I think I know the answer to this but has anyone tried to install BBMe Desktop on a W10 Phone? I know there used to be a work-around for the mobile app but Microsoft closed the door on this a couple of years ago, does anyone think it's possible to install the PC desktop version on a phone?

I just pulled my W10 Idol 4s out of retirement, temporarily, and I'm loving it! All I need is a working version of BBMe to put the icing on the cake.
    09-25-19 07:44 PM
    I think I know the answer to this but has anyone tried to install BBMe Desktop on a W10 Phone? I know there used to be a work-around for the mobile app but Microsoft closed the door on this a couple of years ago, does anyone think it's possible to install the PC desktop version on a phone?

I just pulled my W10 Idol 4s out of retirement, temporarily, and I'm loving it! All I need is a working version of BBMe to put the icing on the cake.
    Desktop browser setting?
    09-25-19 07:48 PM

Quickest way to find out is probably to try...

Posted via CB10
    09-25-19 07:52 PM
    If you get it working, let me know! I'd be interested in getting this working.

Honestly Windows 10 phones sucked, even as of last year. But then Microsoft kept fixing things and now I like it so much I actually bought another one.

I still like BB10 more, but my Lumia 950/650 are way more pleasant to use than my iPhone or any of my droids

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-01-19 07:41 PM
    Sorry for not getting back sooner, been a bit of a hectic week or so on a personal front.

I know that .exe files won't run on ARM devices, so I'm going to attempt to convert the desktop software to ARM compatible via Visual Studio. I tried this on the mobile BBM app a couple of years ago but Microsoft had somehow blocked that app from being converted, I'm hoping they've left this one alone.

It's going to take me a while to get to this but I'll keep you updated as I go along
    10-02-19 08:00 AM