Home CrackBerry Q&A > General BBM Chat

Is BBM voice possible between BBOS 5 and BB10 devices?

Asked: Jul 28 2013 | 2:44 pm EDT 2247 Views 3 Answers View Best Answer

I'm asking this question because I've got a contact still on OS5 who updated his Curve to BBM 7 which has given him access on WiFi to BBM Voice. He can only see a grey Voice icon when we both use BBM. I'm on a Q5 right now and I don't see a Voice icon at all. I've entered his BBID and Pin but that's not enough it seems.

So I'm asking, is it even possible to connect between OS5 and BB10?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Jul 30 2013 | 12:53 pm EDT gridlonk12

Bbm voice works fine on OS5 over Wifi only. I had it running on my 9700.

Posted via my Q10

More Answers

Jul 28 2013 | 2:51 pm EDT hamsterwheel

I'm asking this question because I've got a contact still on OS5 who updated his Curve to BBM 7 which has given him access on WiFi to BBM Voice. He can only see a grey Voice icon when we both use BBM. I'm on a Q5 right now and I don't see a Voice icon at all. I've entered his BBID and Pin but that's not enough it seems.

So I'm asking, is it even possible to connect between OS5 and BB10?

Thanks in advance.
I don't about OS5, but I could use BBM Voice with those still on OS6 and OS7 that had BBM7.
As for the greyed out icon....happens when you loose wifi connection...maybe that's it?

Jul 29 2013 | 4:23 am EDT Otech#CB

I don't about OS5, but I could use BBM Voice with those still on OS6 and OS7 that had BBM7.
As for the greyed out icon....happens when you loose wifi connection...maybe that's it?
Yea, I've had it happen with my buddy while he was on his z10 I couldn't reach them till they rebooted their phones, possibly connect to wifi like you said.