After several days of playing with BBMe I realised that it is BY FAR the best messaging app there is. No other app can compare to BBMe.... Here are some of the features that BBMe has:

-Pin chats to top
    -@mentions of participants in group
    -Delivery and Read receipts in group, white D for delivered to some, Blue D for delivered to All. White R to read by some, Green R for delivered to ALL (in group)
    -Hide Chat
    -Set Passlock code for BBMe app
    -Mute chat(and choose how long)
    -Retract
    -Edit
    -forward
    -easy search within chat
    -set group chat to Priority notifications (all messages are with priority sound+vibrate)
    -timed message (very nice feature)
    -easy Contact send
    -Beautiful simple design
    -contacts/groups/chat/activity buttons
    -reliability
    -secure advanced encription
    -no screenshots of chats allowed
    -in chats tab, for groups you can see Read/delivered icon and its colour without entering group
    -customizable ping
    -group ping (also customizable)
    -no adds
    -directly cut video lenght upon sharing inside app
    -easily swipe between posted pictures in groups
    -Dark Theme Option!
    -chose font size for chats
    -easy and functional share options
    -super fast and stable!
    -less battery and memory use!
    -dropdown quick msg Preview and reply outside app
    -Unchanged media quality when posting!
    -Great Video and voice call quality!!
    -Login with BBID, no need to share your phone number to everyone to Login
    If I have to give mark to similar apps, if BBM is 8/10, BBMe is 10/10, simply Phenomenal app!!!
    Garbage like WhatsApp and Viber with adds, lack of Ping, timed messages, contacts and groups Tab, apps that share your info, phone number etc... I will not even mark....

So, my Strongest recommendation , if you want Best app for messages etc, BBMe is Number1!!!
    Price of 5usd (after 1 year free) is VERY low and cheap!!!
    Enjoy!!!
    Last edited by RakacKey2; 05-01-19 at 11:21 AM.
    04-23-19 04:11 AM
    Thanks for the update, but the major issue is that when we the IOS and Android consumer switch to BBMe, will all our contacts and groups be exported over?

No one wants to start over rebuilding our groups and our contact list. And after a year, the service is no longer free and this is also a concern.

These are all great questions that a lot of folks in my groups have been asking me, so we have made the switch to WhatsApp which is widely used by folks overseas which we have a lot of in our current groups.

I would have thought that BBMe would have a migration feature to help the consumer users make the transition, but from what I gather so far, thats not the case?
    04-23-19 05:26 AM
    After several days of playing with BBMe I realised that it is BY FAR the best messaging app there is. No other app can compare to BBMe.... Here are some of the features that BBMe has:

-Pin chats to top
    -Delivery and Read receipts in group, white D for delivered to some, Blue D for delivered to All. White R to read by some, Green R for delivered to ALL (in group)
    -Hide Chat
    -Mute chat
    -Retract
    -Edit
    -forward
    -easy Contact send
    -Beautiful simple design
    -reliability
    -in chats tab, for groups you can see Read/delivered icon and its colour without entering group
    -customizable ping
    -no adds
    -super fast and stable!

If I have to give mark to similar apps, if BBM is 8/10, BBMe is 10/10, simply Phenomenal app!!!
    Garbage like WhatsApp and Viber with adds, lack of Ping, timed messages, contacts and groups Tab, apps that share your info, phone number etc... I will not even mark....

So, my Strongest recommendation , if you want Best app for messages etc, BBMe is Number1!!!
    Enjoy!!!
    Agreed BBMe has a great BB10 feel to it as well for this Key2LE user. Whatsapp, Signal, etc can never do that. I joined my first BBMe group and it it awesome.
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-23-19 05:45 AM
    If you are using BB10 you can take a screenshot, but it'll send the other person a notification.

Posted via CB10
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-23-19 05:57 AM
    Thanks for the update, but the major issue is that when we the IOS and Android consumer switch to BBMe, will all our contacts and groups be exported over?

No one wants to start over rebuilding our groups and our contact list. And after a year, the service is no longer free and this is also a concern.

These are all great questions that a lot of folks in my groups have been asking me, so we have made the switch to WhatsApp which is widely used by folks overseas which we have a lot of in our current groups.

I would have thought that BBMe would have a migration feature to help the consumer users make the transition, but from what I gather so far, thats not the case?
    I think 5usd is VERY low price for quality that BBMe offers. VERY LOW.
    Speaking of contacts, It is very easy to invite them to new BBMe group and contact list, just a little effort and thats it!
    04-23-19 06:18 AM

I don't think BlackBerry intended for a lot of current BBM users to make the switch to BBMe. I think it was their attempt to make their loyal /hardcore users have some sort of option or soft landing.
    04-23-19 06:56 AM
    Can you see which participants have read the message?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-19 07:18 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry intended for a lot of current BBM users to make the switch to BBMe. I think it was their attempt to make their loyal /hardcore users have some sort of option or soft landing.
    BBMe ain't going away anytime soon. Too many corporate and Gov't users.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    04-23-19 07:26 AM
    I think 5usd is VERY low price for quality that BBMe offers. VERY LOW.
    Speaking of contacts, It is very easy to invite them to new BBMe group and contact list, just a little effort and thats it!
    How about your groups in the consumer version? Can you migrate your groups over? This is a major issue as no one wants to rebuild their groups from scratch.
    04-23-19 07:35 AM
    Good point, but I would have thought they would have at least made it where you could migrate your account over to BBMe for us long time users.
    04-23-19 07:37 AM
    How about your groups in the consumer version? Can you migrate your groups over? This is a major issue as no one wants to rebuild their groups from scratch.
    How would that work? Everyone gets a new pin so unless I'm missing something, it would be almost useless.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-19 07:40 AM

-Pin chats to top
    -Hide Chat
    -Mute chat
    -Retract
    -Edit
    -forward
    -easy Contact send
    -Beautiful simple design
    -reliability
    -customizable ping
    -no adds
    -super fast and stable!

Enjoy!!!
    Fully agree. Having 4 devices including my windows laptop fully synchronized at @Bla1ze speed is just fantastic! Goodbye EMTEK BBM and Home Sweet Home BlackBerry BBMe! Oh by the way no phone number sharing here..just my PIN! this is it!
    anon(10218918) and BBeast like this.
    04-23-19 07:47 AM

-Pin chats to top
    -Hide Chat
    -Mute chat
    -Retract
    -Edit
    -forward
    -easy Contact send
    -Beautiful simple design
    -reliability
    -customizable ping
    -no adds
    -super fast and stable!

Enjoy!!!
    Thank for this! -If you would like to be added to the "BBMe for individuals supporters group" on BBMe contact EF007BFE
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-23-19 07:49 AM
    How would that work? Everyone gets a new pin so unless I'm missing something, it would be almost useless.

Posted via CB10
    Back to my original point! If we can’t migrate our information over and have to start from scratch with new ID, what’s the point?

That’s the feedback I get from all the folks in my existing groups! They don’t want to have to rebuilt everything from scratch. I enjoyed BBM while it lasted and just have to move on.

WhatsApp seems to be the way to go, it’s used internationally and I was surprised on how many people use it worldwide.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    04-23-19 07:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ofcourse!!! Both delivered and read, for every single group participant.
    Ben xfg likes this.
    04-23-19 08:01 AM
    I don"t think so. But again, as I said, it is VERY easy to rebuild once your friends install BBMe, I did it already with 30 of my friends, and 5 groups. Piece of cake!!!
    Trust me, it is worth the effort.
    04-23-19 08:02 AM
    Back to my original point! If we can’t migrate our information over and have to start from scratch with new ID, what’s the point?
    Exactly. This would certainly be nice. But it's actually not all that hard to re-add all your contacts back, just post your pin on the consumer version and let the others invite you, then you also invite everyone that has posted their pin. Easy peasy!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-19 08:02 AM

That’s the feedback I get from all the folks in my existing groups! They don’t want to have to rebuilt everything from scratch. I enjoyed BBM while it lasted and just have to move on.

WhatsApp seems to be the way to go, it’s used internationally and I was surprised on how many people use it worldwide.
    What's app is option for you if you want to miss out on MANY EPIC BBMe features, security, speed and quality...

I don't see the problem of creating new PIN or using old BBID (if you had it on OS10) and just invite new friends with new PINs
    Its so easy!
    04-23-19 08:04 AM
    Thanks, I just send an Invite to PIN you posted.
    04-23-19 08:05 AM
    Thank for this! -If you would like to be added to the "BBMe for individuals supporters group" on BBMe contact EF007BFE
    Ok, I sent you an invite. Thanks
    04-23-19 08:07 AM
    I've been playing around with BBMe (only one contact so far!!!) and really like what I see so far. However I have the same challenges that bakron has with all of consumer BBM contacts being iPhone users who are already deep WhatsApp adopters and only kept BBM to IM with me.

I'll only be using BBMe to engage with the CB community so if there are any cool groups to join, I'm game!
    04-23-19 08:10 AM
    Good point, but I would have thought they would have at least made it where you could migrate your account over to BBMe for us long time users.
    I'm sure they ran a cost benefit analysis and determined the cost of migrating data from one server to another was just not worth it relative to the new revenue from the small fraction of BBM users willing to pay for BBMe.
    04-23-19 09:05 AM
    I'm sure they ran a cost benefit analysis and determined the cost of migrating data from one server to another was just not worth it relative to the new revenue from the small fraction of BBM users willing to pay for BBMe.

I expect the PR/Marking department had more to do with this than the bean counters...

Bean counter will be in control next year. $2.49 for basic messenger, add on for voice, add on for video.
    04-23-19 09:27 AM
    You have to rebuild regardless of which app you move to.
    XxWile_E_CoyotexX likes this.
    04-23-19 10:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can. Long press in a message to see the menu and the choose delivery info option.
    04-23-19 09:31 PM
48 12