Does BBMe have any competitive advantages over the competition? Security? Unique features or user experience? Is there a comparison chart anywhere? Which demographic can maximally benefit from BBMe for individual use? Etc.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-19 05:11 PM
    Does BBMe have any competitive advantages over the competition? Security? Unique features or user experience? Is there a comparison chart anywhere? Which demographic can maximally benefit from BBMe for individual use? Etc.

Posted via CB10
    Various threads on CB that cover this

/general-blackberry-discussion-f2/end-bbm-1169019/
    04-19-19 05:23 PM
    04-19-19 05:28 PM
    Neither the cited thread nor the linked site - both seen previously by this writer - focuses upon addressing the above questions. I'm interested in a focused, critical discussion of the matter, not tangential remarks made in other contexts. Thank you.
    04-19-19 05:36 PM
    It's the same thing as on BB10 device but without enhanced group features such as calendar, task and everything else that made BBM stand out from the crowd. Good luck getting people on board that are willing to pay for something they can get for free like WA, Telegram, Viber etc
    BBHermes likes this.
    04-19-19 07:05 PM
    It's the same thing as on BB10 device but without enhanced group features such as calendar, task and everything else that made BBM stand out from the crowd. Good luck getting people on board that are willing to pay for something they can get for free like WA, Telegram, Viber etc
    That is NOT all that clear. As no the same as BB10 device. For starters you can add up 5 devices the sync perfectly with 1 Pin. Can't do this on whatsapp for example.
    But yes go thru the threads and read if you want to.
    BBHermes likes this.
    04-19-19 07:09 PM
    That is NOT all that clear. As no the same as BB10 device. For starters you can add up 5 devices the sync perfectly with 1 Pin. Can't do this on whatsapp for example.
    @Rico4you @vladi
    Many thanks, this is a good start.
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-19-19 07:23 PM
    Does BBMe have any competitive advantages over the competition?
    Nope.
    04-19-19 09:31 PM
    04-19-19 10:07 PM
    BBMe has a set of features that can't all be found with any other service, though many services offer some of them.

Privacy: no need to share phone numbers to connect

Secure chat with external users; cross organizational contact lookup with trusted partners

Confirmation when messages are sent, received and read.

Synchronization across all devices with the same account

Group Chats, voice, video and file sharing

Edit, retract, set expiration times on individual messages

I use and like Signal, Slack, MS Teams and Google Hangouts Chat. None of them offer identical features.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    From another thread.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-19 03:34 PM
    From another thread.

Posted via CB10
    Telegram has many more features than this, and the only "missing" one is having to sign in with a phone number. This can be mitigated by using a dummy Google voice number. Privacy settings can be adjusted so no one else can see your phone number.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-20-19 04:30 PM
    I just installed BBM Enterprise for Windows. It is working fine and should not be compared with the Emtek BBM Desktop. Awsome!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-19 04:33 PM
    So after using BBMe for 2 days now, I have to admit, it is PHENOMENAL! there is NO other msngr app that can match BBMe.
    Many features that cannot be found anywhere else, like Timedmessage, PING(this time custom Ping), read and delivery for groups, easily find contacts PIN, easily switch between contacts and groups (on Viber for example, there is no group buttom, you have to search within chats to find group, or go to options/contacts....), there are no adds like on viber, it is super safe... etc... on top of this, stability, speed, design...
    I am very satisfied and will be using this with all my friends and family.
    5usd per year is acceptable.
    I strongly recomment this app.
    Montmartre and anon(10218918) like this.
    04-20-19 05:44 PM
    Phone calls via BBme between Motorola G7 power and Q10 had on my case amazing quality. I am currently out of Europe, while my counterpart was in Europe. WA phone call quality has been always terrible.
    04-21-19 07:23 AM
    So after using BBMe for 2 days now, I have to admit, it is PHENOMENAL! there is NO other msngr app that can match BBMe.
    Many features that cannot be found anywhere else, like Timedmessage, PING(this time custom Ping), read and delivery for groups, easily find contacts PIN, easily switch between contacts and groups (on Viber for example, there is no group buttom, you have to search within chats to find group, or go to options/contacts....), there are no adds like on viber, it is super safe... etc... on top of this, stability, speed, design...
    I am very satisfied and will be using this with all my friends and family.
    5usd per year is acceptable.
    I strongly recomment this app.
    I agree with you.
    I would like to share the BBMe experience with you. EF007BFE
    04-21-19 02:54 PM
    Yes, video calls are Great quality
    04-21-19 02:57 PM
    Sure, I invited you now
    04-21-19 02:58 PM
    I am glad the EMTEK junk is gone. I am now using BBMe with the wife. It works for us. When only WIFI is available, we can still message each other. Me on Key 2 LE, her on a Motorola Android. Ten bucks a year starting next year won't kill us. I for one am thankful that BB threw us a bone by making BBMe available. I did not need a new BBID, my wife did not either.
    drobbie and anon(10218918) like this.
    04-21-19 08:57 PM
    From the Brits in Kenya article - thanks to @CrackPriv for posting:
    https://www.britsinkenya.com/2019/04...n-looking-for/

=======
    Delivery and Read receipts. In a group a white ‘D’ shows the message has been delivered for some participants and it turns blue once delivered to all. A white ‘R’ shows the message has been read by some members of the group and once it turns green, it has been read by all. In the chats tab, you can see the status of your message without having to open up the discussion.

You can retract, edit, forward, and quote messages.

Chats can be muted or hidden.

Timed messages can be sent which automatically delete once the time limit is reached.

Taking screenshots of chats is blocked.

Contacts are added via a PIN meaning no personal information needs to be disclosed to other users.

Chats can be pinned to the top of the message list.

Participants in a group chat can be @mentioned and these will show up as yellow on the recipients device making them stand out.

Contact cards can be sent to other BBMe users.

The app’s interface is clean and simple with contacts, groups, chat and activity buttons.

BBMe is reliable and uses secure and advanced encryption which does not require a phone number to register. Nor does it upload your address book to suggest other users to connect with.

Customizable pings (message alerts) can be sent to individual and group discussions.

There are no adverts and data from users is not collected to be sent on or used for targeting adverts.

BBMe can be used on 5 devices simultaneously.

Options to share are easy to use and functional.

The dropdown quick message preview allows you to reply outside of the app.

The app also allows users to call each other using high quality voice and video.

Only participants that are administrators of a group chat can edit the subject.
    =======
    skilas likes this.
    04-25-19 02:41 PM
    The article does not mention the option to set a passcode for BBMe application on Android or iOS which will lock the application after the specified inactivity time.
    BBHermes likes this.
    04-25-19 09:04 PM