No, nobody else is going to have any trouble in April with messaging. This April issue with messaging is BBM specific and is solely because BB had a bad design where they used VoIP privileges for basic messaging. Nobody else did that because it is unreliable at best.

Again, I am not aware of any other messaging app on iOS that abused VoIP privileges in this way. Everybody else that I can think of or tested (WA, Slack, Teams, Kik, Messenger, Twitter, IG) all did this correctly, and have done so correctly for years.
    You might be right...we shall see...
    Strange to me is that this delivery problem was not here 2 weeks ago...
    And it doesn't happen on any iOS other than iOS13...
    But sure, I hope BBMe makes different code to solve this...
    02-02-20 03:41 PM
    They might have it come April....
    It seems you're not following - other apps won't have the problem.
    02-02-20 03:42 PM
    You might be right...we shall see...
    Strange to me is that this delivery problem was not here 2 weeks ago...
    And it doesn't happen on any iOS other than iOS13...
    But sure, I hope BBMe makes different code to solve this...
    There have always, always been delivery problems on BBM for iOS. Always. This was annoying since day 1. I tried to use it the first day it was available. It was terrible.

What they have done recently in the latest "fix" has made it even worse (!!). That's a sign they might have no idea what they are doing. But hopefully they will figure it out.

I'm quite sure that messaging on WA and IG and Messenger and Slack all work reliably today on iOS. They've worked reliably for years, and they will continue to work reliably in April and May and beyond. This is because they all use the design pattern I have described earlier in this thread. All professional, competent iOS developers are familiar with these common patterns.
    02-02-20 03:45 PM
    There have always, always been delivery problems on BBM for iOS. Always. This was annoying since day 1. I tried to use it the first day it was available. It was terrible.

What they have done recently in the latest "fix" has made it even worse (!!). That's a sign they might have no idea what they are doing. But hopefully they will figure it out.

I'm quite sure that messaging on WA and IG and Messenger and Slack all work reliably today on iOS. They've worked reliably for years, and they will continue to work reliably in April and May and beyond. This is because they all use the design pattern I have described earlier in this thread. All professional, competent iOS developers are familiar with these common patterns.
    Ok, I accept, you might be right.
    In that case, we who like BBMe have to wait untill they fix it, which is said to be soon...
    02-02-20 06:04 PM
    In that case, we who like BBMe have to wait untill they fix it, which is said to be soon...
    Do you understand now that over 2 weeks of critical failure means game over for any serious user (like business), right?
    02-02-20 06:10 PM
    Well we can agree on that. I do hope they figure it out.
    02-02-20 06:15 PM
    Do you understand now that over 2 weeks of critical failure means game over for any serious user (like business), right?
    I understand your point. It is severe problem...but BBMe is for some of us so much better than other IM's that we will wait it to be fixed and be very happy when they do it.
    I know none from my contact will gave up on BBMe becuse of this. In fact, today 1 more subscribed for it...
    02-02-20 06:16 PM
    Well we can agree on that. I do hope they figure it out.
    All info we have is that they are avare of severity of issue and are working to solve it... they said 'soon'...
    So I guess they'll do it really....
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-02-20 06:17 PM
    All info we have is that they are avare of severity of issue and are working to solve it... they said 'soon'...
    So I guess they'll do it really....
    Coming soon... the BlackBerry way.
    02-03-20 09:46 AM
    Coming soon... the BlackBerry way.
    Coming soon until it doesn’t... The BlackBerry Way TM
    02-03-20 10:22 AM
    A cursory glance through this thread and it reminded me of my iOS BBM consumer days - Pathetic as hell!

My GF had to Whatsapp/call me to check BBM’s, and she was on Android.

Sad to see a grounds up fresh code of BBMe for iOS is as bad as the hurriedly and quarter baked BBM consumer code launched back in 2014.

Till date on my free BBMe experience I don’t get messages until I login into the app or log back in no later than 2 minutes. FFS 🤦🏻*♂️. Who’s gonna pay 6 bucks for this once it goes paid except Psihokey - OP?

Anybody can scroll through the iOS BBM thread and see that I’ve opened like 3 threads in 3 years about iOS BBM being non existent.

And to think that BlackBerry acquired Good technology & didn’t utilise their iOS developers domain knowledge!

Wonder how good blackberry’s paid MDM is really.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-05-20 02:08 PM

Wonder how good blackberry’s paid MDM is really.
    It was kinda OK for Android, not the best but workable. Real issue was iOS support was very poor - number or security aspects that BES just couldn't handle.... if they had not bought Good Technology, they would have disappeared from the market. Because iOS was becoming the dominate platform of choice for enterprise.

But that's why I doubt there is much Enterprise interest in BBMe.... it's terrible on iOS and has been since it came out.
    02-05-20 02:43 PM

Sad to see a grounds up fresh code of BBMe for iOS is as bad as the hurriedly and quarter baked BBM consumer code launched back in 2014.
    Is it really fresh code? I think they may have re-used that code.

I taught a batch of early Good developers in iOS and ObjC. They were not great students, and Good's iOS work is not exactly world-class. I think there is a lot of hubris up there at BB still. It really gets in their way and has been a source of friction for BB (and RIM) in so many ways.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 02-05-20 at 04:15 PM.
    02-05-20 04:05 PM
    Although it's too little too late for serious users, BBMe has another update today. Did this fix the 3-week-old issue of iOS notifications?
    02-05-20 07:17 PM
    Although it's too little too late for serious users, BBMe has another update today. Did this fix the 3-week-old issue of iOS notifications?
    what version number are you seeing? I still see 1.10.2.24

PIN EF02AE75 if anyone wants to help me test.
    02-05-20 07:21 PM

On Android, it's 1.10.0.17. I only assumed that something updated for iOS at the same time.
    02-05-20 07:44 PM
    On Android, it's 1.10.0.17. I only assumed that something updated for iOS at the same time.
    Well since then we got another update a week ago on iOS. But I didn’t say anything new today. No change in notification behavior that I can see in the week ago version.

But again I don’t have many active contacts in BBMe. So anyone here is free to ping me so I can see if it’s behaving better.
    02-05-20 07:48 PM
    No, it is just for android, some Glympse issue fix and some for some of samsungs..
    Minor stuff...
    02-05-20 09:37 PM
    I’m glad to see BlackBerry focused on Android since everyone knows iOS users don’t spend anywhere near the money supporting the iOS ecosystem.

/S

Did I finally get that right?
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-05-20 09:51 PM
    Did I finally get that right?
    You da man!
    02-05-20 10:08 PM

BBMe iOS13 problems Final explanation:-img_4824.jpg

Yes same 1.10.2.24

Sent you an invite.
    02-07-20 11:52 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4824.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	447630

Yes same 1.10.2.24

Sent you an invite.
    Cool. We can try this out.
    02-07-20 12:00 PM
    iOS 13.3.1 BBMe is useless. They’ve done many UI changes in Menu overflows etc, but..

1)Notifications still show up only when we enter app

2)Chat mute function does nothing. Vibrations/sound tones still buzz when messages come in.

3)Chat takes time to open up and messages show up seconds later instead of immediate like WhatsApp or messenger etc.

4)Voice note audio quality/codec used is horrible. Sounds like I’ve stuffed a cloth in my mouth and spoken. Same for receiving side Voice note.

5)Pin invite system mostly broken as hand shakes barely seem to happen these days despite active users on the other side.
    02-14-20 08:56 PM
    My notifications were working for a while, about 60-70% of the time. Then they stopped entirely. I deleted and reinstalled and that worked except my most recent contacts were gone after that!

I wonder if they test this app much before release?
    02-14-20 09:11 PM
    So for the second time, BBMe notifications totally stopped working. I had to delete and reinstall the app again. And just like last time, when I did that all but one of my contacts was gone. I had to re-add them manually.

This app is horrible. They really, really need to rethink this if they plan to seriously support iOS.
    02-18-20 09:56 PM
86 1234