BBM seems awesome. But does anyone really use it anymore? I had to force my daughter to install it on her iphone to have someone to chat with.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 01:39 AM
    I had to force my daughter to install it on her iphone to have someone to chat with.

Posted via CB10
    Ok...If your that desperate for friends then join groups on CrackBerry

Always happy to help!
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-06-15 01:51 AM
    IMessage really seems to be gold standard. With sms a close 2nd. I wish imessage worked cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    stevobbm likes this.
    06-06-15 02:45 AM
    IMessage really seems to be gold standard. With sms a close 2nd. I wish imessage worked cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    BBM once was the same. It can still be back to that position, if all the BlackBerry users insist every of their contacts to use it and for time being, stop every other messaging platforms.
    I am away from all other messaging platforms for a while, using Only BBM and around 15 of my contacts started using BBM to get me
    Its just a starting....if we all BlackBerry owners do it, it can bring a big change...bt I would say wait a lil more before doing this experience. Let the android version be out and the BBM betas for ios and BlackBerry also.
    And then start this experiment

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 04:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    iMessage is non-existent in the middle east, it's stupid just like SMS, IM apps aren't just about sending 160 letters in a msg, that's so 1997.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 12:43 PM
    BBM once was the same. It can still be back to that position, if all the BlackBerry users insist every of their contacts to use it and for time being, stop every other messaging platforms.
    I am away from all other messaging platforms for a while, using Only BBM and around 15 of my contacts started using BBM to get me
    Its just a starting....if we all BlackBerry owners do it, it can bring a big change...bt I would say wait a lil more before doing this experience. Let the android version be out and the BBM betas for ios and BlackBerry also.
    And then start this experiment

Posted via CB10
    I had tried that when BBM first launched on other platforms. It was a disaster! I had managed to get quite a few onto BBM, but because the app was so buggy, they deleted it after some time and now I don't think they would give it a second chance.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 12:55 PM
    I had tried that when BBM first launched on other platforms. It was a disaster! I had managed to get quite a few onto BBM, but because the app was so buggy, they deleted it after some time and now I don't think they would give it a second chance.

Posted via CB10
    I can understand. Many Blackberrians would have tried that for sure I know. That is the only reason I said, dnt make the next try until the ones in beta zone comes out and make sure its functionality. Luckily nt many whom I askd to install had problems except windows and one or 2 apple. I am anyways nt stopping it
    Will start my next bunch of effort after beta zone app come out

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 01:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    No way, I'm pretty sure Whatsapp is the true cross-platform messaging benchmark. They're even starting to add the 'share with' WhatsApp icon on many 'popular' web sites.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 02:05 PM
    We use it in our company. And with the addition of Blend, it's even better.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-06-15 02:09 PM
    This thread. What's the point?

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-06-15 02:09 PM
    Interesting.
    I have a normal contact lists on BBM and sms for everyone else.
    I guess it all depends on the demographics of the ppl one communicates with.

Voice chat quality when calling Android contacts is really good (don't have iPhone contacts that I'd voice chat with). My contacts have told me that it sounds better than when they use voice chat on whatsapp with their contacts.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.798 CB10
    Last edited by jope28; 06-06-15 at 03:03 PM.
    06-06-15 02:22 PM
    I have more chats over BBM than whatsapp and with protected I'm getting my few contacts on whatsapp to download BBM.

Posted via Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    06-06-15 02:43 PM
    "BBM What's the Point?"

BlackBerry Messaging. It's a messaging service... designed around BlackBerry. The purpose is to send messages - most with a use case advantage on BlackBerry.

If you don't know many people with a BlackBerry, it doesn't help mucch and you'll be stuck using a service like WhatsApp, which does its job. But it isn't fluid enough for me and I have no contacts on it. By contrast I have a dozen BBM groups related to development and a couple hundred contacts by BBM - most them amazing folks off CB.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-06-15 02:48 PM
    If you have to ask, it's like the rest of the people who ask and don't get the point of BBM.

It's a matter of choice, you love it or hate it.

To me personally, I don't use any other messaging. If friends, family or contacts need to reach me, use BBM, text or call. It's as simple as that for me.

It's cross platform so you don't have to be a BlackBerry smartphone user to have it. My daughter loves her Z10 and my wife and son now have Android phones but we all use BBM to chat.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    06-06-15 03:07 PM
    Can anybody help me I have BlackBerry Z10 and I have used couple of time Bbm time retraction option... now it's saying to subscribe to use it back... could anybody tell me...!! is that a paid option for everyone ?? or is that me facing that problem....???

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 03:57 PM
    Can anybody help me I have BlackBerry Z10 and I have used couple of time Bbm time retraction option... now it's saying to subscribe to use it back... could anybody tell me...!! is that a paid option for everyone ?? or is that me facing that problem....???

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    You get a few free ones, but then it's a paid subscription.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.798 CB10
    06-06-15 04:43 PM
    2BF2ECA5 you know what to do

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 10:22 AM
    BBM seems awesome. But does anyone really use it anymore? I had to force my daughter to install it on her iphone to have someone to chat with.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Good point yet you answered your own question. You had to FORCE it on her! That is more an issue that BBM.

Honestly I see more working women down the block talking about BBM when walking past to corner store than anyone else. Sad really.

BlackBerry, accept no substitute nor compromise!
    06-07-15 10:40 AM
    My mom uses an ipod touch as her communication device. She refuses to get a phone. My sister and I don't use apple products as our main devices, so my mom can't use imessage to communicate with us. The great thing about BBM is that it doesn't require a phone number to use (which she doesn't have). That's the point of BBM for us. And my mom has fallen in love with stickers, which is cute.
    06-11-15 07:29 PM

Posted via CB10

BBM. What's the point?-img_20150612_084002.png

To answer your question.
    We use it a lot.
    Get in a group... From there, find those people with the same interest as you.. This way you'll get more friends across borders and continents.

And the best part is, I don't have to give away my phone number to them.

Posted via CB10 on my RedBerryan PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    06-11-15 07:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Mmm, no. I'm sure the billions of android users wouldn't agree with that.

Anyway, genuine question.

What's so great about imessage?

Via Passport 
    06-13-15 06:11 PM
    Imessage is great because it combines sms and Web based msg in one app. When you send a text, if the recipient has an iphone, then you see the delivered and read confirms. And conversations are in blue.

If recipient doesn't have iphone. Then conv are in green.

Basically apple got it right. The only way to txt is in the imessage app. And it works even better when you are talking w another I phone user.

And since so many people use iphones in the US. Basically everyone I know. You get a similar experience as BBM by default.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 10:47 PM
    "BBM What's the Point?"

...you'll be stuck using a service like WhatsApp, which does its job. But it isn't fluid enough for me and I have no contacts on it.
    WhatsApp is owned by Facebook, and its primary function is the same as Facebook's primary function.

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    06-15-15 09:35 AM
    WhatsApp is owned by Facebook, and its primary function is the same as Facebook's primary function.

Yes, it is now owned by them. However it is not the same primary function in my opinion.

Facebooks primary function is to serve public photos and information, and connects users by email. Whatsapp is private user to user and user to group messaging and connects users by phone number.

Not sure that helps the OP though to understand what BBM is.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    06-15-15 09:44 AM
    Facebooks primary function is to serve public photos and information, and connects users by email. Whatsapp is private user to user and user to group messaging and connects users by phone number.
    The primary function of Facebook and any apps under the Facebook umbrella is to gather personal information to sell. That's how Facebook makes money.

All the stuff you mentioned is provided by Facebook for free.

"If you're using something for free, what's being sold is _you_."

06-15-15 05:40 PM
26 12