I think it's time for BlackBerry to get out of the trenches. They needed to make some noise let us hear some warrior roars.

BBM is a great app and works great, BlackBerry is not storage your information and making profiles to sell to thirth parties or getting copyright about everything you send passing there server like foto's ,video and more.

So BlackBerry wake up , move on and say something bold, let people know !

Whatsapp and Facebook Care About Privacy, They deal in your privacy.

We don't deal and we care that you are in contral about you privacy.

BBM get in today to secure your privacy and take it in control, join us.

Get this out on youtube, show the world send information about what is BlackBerry doing with BBM. Send the media you launch a BBM campaign all about control and privacy, tell them you storage nothing and that you don't use data from users , that you don't make profiles or using information from your friends to make that profile more valuable. that you don't have copyright about everything that passing your servers and show the media what BBM.

BlackBerry is to nice and all about finding new ideas and devolpment, but sometimes you must stop waiting for peopel to come to you but you must go the them and show it, open some eyes.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-28-16 03:34 AM
    It's too late.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-28-16 04:48 AM
    We got to do this BlackBerry will not...

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 04:56 AM
    I think is perfect timing with all that privacy stuff in the media and Facebook backup Apple. Shows that facebook care about people privacy just like Apple does but facebook earns money about these people privacy.
    02-28-16 05:00 AM
    The smartphone universe is being overrun with zombie hordes who simply don't care about privacy. Because are actually dead but hunger for the feeling of having a life, zombies constantly bombard each other with nonstop pictures and tweets about every trivial aspect of their pathetic existences. It's an unfortunate fact that most zombies also don't comprehend the simple fact that "there's no such thing as free lunch," so they are easy prey for "free" services provided by Mark Zombieburg and others.

I've had some success beating back the hordes with facts about BBM, but it's a lot of work.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    02-28-16 05:57 AM
    You are forgetting about the fact that cross platform BBM is not all that it was cracked up to be like on my Lumia it was and still is an awful experience compared to WhatsApp in terms of bugs and UI. They need to really polish XBBM before it can be used and boasted the way you guys describe.
    02-28-16 04:08 PM
    The eternal debate

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 05:23 AM
    Two prong attack, maybe 3, 1st free xbbm video, while simultaneously having BBM accept phone number listed in Whatsapp to crosstalk between messenger systems, and 3rd take out another regional player or create an alliance or two or more.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 04:43 PM
    Whatsapp is superior to BBM because it is simple concise and efficient. Plus the 'green' looks nice on blackberry since 9700. I also use wechat which is the 3rd best after whatsapp and BBM.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 07:56 PM
    Whatsapp is superior to BBM because it is simple concise and efficient.
    How do you get simpler than BBM..?

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    TCB on Z10 and sonicpix like this.
    03-08-16 09:04 AM
    By being assured all your chat history backup happens entirely. By being assured that while trying to do a lengthy chat history backup, the conversation doesn't get deleted entirely as a result of the BBM app hanging/freezing. By being assured that Whatsapp delivers texts and images even a week later if a person is offline. By being assured that certain parts of chat history don't disappear into thin air when you're trying to find out a crucial word/phrase... only to find out that a particular paragraph has gone missing.... By being happy that a simple 2G edge connection suffices for a Whatsapp Voice call and whatsapp message.

Heck there's even an option to report a problem on BBM, but the email "To" address remains empty.... MAJOR FACEPALM.

This is just a few ways you can get simpler than BBM. All problems listed above occur on BB10 BBM which I use on my Passport, BBM for Android, BBM for iPhone.

BBM is all very well when it comes to being a tin foil hat loving introvert with a strong WiFi connection or 3G at the least to function normally and also people who love the stock emojis.

I use BBM because it's emojis are very expressive... I love Screen Sharing, but my BBM friends are on iOS.

Whatsapp is my window to the outside world. To top it all its supported by a solitary guy who has developed a fantastic Native App... versus a bunch of guys who deliver new features first to Non Native platforms and then to BB10.

Without Whatsapp, BB10's productivity has a serious chink.

Posted via CB10
    devin266 likes this.
    03-10-16 07:24 AM
    None of the things you've described have ever happened to me on my Z10, Z30, Passport SE, or Bold 9900.

sonicpix likes this.
    03-10-16 08:20 AM
    By being happy that a simple 2G edge connection suffices for a Whatsapp Voice call

...Without Whatsapp, BB10's productivity has a serious chink.
    I admit, I've had difficulty with BBM voice calling India when not on wi-fi; but it seems to work fine calling in the US. I can't think of anywhere I have to make do with a 2G connection here, though, so I may in fact run into that issue if it ever came up.

I wouldn't know about a "productivity chink" without WhatsApp -- I don't use WhatsApp. I use BBM for everything and everyone, including BBM Protected for work chats and sharing.

I might give WhatsApp a try, but a.) it's owned by Facebook, so I assume privacy is nonexistent and it would be wildly unsuitable for sharing any kind of proprietary information; and b.) I don't like having to share my phone number to connect, or that WhatsApp raids my contacts. If those concerns make me part of the "tinfoil hat" crowd, well... <shrug>

sonicpix likes this.
    03-10-16 08:35 AM
    None of the things you've described have ever happened to me on my Z10, Z30, Passport SE, or Bold 9900.

Your lucky. Try backing a 10 day chat history and watch as it goes poof.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 09:37 AM
    I admit, I've had difficulty with BBM voice calling India when not on wi-fi; but it seems to work fine calling in the US. I can't think of anywhere I have to make do with a 2G connection here, though, so I may in fact run into that issue if it ever came up.

I wouldn't know about a "productivity chink" without WhatsApp -- I don't use WhatsApp. I use BBM for everything and everyone, including BBM Protected for work chats and sharing.

I might give WhatsApp a try, but a.) it's owned by Facebook, so I assume privacy is nonexistent and it would be wildly unsuitable for sharing any kind of proprietary information; and b.) I don't like having to share my phone number to connect, or that WhatsApp raids my contacts. If those concerns make me part of the "tinfoil hat" crowd, well... <shrug>

The day you had an online presence was the day your privacy became non existent. It's a fact. No matter how much one thinks that by changing location settings, disabling upload of directory etc etc their privacy is secure. We live in the digital age and to be private and secure you should never use a digital device.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 09:40 AM
    By being assured all your chat history backup happens entirely. By being assured that while trying to do a lengthy chat history backup, the conversation doesn't get deleted entirely as a result of the BBM app hanging/freezing. By being assured that Whatsapp delivers texts and images even a week later if a person is offline. By being assured that certain parts of chat history don't disappear into thin air when you're trying to find out a crucial word/phrase... only to find out that a particular paragraph has gone missing.... By being happy that a simple 2G edge connection suffices for a Whatsapp Voice call and whatsapp message.

Heck there's even an option to report a problem on BBM, but the email "To" address remains empty.... MAJOR FACEPALM.

This is just a few ways you can get simpler than BBM. All problems listed above occur on BB10 BBM which I use on my Passport, BBM for Android, BBM for iPhone.

BBM is all very well when it comes to being a tin foil hat loving introvert with a strong WiFi connection or 3G at the least to function normally and also people who love the stock emojis.

I use BBM because it's emojis are very expressive... I love Screen Sharing, but my BBM friends are on iOS.

Whatsapp is my window to the outside world. To top it all its supported by a solitary guy who has developed a fantastic Native App... versus a bunch of guys who deliver new features first to Non Native platforms and then to BB10.

Without Whatsapp, BB10's productivity has a serious chink.

Posted via CB10
    Not entirely true. I use my BBM mainly on 2G & only switch to 3G for calls. The chat history is customizable you can set it to keep for 1 day or forever.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 11:14 AM
    The day you had an online presence was the day your privacy became non existent. It's a fact.
    No argument there -- but "privacy" isn't a binary proposition. I can minimize or not add to the problem by steering clear of Facebook and Android. I don't HAVE to let Facebook or Google have my list of contacts, so I don't. I don't HAVE to let Facebook know with whom I'm corresponding for business, so I don't (use WhatsApp).
    03-10-16 12:39 PM
    Introduce Cross Platform Free BBM Video, and make it simple to sign up for BBM by single click acceptance of invite to BBM by others. I wonder if Facetime to BBM Video would be possible...
    03-10-16 02:20 PM
    WhatsApp will never win against the screen share and BlackBerry natural sound, plus you can send almost any file on bbm

Posted from my big screen Z30 STA100-5 running 10.3.2.2876
    03-10-16 03:33 PM
    I like BBM....but it is hard to figure out how to add someone sometimes

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-10-16 07:10 PM
    WhatsApp wins with the video conferencing abilities.

Posted via CB10
    zacthirdy likes this.
    03-10-16 07:47 PM
    BBM is a robust communication application. It is not just an application but a tool with the best features that will maximize your connectivity to anyone

Posted via CB10
    valer466 likes this.
    03-10-16 07:57 PM
    I like BBM....but it is hard to figure out how to add someone sometimes.
    Just have them send you their PIN after they install BBM -- then use their PIN to send them an invite. Voila!

03-10-16 10:25 PM
    Whatsapp has more users than BBM.In some countries they don't know what is BBM ???

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 11:25 PM
    I find WhatsApp to be almost childish in the look and feel of the app. I only use it to talk with people that refuse to use anything else. Especially with the number of fraudulent accounts on Facebook these days, I don't want to give any random schmuck my phone number.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    03-11-16 01:41 AM
36 12