It would be nice if someone could do a review how BBM voice is clearer or not compare to the other options there is out there... For example Viber, Line... maybe even skype. To me personally I have only use Skype and BBM voice is clearer by far on a BlackBerry 10. But will Android and Ios be getting the same quality? I have 2 friends from Android that said they were really impressed on how clear it is and that it is actually the best. My brother an iphone user agreed with me... At the end, the fact they weren't test just an observation, they are really just a theory... So if anyone has other devices and wouldn't mind download the other apps to compare... I believe it would be a nice review... At the end it would only put bbm voice on top and even help with the promotion... *pensive*
    02-14-14 01:58 PM
    it definitely sounds as great as a HD Voice call.
    AbAll87 likes this.
    02-14-14 02:09 PM
    Yes it definitely does but people are more visual and without having a YouTube video proving the claim, they'll still believe that what they think is good is

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 04:59 PM
    I tried it with my android buddy yesterday he was like "wow its really clear and there's no delays".

Posted from Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    AbAll87 likes this.
    02-14-14 05:04 PM
    Bbm voice is definitely a win!!! I just hope somehow we can get the message across to viber, Skype and line user

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 09:21 PM
    I called a friend of mine, iPhone user, today and she said, "What's the point? Why don't you just call me over the phone?"

Anyway, I thought it sounded good...

Z30 here.

Posted via CB10
    AbAll87 likes this.
    02-14-14 09:56 PM
    It's a bit less useful within local calling.

International calls are where it kicks ***. Just had a chat with a friend in England that would have cost $$ otherwise. It was crystal clear as well.

Posted via CB10
    AbAll87 likes this.
    02-14-14 10:29 PM
    I called a friend of mine, iPhone user, today and she said, "What's the point? Why don't you just call me over the phone?"

Anyway, I thought it sounded good...

Z30 here.

Posted via CB10
    This is the reason I wanted to create this forum!!! The point is how much better it sounds! Convince people that it gets really annoying to call directly where I could hear you so much better in bbm voice!!! Prove to the unknown how much bbm voice is amazing

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 06:05 AM
    This is the reason I wanted to create this forum!!! The point is how much better it sounds! Convince people that it gets really annoying to call directly where I could hear you so much better in bbm voice!!! Prove to the unknown how much bbm voice is amazing

Posted via CB10
    Later on that day I tested BBM voice with my Dad running a Samsung Note II and my mom running an iPhone 5S and the difference in voice quality was amazing.

I've never been on an extended bbm voice call because too dew people I knew had BlackBerry devices. Now I'm really blown away! I'm sure the speakers on the Z30 had something to do with it but still.

And I think it's a little more secure since it's run through BlackBerry servers too.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 12:20 PM
    That's awesome !!! This is the kind of news BlackBerry fans should be sharing to their friends and whoever wants to experience great quality will listen !!! I hope they are not to close-minded

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 09:09 PM
    I use BBM voice a lot. I travel to the USA about once a month and never need to buy a USA roaming plan, as I just use BBM voice on wifi.

Posted via CB10
    AbAll87 likes this.
    02-17-14 09:23 PM
    I would like to reference a previous post I made in another thread about the codec used by BBM Voice

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ce-use-875511/
    AbAll87 likes this.
    02-19-14 02:24 AM
    Up against Skype and Tango, hands down BBM Voice is significantly clearer and louder for voice calls. There is no real comparison to be honest.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    AbAll87 likes this.
    02-19-14 03:09 AM
    Had a 10 minutes BBM Voice call with a friend in Boston from Malaysia and it was crystal clear.

I believe BlackBerry must be working on improving their infrastructure to allow for video call later, so hopefully their call quality will get better and better over time.
    AbAll87 likes this.
    02-19-14 08:58 AM