I guess at some point you are right, but somehow there may be people (Including myself) who's interested only using a messenger app for their own interests like job, business or job, sports club, partner, bfriends, etc.
    I mean unlike using popular ones for this particular reason, that everyone is texting you with the handicap of being 'online' and you need to avoid distraction scrolling down all the time to find that chat, might be the solution.

Don't know if that makes sense.

Now that I left WhatsApp and some contacts 'came' to Telegram finding out that I'm there most of the time (and no, I'm not a celebrity) I find myself looking for a private messenger app only for 'private personal life'.

Haha, if that makes sense altogether, just discovered i need something that does not exist. Yet!
    I understand - so long as your group is willing to follow suit of course.

With Telegram, you are able to hide your phone number and your "last online" status in its privacy settings.

You can also set it up that only your contacts can find you.
    01-18-21 12:29 PM
    I understand - so long as your group is willing to follow suit of course.

With Telegram, you are able to hide your phone number and your "last online" status in its privacy settings.

You can also set it up that only your contacts can find you.
    Absolutely, the thing is now Telegram becomes busier but can be handled.

Also got two numbers linked which is good using same cell for two or more numbers.
    The only thing is sometimes you need an app specially made for you only and this is hard to find.
    01-18-21 12:38 PM
    I suppose if you're having a one on one with someone, you're giving the other person the right/ability to delete stuff if your phone falls into the wrong hands.
    Same as BBM's "retract," right? Signal now has a "delete for all." The only thing missing is the "edit" feature on BBM and Telegram -- however, if you copy the message you want to edit, you can now "delete for all," then paste the original and edit to suit.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-20-21 03:22 PM
    Same as BBM's "retract," right? Signal now has a "delete for all." The only thing missing is the "edit" feature on BBM and Telegram -- however, if you copy the message you want to edit, you can now "delete for all," then paste the original and edit to suit.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    What I meant was that with Telegram you also have control over the other persons messages. For example, if someone sends you a message you have the ability to delete that message for everyone - without leaving a trace of it.
    01-20-21 07:56 PM
29 12