Since latest iOS13.4 update, BBMe issue is half-fixed.
    Explanation:
    IF iOS13.4 user has BBMe open in background (minimised) delivery reports DO arrive to sender, and latency for loading messages (upon entering BBMe via icon or via notification) for iOS13.4 user is fixed! So, in this case it works correctly.
    But If iOS13.4 has BBMe NOT in background (completely closed) delivery reports from iOS13.4 user are NOT arriving to sender, (like last 2 months), and latency issue when loading messages is still present.
    So we can say that iOS13.4 fixed HALF of BBMe 'issue' .
    P.s. Please take my claim with reserve, we tested a bit, so in some cases it works fine while in background (on iOS)...and then a bit later...it doesn't again....

Now is time for BBMe team to fix other half to have this app work perfectly again. I hope this info makes some of you happy.
    Last edited by PsihoKey2; 03-27-20 at 01:45 PM.
    Vitno likes this.
    03-27-20 01:28 PM
    This sounds like a very fragile solution. In iOS, the user doesn't really control which apps are running in the background. You can minimize the app, but the OS can and does close it due to memory pressure. It's the responsibility of the app developer to handle this gracefully and handle both cases together in one solution.

I'll play with it though.
    03-27-20 01:39 PM
    This sounds like a very fragile solution. In iOS, the user doesn't really control which apps are running in the background. You can minimize the app, but the OS can and does close it due to memory pressure. It's the responsibility of the app developer to handle this gracefully and handle both cases together in one solution.

I'll play with it though.
    I completely agree with you.
    Now its BBMe's developers responsibility to fix it for real.
    03-27-20 01:44 PM
    So, not fixed at all.

Don't really need to worry though, there's no one left using it anyway. Had BlackBerry thought otherwise, it would have been fixed a while ago. Either that, or they are completely incompetent.
    John Albert likes this.
    03-27-20 01:59 PM
    I’m still running 13.3.1 until I have WiFi access setup in our new place hopefully tomorrow.

I seem to notice part of this fix possibly in 13.3.1 as well but I’m not sure.
    03-27-20 02:02 PM
    Explanation:
    IF iOS13.4 user has BBMe open in background (minimised) delivery reports DO arrive to sender, and latency for loading messages (upon entering BBMe via icon or via notification) for iOS13.4 user is fixed! So, in this case it works correctly.
    But If iOS13.4 has BBMe NOT in background (completely closed) delivery reports from iOS13.4 user are NOT arriving to sender, (like last 2 months), and latency issue when loading messages is still present.
    P.s. Please take my claim with reserve, we tested a bit, so in some cases it works fine while in background (on iOS)...and then a bit later...it doesn't again....

Now is time for BBMe team to fix other half to have this app work perfectly again. I hope this info makes some of you happy.

Texting had been fine in the past for all of us, but with the need to keep in touch while staying distant... required more than average texting. And meanwhile WhatsApp is working just fine, and I'm in a number of groups that have been setup due to COVID-19.

I really don't see how you think "this" is going to make anyone happy. Heck even once they have a whole fix... the damage has been done.
    03-27-20 02:12 PM
    Explanation:

Thanks for the update.
    03-27-20 02:31 PM
    Texting had been fine in the past for all of us, but with the need to keep in touch while staying distant... required more than average texting. And meanwhile WhatsApp is working just fine, and I'm in a number of groups that have been setup due to COVID-19.

I really don't see how you think "this" is going to make anyone happy. Heck even once they have a whole fix... the damage has been done.
    That's why I wrote 'someone'. It does make happy some of us, indeed.
    And it will be completely fixed, which will make us completely happy.
    03-27-20 03:10 PM
    So, not fixed at all.

Don't really need to worry though, there's no one left using it anyway. Had BlackBerry thought otherwise, it would have been fixed a while ago. Either that, or they are completely incompetent.
    In your world, anything is possible ))
    03-27-20 03:11 PM
    So, not fixed at all.

Cue the CB user who says they have 60 BBMe contacts....
    03-27-20 03:17 PM
    That's why I wrote 'someone'. It does make happy some of us, indeed.
    And it will be completely fixed, which will make us completely happy.
    Well glad you are happy....

Have to wonder if AtHoc is the new Enterprise BBM.... But then their iOS isn't doing too great either.
    03-27-20 03:25 PM
    Well glad you are happy....

Have to wonder if AtHoc is the new Enterprise BBM.... But then their iOS isn't doing too great either.
    Thanks!
    03-27-20 03:51 PM
    So, not fixed at all.

Look! I even have Conite as a contact!
    This people are not no one
    ))
    Attached Thumbnails BBMe iOS issue Half-fixed!-446353.jpg  
    03-27-20 03:51 PM
    So it's taken them 3 months to only partially fix this completely crippling issue. This does not instill confidence in the future of this app.
    03-27-20 05:50 PM
    So it's taken them 3 months to only partially fix this completely crippling issue. This does not instill confidence in the future of this app.
    Again, I really don't think they know iOS. Every bit of the history of this app points to that.

OR the BBMe backend infrastructure doesn't have the capacity (people) to make the changes that are needed to make a proper iOS or Android experience
    03-27-20 06:01 PM
    So since it’s half fixed, will it cost 1/2 the price of a Starbucks coffee? Lmao. Report back when it’s COMPLETELY fixed. Dafuqq??
    John Albert likes this.
    03-27-20 08:56 PM
    So I went to try this, but the last update in the US App Store is from a month ago.

What is the version number of this new “half fix”?
    03-27-20 10:46 PM
    So I went to try this, but the last update in the US App Store is from a month ago.

What is the version number of this new “half fix”?
    Can confirm. We're back to "Not at all fixed."
    03-28-20 07:40 AM
    Can confirm. We're back to "Not at all fixed."
    Oh, I guess the OP was trying to say that Apple’s upcoming 13.4 half-fixes this. I just tried that and it doesn’t.

Again, I wish someone on the BBM team would be more transparent about what exactly they are doing to solve this. They are either going to play by the rules on iOS (which saves battery) or not. Their excuse that they can’t because of security is nonsense as far as I can tell. I wish they would explain more at more technical depth.

But maybe it doesn’t matter now with so few users.
    03-28-20 04:04 PM
    03-29-20 11:03 AM
    I have 13.4 and it’s the same. Minimising and receiving a BBM within 10 seconds shows a notification.

Anything more than that , then it’s like a fully closed/out of open apps S ituation.

Wonder why the iOS developer is even trying to repair this app?

Even plain old email is better than this iOS BBM app me thinks.
    03-29-20 12:43 PM
    I’m still running 13.3.1 until I have WiFi access setup in our new place hopefully tomorrow.

I seem to notice part of this fix possibly in 13.3.1 as well but I’m not sure.
    Nope to any fix. I’ve updated to iOS 13.4 and there’s no improvement or change that I can find. There’s no BBMe for iOS update either.
    03-29-20 12:52 PM
    What was the point of starting this thread if there was no update to BBMe?
    03-29-20 08:22 PM
    I would suggest mods close thread since it’s factual misinformation.

There’s been no 1/2 fixing or modification of anything. Can something be done @pkcable
    03-30-20 08:37 AM
    Have the same issue on my iPhone 11 Pro, and it is still not fixed...
    03-30-20 10:19 AM
31 12