When BBM for Android and iOS receive updates in the future to include BBM Voice, Video, etc will the audio quality be as clear as it is when I use it between two BB10 devices? I ask because the audio quality using BBM Voice, from my experience, was far superior to the quality of any regular phone call. It actually sounds as if you're in the same room as the person you're talking to. I feel like a lot of people would switch to BBM Voice for calls if this audio quality was the same across devices. Only drawback is that it uses data if you're not on wifi. Does anyone know if the experience will be the same when brought cross platform? Personally, I would think so given iPhone's and Android devices likely have equal if not better mics but just seeing if there are any exert opinions out there.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 02:14 AM
    Also BBM Voice and Video uses proprietary codecs, not sure if these would be bundled with Android and iOS though, might negotiate on an open codec if cross platform.
    10-24-13 02:42 AM
    I'd say so yes, for the most part. Once your call hits the BBM SIP servers you'll be treated the same as any BB handset (or should be). The difference will come down to the actual handsets in question. I can tell when I'm talking to an iPhone user usually as an example during a normal phone call. Mic and speaker quality plays a huge roll.
    10-24-13 02:45 AM
    Also BBM Voice and Video uses proprietary codecs, not sure if these would be bundled with Android and iOS though, might negotiate on an open codec if cross platform.
    10-24-13 03:42 AM
    Do you have a source for that?
    I am dubious of your claim.
    10-24-13 05:24 PM
    I cannot video chat with peeps on iPhone or Android

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 05:34 PM
    Ok I think you mean proprietary as in licensed and not as in they did the r and d themselves. AMR-WB I guess.

Sorry for doubting you.
    10-24-13 05:43 PM