I have heard rumors this is coming but does anyone know when. My entire hockey team (group) switched over to BBM yesterday and it is going great. We use it as our main communication tool. I want to do the same for our soccer team but we have 2 people on Windows phones. Due to this we have had to stick with Whatsapp. Does anyone else have groups with the same problem. We need BBM for Windows phone ASAP.

Posted via my awesome Q10
    11-02-13 03:16 PM
    I don't believe anything is officially announced, although I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

You can bet that there will be blog articles on the CB front page when there's any news, it even decent rumours.
    11-02-13 04:08 PM
    Microsoft gave us Skype, it's only fair they get BBM imho
    11-02-13 04:11 PM
    I hope BBM for Windows Phone will be available soon. BlackBerry (BBM) needs to reach all smartphone users.
    11-08-13 02:08 PM
    I hope BBM for Windows Phone will be available soon. BlackBerry (BBM) needs to reach all smartphone users.
    I'm sure they are working on it, but they only have 2 people left to work on BBM and empty the trash cans, clean the windows and mop the floors. Multitasking.
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 07:44 PM
    Same here. A group of ~15 friends, we have to continue using Whatsapp because of one guy (!) who has a Windows phone. BBM on WP8 needed urgently.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 08:21 PM
    No. Microsoft gave us android converted skype app. BlackBerry should give them an android converted app and see how they use it!

Posted via CB10
    Atmarix likes this.
    11-08-13 08:24 PM
    Same here. A group of ~15 friends, we have to continue using Whatsapp because of one guy (!) who has a Windows phone. BBM on WP8 needed urgently.

Posted via CB10
    You have 15 friends?? Oh man!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 09:06 AM
    You have 15 friends?? Oh man!

Posted via CB10
    "friends"
    better?
    11-09-13 09:09 AM
    No. Microsoft gave us android converted skype app. BlackBerry should give them an android converted app and see how they use it!

Posted via CB10
    To be fair, skype is trash on all platforms, even pc. So they haven't discriminated against BlackBerry solely.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 10:58 AM
    It's not a game of give and take between BB and MS.
    If BB wants BBM to beat the competition and succeed, they have to release a WP BBM client asap.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-09-13 11:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    That doesn't really make sense, since WP doesn't support Android apps... Regardless of the quality of the Skype app on BlackBerry, it's still available. Completely different situation.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 11:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Looool so effin' true
    There should be No BBM for wp until we get a skype native
    BBM came out fully working after it was successfully launched, not like skype that came out so ****ty that I disregarded it as a communication method

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 11:28 AM
    That doesn't really make sense, since WP doesn't support Android apps... Regardless of the quality of the Skype app on BlackBerry, it's still available. Completely different situation.

Posted via CB10
    It's a completely different situation yes, but so many ppl stopped using Skype and looked for other methods of communicating because android-ported skype was so lame. They out No effort into it

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 11:31 AM
    It's a completely different situation yes, but so many ppl stopped using Skype and looked for other methods of communicating because android-ported skype was so lame. They out No effort into it

Posted via CB10
    That's true. I do think they'll make a WP version though, regardless of whether M$ provides a native Skype app for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 02:03 PM
    Unless BlackBerry paid them for it. Then it's only fair they pay BlackBerry for BBM..

I'm sure it's somewhere on the roadmap, but the userbase is still proportionately pretty small. Also, I think some aspects of the current offering need to be improved on cross platform first. I think it's too hard to invite people who aren't familiar with BBM, I don't like that you can't easily use it on multiple devices and don't like that it won't work on my iPod or iPad.
    11-09-13 02:08 PM
    I'm Sure they have a plan for WP8 but wanted to reach the masses first, majority of the market

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 02:27 PM
    I'm Sure they have a plan for WP8 but wanted to reach the masses first, majority of the market

Posted via CB10
    But as I stated when I started this thread my hockey team of 20 players switched to BBM. My soccer team of 20 players is stuck with whatapp because a couple people have windows phone. That's at least 10 new people they could add to BBM but can't. A few on the team already are on BBM.

Posted via my awesome Q10
    11-09-13 03:00 PM
    Any updates here?

Posted via BlackBerry Z810
    11-27-13 09:10 AM
    Any updates here?

No.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:34 PM
    So, I found this link...not sure if it's legit. Anybody with a little more computer savvy know?

IMDb: BBM for Windows Phone - Install BBM on Windows Phone - a list by ilub_ilud
    12-03-13 11:17 PM
    So, I found this link...not sure if it's legit. Anybody with a little more computer savvy know?

IMDb: BBM for Windows Phone - Install BBM on Windows Phone - a list by ilub_ilud
    Fake.

12-04-13 10:58 AM
    BBM must be available on all platform. If you want to be credible and be the first... you must offer the same service for all. in this way... users will follow the brand and come or come back just because the cascade UI is the best. Let's go BlackBerry... it's time to fight.
    12-04-13 03:08 PM
    i got bbm on my ipad the first time it said your device isnt compatible the second time it downloaded fine:BBM for Windows Phone-webcam-toy-photo5.jpg look at the pic!
    12-07-13 02:19 AM
    i got bbm on my ipad the first time it said your device isnt compatible the second time it downloaded fine:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webcam-toy-photo5.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	227733 look at the pic!
    H�? We are talking about Windows Phone not iPad.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 03:26 PM