I am not sure if this has been already addressed. Over the last few weeks, messenger messages seem to be delayed for delivery. The message is sent then there is a green check mark until the it gets to the receiver.

Sometimes the delay is hours. Has any one reported on this? I am down to 10 BBM contacts and would hate to ditch BBM, but this is ridiculous.
    Last edited by BB Adict; 01-31-20 at 03:39 PM.
    01-29-20 10:46 PM
    My messages usually deliver within half a second to 2 seconds, any chance the contacts you're messaging are on iOS?
    There is an issue with the iOS app where the user has to open the app before they receive any messages - but is being addressed according to the dev team.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-20 08:30 AM
    Unfortunately this delivery issue still exists with iOS users... BBMe is working just fine currently other than this conflict with iOS.

Delivery of messages is within a second or less to all of my contacts except for iPhone users... 😠

Bob
    01-30-20 08:57 AM
    Unfortunately this delivery issue still exists with iOS users... BBMe is working just fine currently other than this conflict with iOS.

Delivery of messages is within a second or less to all of my contacts except for iPhone users...

Bob
    So, only 51% of North American users are affected?
    John Albert and pgg101 like this.
    01-30-20 09:08 AM
    So, only 51% of North American users are affected?
    Really bad for those 7 users!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-30-20 10:00 AM
    Really bad for those 7 users!
    That depends as my account shows Android but I’m accessing via iOS exclusively. So it’s really 8 users that are not happy.

No problems on my other communication platforms. Security is really good when broken and/or not used as there’s nothing to steal.
    01-30-20 10:36 AM
    As I understand it... BlackBerry Ltd uses iPhones now, so you'd think they'd need BBMe working great on iOS. But then that assumes that the company uses BBMe. More likely they have moved to a better solution for business, like Slack or Teams.
    01-30-20 11:13 AM
    As I understand it... BlackBerry Ltd uses iPhones now, so you'd think they'd need BBMe working great on iOS. But then that assumes that the company uses BBMe. More likely they have moved to a better solution for business, like Slack or Teams.
    The irony of the conundrum or the conundrum of the irony?!?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-30-20 08:12 PM
    I am not sure if this has been already addressed. Over the last few weeks, messenger messages seem to be delayed for delivery. The message is sent then there is a green check mark until the it gets to the receiver.

Sometimes the delay is hours. Has any one reported on this? I am down to 10 BBM contacts and would hate to ditch BBM, but thos is ridiculous.
    Update with fix is coming,. Todays update is just the start, rest assured it will be fixed!
    Last edited by PsihoKey2; 01-31-20 at 01:09 PM.
    Rico4you and Bob80220 like this.
    01-31-20 12:47 PM
    Update with fix is coming,. Todays update is just 1/3, rest assured it will be fixed!
    Awesome! Good news.
    01-31-20 12:53 PM
    Update with fix is coming,. Todays update is just the start, rest assured it will be fixed!
    Awesome! Good news.
    It better be coming soon, because two weeks is completely unacceptable for an app that claims to be a core messenging component to anyone's critical infrastructure.

They have now clearly demonstrated that they cannot be counted on, and are no longer a viable choice if they ever were to begin with.
    John Albert and Mecca EL like this.
    01-31-20 01:55 PM
    Whatever the update, I did install this morning and I’m not seeing any difference.
    01-31-20 02:08 PM
    Whatever the update, I did install this morning and I’m not seeing any difference.
    It's supposedly only 1/3 of the needed fix.... to get notifications back.

It's all part of the plan... please stand by.
    01-31-20 02:10 PM
    It's supposedly only 1/3 of the needed fix.... to get notifications back.

It's all part of the plan... please stand by.
    Don’t most companies rollout the entire fix at one time ?
    01-31-20 02:18 PM
    Don’t most companies rollout the entire fix at one time ?
    Come on.... BlackBerry ain't most companies.
    01-31-20 02:46 PM
    Step by step the app is improved. Even if you can't see every improvement immediately, but this is not always the case with other providers.

I would also wish that the development would go faster. But more important for me is to see that BlackBerry Ltd. , despite all the prophecies of doom here in the forum, continues to develop the app. And that even though the company is not supposed to earn money with it, as is often written here.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-31-20 03:17 PM
    Step by step the app is improved. Even if you can't see every improvement immediately, but this is not always the case with other providers.

I would also wish that the development would go faster. But more important for me is to see that BlackBerry Ltd. , despite all the prophecies of doom here in the forum, continues to develop the app. And that even though the company is not supposed to earn money with it, as is often written here.
    But fixing things is far more mission critical than slowly providing more features over time. Having notifications completely broken for (so far) two weeks for over half of North Americans is inexcusable. Period. It's nothing short of a deal-breaker.

Can you even imagine the outcry if this happenned to WhatsApp, Messenger, or any of the others? There would probably be lawsuits, judicial inquiries, fines, etc. But it wouldn't happen because they'd have 100 people on it 24/7 until it was fixed.
    Last edited by conite; 01-31-20 at 03:35 PM.
    Mecca EL and John Albert like this.
    01-31-20 03:21 PM

Sometimes the delay is hours. Has any one reported on this? I am down to 10 BBM contacts and would hate to ditch BBM, but this is ridiculous.
    Thanks for your many responses. It seems to make sense now, as most of my contacts are on Apple devices. I do hope Blackberry sorts this out soon.
    Virginwid0w likes this.
    01-31-20 03:40 PM
    The fact that some try and find this excusable is ridiculous. The objective for any company is profits. We’re coming up on the one year anniversary of BBMe introduction soon. I’ll pay, as well as many others, for a properly functioning product. Had they left BBMe product alone without upgrade, it can expect payment. Who in their right mind, breaks a product and then expects payment. There was absolutely no reason to update BBMe, on the iOS portion, until it was iOS ready.
    01-31-20 04:23 PM

Great point!
    It is still here, getting better and better.
    This also will be sorted out. I am glad to avoid other IM apps that monetize your privacy
    01-31-20 04:27 PM
    Great point!
    It is still here, getting better and better.
    This also will be sorted out. I am glad to avoid other IM apps that monetize your privacy
    You don't have to choose Facebook apps btw. There are many other popular (and supported in a timely manner!!) ones - none of which monetise your meta-data.

You do understand that 2 weeks of critical failure is a deal-breaker for any serious user, right?
    John Albert likes this.
    01-31-20 05:37 PM
    So, I got be BB Passport back, FINALLY from repair, only to discover Blackberry has all but abandoned their most formidable Flagship ever. Apparently due to the cost of 3rd party backend support - after they "sold out" (GRrrrr) to Gew-Gul.

So the BBM still on my device opens, but can't do anything. Shows "server error" messagest if for instance I want to upvote content that's still existing in the channels I subscribed to before the holocaust. The CONTENT still displays, but I can't DO anything.

I've read that (allegedly) native BBM users are 'entitled' (sic) to "FREE access" this new BBMe thingy, but noplace can I find even how to put this in my device.

Perpelexed I am. If anyone could guide me to how to navigate this (needless) nuisance, I'd be deeply grateful.

Note: I don't have a bank account. As the gvt where I live takes the liberty of snooping into such things. So if the solution involves payment we'll have to discuss what forms of cashier checque or money order must be mailed by post to where.

Or, if need be, will they accept a prepaid Visa or Mastercharge gift card (if the fees are not exorbitant). In short, I will not make transactions that cannot be accomplished with full anonymity.

Sincere Thanks
    VW
    02-03-20 12:09 AM
    So, I got be BB Passport back, FINALLY from repair, only to discover Blackberry has all but abandoned their most formidable Flagship ever. Apparently due to the cost of 3rd party backend support - after they "sold out" (GRrrrr) to Gew-Gul.

So the BBM still on my device opens, but can't do anything. Shows "server error" messagest if for instance I want to upvote content that's still existing in the channels I subscribed to before the holocaust. The CONTENT still displays, but I can't DO anything.

I've read that (allegedly) native BBM users are 'entitled' (sic) to "FREE access" this new BBMe thingy, but noplace can I find even how to put this in my device.

Perpelexed I am. If anyone could guide me to how to navigate this (needless) nuisance, I'd be deeply grateful.

Note: I don't have a bank account. As the gvt where I live takes the liberty of snooping into such things. So if the solution involves payment we'll have to discuss what forms of cashier checque or money order must be mailed by post to where.

Or, if need be, will they accept a prepaid Visa or Mastercharge gift card (if the fees are not exorbitant). In short, I will not make transactions that cannot be accomplished with full anonymity.

Sincere Thanks
    VW
    You don't do anything on BB10. Just continue to use BBM as before. Channels have long since been abandoned though.
    02-03-20 07:37 AM