Hi! I don't know much about Blackberry, but my boyfriend has a Bold (apologies, I don't know the version, but super old, probably the one of the first ones made...there's only the trackpad, no touchscreen). He uses a flip phone for phone use and does not text in the traditional sense, he's very old school. We would communicate throughout the day using BBM, which was a fantastic alternative - until it shut down a couple weeks ago. I did sign up for BBM Enterprise, but we can't seem to finalize adding each other as contacts...we both are stuck with messages saying "waiting for authorization," which happens whether I invite him or vice versa. I've even deleted the requests and tried to start over, but we can't get further than the "pending" stage. He is pretty inept at technology, and since I am not a regular user of Blackberry, can someone help me out please? Appreciate any help I can get, thanks in advance!
    06-13-19 08:40 AM
    Hi! I don't know much about Blackberry, but my boyfriend has a Bold (apologies, I don't know the version, but super old, probably the one of the first ones made...there's only the trackpad, no touchscreen). He uses a flip phone for phone use and does not text in the traditional sense, he's very old school. We would communicate throughout the day using BBM, which was a fantastic alternative - until it shut down a couple weeks ago. I did sign up for BBM Enterprise, but we can't seem to finalize adding each other as contacts...we both are stuck with messages saying "waiting for authorization," which happens whether I invite him or vice versa. I've even deleted the requests and tried to start over, but we can't get further than the "pending" stage. He is pretty inept at technology, and since I am not a regular user of Blackberry, can someone help me out please? Appreciate any help I can get, thanks in advance!
    The BBM version on his bold is probably pre BBMe compatible. You will need to update his BBM to a more modern version that is compatible cross platform.
    I know for a fact that version 8.5.3 version is compatible.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-19 09:16 AM