it has Dark Theme also!
    04-24-19 01:41 AM
    Back to my original point! If we can’t migrate our information over and have to start from scratch with new ID, what’s the point?

That’s the feedback I get from all the folks in my existing groups! They don’t want to have to rebuilt everything from scratch. I enjoyed BBM while it lasted and just have to move on.

WhatsApp seems to be the way to go, it’s used internationally and I was surprised on how many people use it worldwide.
    What's the point? BBMe brings the "Classic BB” feel back. BB groups on Whatsapp, Heresy I say.
    BBeast and Wmsi like this.
    04-24-19 05:44 PM
    What's the point? BBMe brings the "Classic BB” feel back. BB groups on Whatsapp, Heresy I say.
    As I have said in many of my post, I am not questioning how well the new BBMe works and all it’s great features. My original complaint is that you can not merge your existing groups you already have from the consumer version into BBMe.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-24-19 06:11 PM
    As I have said in many of my post, I am not questioning how well the new BBMe works and all it’s great features. My original complaint is that you can not merge your existing groups you already have from the consumer version into BBMe.
    Your point is noted. You chose to migrate to Whatsapp. Good luck with that. BBMe groups are now being formed by BlackBerry diehards. My point is that these groups forming on BBMe have the classic Blackberry look and feel. Worth the extra effort. P.S. I did not need a new BBID for BBMe. I am on Android with a Key2LE.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    04-24-19 06:30 PM
    P.S. I did not need a new BBID for BBMe. I am on Android with a Key2LE.
    Coming from BB10?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-19 06:36 PM
    my last BB10 device was a Classic that I last used in 2017. iPhone in 2018 and now back to BlackBerry with the Key2LE. I did have a BBM protected subscription with my Classic so I think that is why I didn't need a new BBID.
    04-24-19 06:52 PM
    After several days of playing with BBMe I realised that it is BY FAR the best messaging app there is. No other app can compare to BBMe.... Here are some of the features that BBMe has:

-Pin chats to top
    -@mentions of participants in group
    -Delivery and Read receipts in group, white D for delivered to some, Blue D for delivered to All. White R to read by some, Green R for delivered to ALL (in group)
    -Hide Chat
    -Mute chat(and choose how long)
    -Retract
    -Edit
    -forward
    -set group chat to Priority notifications (all messages are with priority sound+vibrate)
    -timed message (very nice feature)
    -easy Contact send
    -Beautiful simple design
    -contacts/groups/chat/activity buttons
    -reliability
    -secure advanced encription
    -no screenshots of chats allowed
    -in chats tab, for groups you can see Read/delivered icon and its colour without entering group
    -customizable ping
    -group ping (also customizable)
    -no adds
    -chose font size for chats
    -easy and functional share options
    -super fast and stable!
    -less battery and memory use!
    -dropdown quick msg Preview and reply outside app
    -Great Video and voice call quality!!

If I have to give mark to similar apps, if BBM is 8/10, BBMe is 10/10, simply Phenomenal app!!!
    Garbage like WhatsApp and Viber with adds, lack of Ping, timed messages, contacts and groups Tab, apps that share your info, phone number etc... I will not even mark....

So, my Strongest recommendation , if you want Best app for messages etc, BBMe is Number1!!!
    Price of 5usd (after 1 year free) is VERY low and cheap!!!
    Enjoy!!!
    You also can set a password based lock for the app on Android or iOS.
    04-24-19 10:49 PM

WhatsApp seems to be the way to go, it’s used internationally and I was surprised on how many people use it worldwide.
    WhatsApp is owned by Facebook. While the content of the messages may be secure, who you contact, when, and from where will all be tracked.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    04-24-19 10:56 PM
    Exactly!
    You simply cannot compare viber and whatsapp to BBMe
    BBMe is light year ahead of these 2....
    In every single way!!!!
    anon(10218918) and Jake2826 like this.
    04-25-19 12:37 AM
    WhatsApp is owned by Facebook. While the content of the messages may be secure, who you contact, when, and from where will all be tracked.
    As I have said a thousand times on these forums, anytime your on the grid, your vulnerable and I am not worried about security, the messages have end to end encryption and I have been on Facebook since it started and haven’t had any issues, not worried and the folks in my groups are happy with the move and that’s the important thing.
    04-25-19 05:36 AM
    No screenshot of any char whatsoever?
    04-25-19 08:09 AM
    No screenshots of chats if you're on Android.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-19 08:22 AM
    Can BBMe run on Windows devices or through a browser?
    04-25-19 09:11 AM
    Can BBMe run on Windows devices or through a browser?
    BBMe can run on Windows desktops. It is not officially supported on tablets although it will run in compatibility mode.

For the win phones, the answer is unfortunately no.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    04-25-19 09:28 AM
    None on Android.
    iOS will allow but the remote recipient will be notified. (iOS OS doesn't allow full blockage unfortunately)
    04-25-19 09:29 AM
    iOS update is live.
    elfabio80 and Rico4you like this.
    04-25-19 12:19 PM
    iOS update is live.
    Further commitment from BlackBerry. Pushing along with BBMe
    04-25-19 11:26 PM
    Further commitment from BlackBerry. Pushing along with BBMe
    Yes! Seems like this will be begining of new BBM era!!
    I certainly would like it!
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-26-19 09:11 PM
    Please note, that BBMe also supports screen-sharing of Desktop content between Desktops and between Desktop and / to Mobile. One can either initiate screen-sharing directly or during a video call. During screen-sharing one can still see the remote party video, in other words it is a full duplex technology.
    Your can screen share the entire screen or selective apps.
    Rico4you and dusdal like this.
    04-28-19 02:33 PM
    Please note, that BBMe also supports screen-sharing of Desktop content between Desktops and between Desktop and / to Mobile. One can either initiate screen-sharing directly or during a video call. During screen-sharing one can still see the remote party video, in other words it is a full duplex technology.
    Thank you very much for this!
    04-28-19 03:21 PM
    Good to know! Where exactly is the option to activate screen sharing?
    04-28-19 05:01 PM
    Good to know! Where exactly is the option to activate screen sharing?
    When in a chat with a BBMe user from your BBMe desktop, there are 3 icons at the top right : screen share, video, voice. Click screenshare to initiate a screensharing call.

If already in a BBMe call with a BBMe user, click the screenshare icon at the bottom controls row.

Screenshare is supported on macOS and Windows (send and receive), iOS and Android (receive).
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-28-19 05:05 PM
    When in a chat with a BBMe user from your BBMe desktop, there are 3 icons at the top right : screen share, video, voice. Click screenshare to initiate a screensharing call.

If already in a BBMe call with a BBMe user, click the screenshare icon at the bottom controls row.

Screenshare is supported on macOS and Windows (send and receive), iOS and Android (receive).
    Thank you for this!
    BBMe rocks!
    04-28-19 05:32 PM
48 12