon.

We know that the BBMe is not for the masses but an option for them. You see this as a stigma and death sentence.

We are working to make the BBMe better. And you ...?
    08-27-19 06:01 AM
    Yes, but why did they drop support for BB10? Because they were forced by other phone makers and Operating systems to take blackberry out of competition...
    'If you want to se whatsapp then u have to buy iphone or samsung etc' philosophy...
    Most of people in our world are really brainwashed and misslead by their monopolistic propaganda....
    Seriously? It’s simple economics. BB10 don’t offer any revenue source to pay for the support. BB10 users were basically freeloaders. Consumers put BB10 under by rejecting BB10 itself.. when are BB10 or BBMc privacy advocates right or wrong, going to understand you’re going to have to pay 100x or 1000x to support minuscule quantities. You have lack of demand and lack of paying customers...
    08-27-19 06:01 AM
    What do you think about masses agrreeing to "the total war" question of Goebbels in World war II? What about the manipulated masses in dictator ships? Your point of view is an attac on the ideals of the human rights. Not everything is allowed to the masses.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent poing again!!!
    I always say... millions of people drive Toyota, and very few Porsche..... That doesn't make Toyota a better car.
    Same is with Viber, Whatsapp etc etc VS. BBMe.

Luckily, I have 62 contacts, and I am willing to pay 4€ per year and SAVE my privacy (like my own phone number) to have best messaging app on planet. That is BBMe.
    08-27-19 06:06 AM
    We're talking about security features. You talk about the fact that not more users downloaded the BBMe.

We are happy that there is a secure alternative to WhatsApp and Co. You hope the BBMe will "die" soon.

We know that the BBMe is not for the masses but an option for them. You see this as a stigma and death sentence.

Completely agree!!
    There is no question, BBMe is the most reliable and secure app.
    Rico4you likes this.
    08-27-19 06:07 AM

My viewpoint is that it doesn’t matter. Consumers even faced with impending doom and real death potential don’t seem to care.

It’s known that BBMc is out there. In April, people had a chance to switch over. By and large they’re choosing not to pay for the service. It’s just a fact. I don’t care whether BBMc lives or dies. I’m just expressing my viewpoint. Isn’t that what free speech on a public forum is about? Do you allow free speech in your websites, forums, threads and groups? I’ll bet you don’t... surely not like CrackBerry, MobileNations and the USA which is what I’m used to. As long as I follow the rules and terms of service.
    08-27-19 06:12 AM
171 123 ...