BBMe update is up!
    Looks like iOS13 issue is finally fixed!
    While in background, delivery is arriving correctly , and messages do load correctly on iOS.
    I am not sure if this iOS13 issue is also completely fixed if app is closed completely, got to do some testing....
    Attached Thumbnails BBMe iOS update is up. 1.11-1099.jpg  
    Last edited by PsihoKey2; 04-09-20 at 09:25 AM.
    04-09-20 01:50 AM
    Improvements doesn't mean fixed. Unfortunately, either way, it seems iOS users clearly moved on to other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    John Albert likes this.
    04-09-20 09:33 AM
    Good news to hear about the update! I am not using iOS. However improvements in the muting options are important to me since I participate in a lot of chats.
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-09-20 09:39 AM
    Improvements doesn't mean fixed. Unfortunately, either way, it seems iOS users clearly moved on to other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah damage has been done...

This fix is great for those that really love BBM for casual use. But in the end anyone depending on it as a means of daily communications, has moved on. And none of the other IM Apps ran into this same issue as "Igor" taught they would back in January when this latest issue with iOS started.

Have to see if App_Developer was right, and that now that they have changed things the way they should have been to begin with... maybe BBMe will be more reliable and use less energy. That would be really great.
    John Albert likes this.
    04-09-20 09:49 AM
    Good news to hear about the update! I am not using iOS. However improvements in the muting options are important to me since I participate in a lot of chats.
    So why stick with a platform that is constantly playing catch-up with features long available on others? I just don't get it.
    04-09-20 10:34 AM
    So why stick with a platform that is constantly playing catch-up with features long available on others? I just don't get it.
    Neither do I.....
    04-09-20 02:02 PM
    No other app has priority message (ping) and timed messages.
    You have no clue...
    04-09-20 02:36 PM
    You have no clue...
    Honestly, what good is timed messages?

What you want is self-destructing messages.

Big difference.

BBMe charges extra for the premium feature - so even BlackBerry agrees it's better.
    Last edited by conite; 04-09-20 at 03:13 PM.
    John Albert and rarsen like this.
    04-09-20 02:43 PM
    You have no clue...
    What good are features if no userbase relatively speaking? I'm using Telegram with the wife because BBMe for iOS was broken and she won't switch back since Telegram is free. How many other users left for similar reasons?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-20 05:23 PM
    This thread is about BBMe and the update. Why certain individuals have to try and derail every topic about BBMe and turn it into a topic about Telegram is still a mystery to me.
    elfabio80 and Grungni like this.
    04-09-20 05:56 PM
    I only have two active contacts left. So people need to talk to me at EF02AE75 to be able to test for battery impact.

But so far the notifications are working much better. Much better. Again, I can't see code, but from what I can tell they may be doing this the right way finally.
    Jake2826 and rarsen like this.
    04-09-20 06:02 PM
    This thread is about BBMe and the update. Why certain individuals have to try and derail every topic about BBMe and turn it into a topic about Telegram is still a mystery to me.
    No, it's about a critical, time-sensitive update that inconceivably and inexcusably took over 4 months to produce, which, as a result, caused many remaining iOS users to look elsewhere.
    John Albert and BBeast like this.
    04-09-20 06:34 PM
    No, it's about a critical, time-sensitive update that inconceivably and inexcusably took over 4 months to produce, which, as a result, caused many remaining iOS users to look elsewhere.
    I definitely agree to that.
    04-09-20 06:51 PM
    Yeah, this is of course way too late to make any real difference. For me it’s a personal curiosity now. It’s like rooting for the last guy on the team finally finishing the wind sprints. You kind of want to cheer.
    04-09-20 08:26 PM
    What good are features if no userbase relatively speaking? I'm using Telegram with the wife because BBMe for iOS was broken and she won't switch back since Telegram is free. How many other users left for similar reasons?

Posted via CB10
    Sad to hear that deciding factor was 5usd.
    04-09-20 11:16 PM
    With this issue or without it, BBMe is BY FAR safest and feature richest app out there!
    app that doesn't charge you with your sensitive private data (like Viber and Telegram, WhatsApp etc...).
    thanks Developers, glad to see that we proved wrong some of people who wished for BBMe's demise, which just won't happen.
    g
    Jake2826 likes this.
    04-09-20 11:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    It ok, some people do prefer to pay with their private data instead of paying 5usd, like your own case you mentioned.
    04-09-20 11:23 PM
    How do you know that 'remaining iOS users moved elsewhere'? You clearly stated for 1 year already that 'nobody' is using BBMe (despite numbers constantly rising), especially on iOS?
    04-09-20 11:26 PM
    I remember various people asking from you to claim where you do get info that you try to force here, and we do remember that you NEVER succesfully gave legitimate source of this claims.
    Same is for your current post.
    04-09-20 11:28 PM
    How do you know that 'remaining iOS users moved elsewhere'? You clearly stated for 1 year already that 'nobody' is using BBMe (despite numbers constantly rising), especially on iOS?
    I said "many remaining" , not "remaining".
    04-09-20 11:34 PM
    Sad to hear that deciding factor was 5usd.
    Maybe the deciding factor was that it was a terribly-coded app, and the fact that it was terrible finally caught up with it in a crippling way, and that it was not fixed for four months. That fact that it cost money on top of that was just extra insult.
    John Albert likes this.
    04-10-20 07:50 AM
    Maybe the deciding factor was that it was a terribly-coded app, and the fact that it was terrible finally caught up with it in a crippling way, and that it was not fixed for four months. That fact that it cost money on top of that was just extra insult.
    No, he clearly wrote 'she didn't want to pay 5usd'.
    You are wrong (again).
    04-10-20 08:04 AM
    No, he clearly wrote 'she didn't want to pay 5usd'.
    You are wrong (again).
    And if she felt the app were truly worth $5, don't you think she would have paid? Clearly, BBMe isn't worth anything at all.
    John Albert likes this.
    04-10-20 08:07 AM
    And if she felt the app were truly worth $5, don't you think she would have paid? Clearly, BBMe isn't worth anything at all.
    Thats your view.
    Clearly million+ users think differently
    04-10-20 08:09 AM
    BBMe (despite numbers constantly rising)
    <citation needed>

I find it hard to believe there are more overall BBM customers today than a year ago. And once the free period is up, I suspect there will be few outside the western world willing to pay for it. It's sad but that's the reality.

Could BBM have been great... yes, but it never was BlackBerry real focus (maybe it should have been).

As for security.... many security professionals out there recommend different IMs these days. BlackBerry's BBMe isn't even considered anymore. Mostly because they aren't open to audits like everyone else is... so you don't really know if their marketing is true or not. Plus... it's just not on the radar anymore. And at this point Signal offers a much better solution... for free.

https://nordvpn.com/blog/most-secure-messaging-app/
    https://heimdalsecurity.com/blog/the...essaging-apps/
    https://www.avg.com/en/signal/secure-message-apps
    https://thedroidguy.com/5-most-secur...n-2019-1091027
    04-10-20 08:49 AM
51 123