Weird. My apologies then. Worked for a bunch of people I know as well as myself.
    10-22-13 07:42 AM
    Now 24 hours. Nothing on either email.
    10-22-13 05:55 PM
    Now 24 hours. Nothing on either email.
    Wow that's crazy!
    10-22-13 05:57 PM
    Just tried it now, and got straight in. Still no email on either account. Well done, Blackberry. FUBAR.
    10-22-13 06:32 PM
    Went to sleep around 9:00 this morning, when I woke up at 6:00PM I had the e-mail. Looks like it arrived at 5:30PM, so around 23 hours for me.
    10-22-13 08:50 PM
    24 hours later I was able to get the BBID screen, my signal dropped when login and the app start the process all over again, now it says that I have to wait for the email again.

Original way to gain market share!

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 09:41 PM
    24 hours later I was able to get the BBID screen, my signal dropped when login and the app start the process all over again, now it says that I have to wait for the email again.

Original way to gain market share!

Posted via CB10
    Once it's your turn, it's your turn there's no starting "the process all over again" you don't have to wait anymore you can just login. Unless you never received the email to begin with.
    10-22-13 10:05 PM
    24 hrs here and works great now on wife phone

Posted via CB10 with Z10
    10-22-13 10:45 PM
    Once it's your turn, it's your turn there's no starting "the process all over again" you don't have to wait anymore you can just login. Unless you never received the email to begin with.
    NOT TRUE. You sound like you are the developer of the system, but the truth is that I received the email. It is in my mailbox. I open bbm, type the email mentioned in the message received by Blackberry. Then I got a screed that says to click here if you receive the email.

I click in that option and it says again to wait for the email.

That same behavior has been reported but various users in the forum.

Clearly the invented bbm system to start using it, failed for some users. It seems like it is a timelock app instead of a system that has a waiting list. Bottom line: it is not 100 per cent trustable.

Another mistake of Blackberry in their road to gain market share.

That is unfortunate for a company trying to survive. I bet there will be an update very soon (at the end of the summer perhaps) fixing what they designed wrong since the beginning.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 06:45 AM
    For two of my kids the wait time was 24 hours as best as we can tell. Neither of them got an email. They just went into the app and they were able to use it. My other child got tired of waiting. My wife downloaded last night so today she should get the go ahead.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    10-23-13 06:49 AM
    For two of my kids the wait time was 24 hours as best as we can tell. Neither of them got an email. They just went into the app and they were able to use it. My other child got tired of waiting. My wife downloaded last night so today she should get the go ahead.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Another proof that the system is probably a timelock app instead of a sophisticated system with a waiting list.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 06:56 AM
    22 hours and no joy. Only wanted to try it out, suggested my wife and kids loaded it up as well and we're all "waiting in line" well I am, my wife just deleted it from her phone and I think the kids will do the same tonight when they get in...... So I will be back to no BBM contacts..... Not much point having it at the moment, not that I can......

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    10-23-13 07:50 AM
    This waiting list is a disaster. I wonder how many of the 10 million downloaders will not get the email and/or give up on waiting. What a mess...another BlackBerry mess...

Posted via CB10
    macberry33 and PFman like this.
    10-23-13 07:53 AM
    This waiting list is a disaster. I wonder how many of the 10 million downloaders will not get the email and/or give up on waiting. What a mess...another BlackBerry mess...

Posted via CB10
    good question and good conclusion
    PFman likes this.
    10-23-13 07:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Mess? This is an egregious hyperbole.

As to the OPs original question... Some of my friends waited 22 hours, one waited 27 hours... I have read as low as 5 hours though.
    10-23-13 08:16 AM
    You're engaged in egregious fantasy if you think this isn't a mess.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 08:27 AM
    You're engaged in egregious fantasy if you think this isn't a mess.

Posted via CB10
    *Ignore troll mode activated*
    Kat0908 likes this.
    10-23-13 08:52 AM
    As mentioned countless times before, waiting lines for apps are nothing new. I understand we all want to use BBM really bad. But if you don't have the patience to wait then yeah it would probably be best if you just deleted the app. Then later on when the line is fully caught up download it again and have all of your friends and family download it and you'll all be happy campers because you didn't have to wait.
    10-23-13 08:59 AM
    Kat misses the point. BBM isn't *hot* right now. BlackBerry can't afford to make people wait. They'll just give up and blame BlackBerry for another launch disaster. BlackBerry isn't in a position to command this type of waiting list. They needed to get it working for as many people as possible ASAP. They failed.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 09:19 AM
    Kat misses the point. BBM isn't *hot* right now. BlackBerry can't afford to make people wait. They'll just give up and blame BlackBerry for another launch disaster. BlackBerry isn't in a position to command this type of waiting list. They needed to get it working for as many people as possible ASAP. They failed.

Posted via CB10
    I think the real determinant of success or failure will be performance of the app and whether people get enough contacts to make it useful - not the existence of a waiting list on the day of release.
    bounce007 likes this.
    10-23-13 09:21 AM
    I think the real determinant of success or failure will be performance of the app and whether people get enough contacts to make it useful - not the existence of a waiting list on the day of release.
    Of course, but people will not get enough contacts to make it useful if BB p*sses off too many people and they don't bother!
    10-23-13 11:36 AM
46 12