I know that #BBM will fare much better if they have phone number as ADDITIONAL Means to invite users. The users will then approve these invitation.

BBM will only show the PIN of others in Group chats & Multi-person chats too. In this way privacy is still maintained.

BBM will still need to incorporate all the single chat features in to the Group chat. Then it would be unbeatable.

Posted via CB10
    idhbar likes this.
    03-13-16 01:41 PM
    I know that #BBM will fare much better if they have phone number as ADDITIONAL Means to invite users. The users will then approve these invitation.
    Maybe... I'm not belittling your point, but whenever I read something like that, I always wonder: Why didn't people complain about the PIN system back in BBM 's heydey?

It's just not that hard -- exchange PINs by any of several methods. <shrug>

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    03-13-16 02:40 PM
    To answer the above question: as a communication app, channel is not necessary.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 02:08 AM
    Maybe... I'm not belittling your point, but whenever I read something like that, I always wonder: Why didn't people complain about the PIN system back in BBM 's heydey?

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    When BBM was the "only" thing which did what Whatsapp does today for a Billion users, PINS & PINGS were the order of the day.

Today we don't need a Pin based system as a better solution exists (prone to spam, prone to hacks etc but still gets the job done amazingly) and going backwards would entail loss of users.

The funny thing is that BB10 is in the same quandry. Closed source and highly regulated, but still the Whatsapp for BB10 was perfected and is the lifeline for many many BB10 users.

Can't imagine a native and up to date Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter "APP" for BB10 which would be stiffled with the lack of permissions. Sure the Web workarounds exist but you just dont get to enjoy the way the app was intended to be used by the companies that created such apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 05:34 AM

Today we don't need a Pin based system as a better solution exists (prone to spam, prone to hacks etc but still gets the job done amazingly) and going backwards would entail loss of users.
    It's not often one reads "prone to spam, prone to hacks" in the same sentence as "better."

For me -- and to each his own -- the PIN system is both simple and "better."

TCB on Z10 likes this.
    03-14-16 08:57 AM
    It's not often one reads "prone to spam, prone to hacks" in the same sentence as "better."

For me -- and to each his own -- the PIN system is both simple and "better."

I agree wholeheartedly. It's better for a few. Not for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 01:36 AM

I seriously doubt that if #BBM also allows phone number to identify our contacts will make it prone to spam because nobody would be able to message you unless you accept their invitation to be your contact.

They can only get your phone number from other sources & not via BBM. If they spam you because they somehow got your phone number from another source they can only SMS spam you. This is already happening whether or not BBM uses phone number or not. I don't see any difference.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 10:44 AM
    Now WhatsApp can also send documents... so one more reason WhatsApp is better already... or one more reason that WhatsApp is Beatles BBM.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 11:32 AM
    Now WhatsApp can also send documents... so one more reason WhatsApp is better already... or one more reason that WhatsApp is Beatles BBM.
    Maybe WhatsApp is Beatles BBM.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/remeepatel/r...life#.lnjNwDKO

03-16-16 09:31 PM
    #BBM all the way! I rarely use whatsapp as I can do almost anything with my BBM. Majority of my friends and families also use BBM and it's nice having them around

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    03-21-16 01:53 AM
    Nobody I know uses BBM. They just use Apple software.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 01:58 AM
36 12