My main BBID for my BlackBerry devices was used for Android BBM quite a while ago. With this, I can no longer use BBM on BB10. This likely also caused all my BlackBerry World purchases to disappear. But that's another topic for another day.

I do not own a BB10 device but am considering grabbing one at a cheap cost off Kijiji. If I used the same BBID on this BB10 device, would I be able to use my BBMe account? I read that you do not even need a new BBM app with BB10?

Ideas and suggestions welcome.
    07-17-19 12:38 PM
    My main BBID for my BlackBerry devices was used for Android BBM quite a while ago. With this, I can no longer use BBM on BB10. This likely also caused all my BlackBerry World purchases to disappear. But that's another topic for another day.

I do not own a BB10 device but am considering grabbing one at a cheap cost off Kijiji. If I used the same BBID on this BB10 device, would I be able to use my BBMe account? I read that you do not even need a new BBM app with BB10?

Ideas and suggestions welcome.
    Nothing has changed with BBM on BB10. As before, you can communicate with BBMe users on other platforms (with limitations).

You will need a new BBID though if you previously used it on Android or iOS.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    07-17-19 01:21 PM
    You will need a new BBID though if you previously used it on Android or iOS.
    So, a funny story this morning. I now own a Q10, Z30 and Classic. Got good deals on each. Going to play with each and see which I like best. Today is Classic day. Had the device wiped and used my tainted BBID to see what will happen.

The BBID worked for the device, as expected. BlackBerry World works, except all my purchased apps are gone. Tried BBM and I get the typical error. Went to BlackBerry World and updated BBM. Tried to log in to BBM, and it works now.

My BBID is tied to BBMe now. And with the latest BBM, it works. That is so sweet.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-19 08:09 AM
    My BBID was successful in setting up BBM on my Passport coming from a K2 Droidberry. No issues at all.

Posted with my Passport
    08-27-19 04:01 PM
    Explain this... does this mean that BBM on your classic is now synced and simultanous with BBM on your android?
    08-29-19 01:23 AM
    what happened to the BBM on your K2 when you did this?
    08-29-19 01:23 AM