Hello,

I have always been a BBM person, and I am convinced that it is better than WhatsApp and other popular chat apps. But whenever I try to tell friends to download and use it, I constantly get questions like "How is it better than WhatsApp" or "I already have WhatsApp and Facebook chat, why do I need BBM". To me the answers are obvious, but I have a hard time summarizing all the differences/benefits of BBM.

Is there like a good article that compares ALL popular chat apps?

Also, it would be nice to have a "spec chart" that compares all features of all apps, similar to the kind of chart you always see comparing smartphone specs.

Anyone know if such a chart exists?

Cheers and thanks.
    11-10-13 09:37 AM
    Hello,

I have always been a BBM person, and I am convinced that it is better than WhatsApp and other popular chat apps. But whenever I try to tell friends to download and use it, I constantly get questions like "How is it better than WhatsApp" or "I already have WhatsApp and Facebook chat, why do I need BBM". To me the answers are obvious, but I have a hard time summarizing all the differences/benefits of BBM.

Also, it would be nice to have a "spec chart" that compares all features of all apps, similar to the kind of chart you always see comparing smartphone specs.

Cheers and thanks.
    Welcome aboard!!!
    Instead of relying on a chart, how about showing the differences yourself in your device? Real world use is so much better than sterile charts.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/bbm-...ared-50011222/

http://www.ipho9.com/whatsapp-vs-bbm-comparison-chart/
    11-10-13 09:39 AM
    One of the reasons why BBM cant mess with WhatsApp is the fact, that the size of attachments in BBM ist limited to 6 MB... This poorness has to be eleminated first- THAN we can discuss the Sissy-Details of ticks and "Ds" and "Rs"....
    11-10-13 10:07 AM
    You have to love the people that always seem to be first to reply, Ambassador's??? WTF is that lol This app blows. Stick to hangouts or whatsapp.
    11-10-13 01:10 PM
    If your friends have to download BBM, I assume you are talking about the iOS /Android version of BBM ?

There is almost no benefit to xBBM vs Whatsapp.
    xBBM has Read notifications and send any type of files (only on Android, on iOS, you can only send pictures or voice memo). You don't have to use your phone number in xBBM. There some social fearures with status updates. You can also request high quality pictures and I think that's all.
    Whatsapp can send pictures, voice memos, videos, localisation and contacts on all versions. It has more customisation functions and more emoticons. It's easier to find contacts because it uses your phone number. And you can sent up to 12MB files (vs 6MB on xBBM).

But actually, Whatsapp is one of the poorest IMs on the market in terms of functionalities.
    ChatON, for example, does almost everything that BBM for BB10 do (audio/video chat, screen sharing, read/sent notifications, channels, ...).
    Line has a lot more social functions and hangout/iMessages can switch between SMS/webchat, Kik supports plugins, ...
    11-10-13 01:46 PM
    BBM wins hands down, only downside is video download 6 MBs,but still it's going too be a struggle to beat whatsapp due to the way each messenger generates it's contact list.

BBM
    11-10-13 02:23 PM
    It's just that BBM is no longer as relevant as it use to be. And because of this it is making people more stubborn to download it. I think the best thing to do is wait for BlackBerry to improve BBM and add video and voice chat. Over time people will see it become more and more popular. And will want it just like when Facebook came out people didn't see the point in it but look now even people's pets have it.

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    11-10-13 02:36 PM
    Hello,

Cheers and thanks.
    If the answers are so "obvious" to you, then just list them out.

The bottom line is that they're no obvious because there are few advantages, and they are outweighed by the negatives of BBM.

There are one of these threads every week. "I know BBM is better, but I can't explain why! Help!"

Well...maybe it's not...

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 07:45 AM