Just called up a friend in Japan via BBM Voice, and we both agreed that it kicks Skype's a$$! I'm on my Z10 with AT&T, and she's on an iPhone. I was also using crappy hotel Wi-Fi here in Atlanta. We've been Skyping a lot and have had to contend with numerous dropped calls and frequently horrible call quality. But with BBM, our voices were clear, there was no distortion (save for one brief wobble), and we never lost the call. I'll admit to being one of those guys who said we needed Skype, but now that BBM is rocking on other OS's, I don't see myself using it very often anymore.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 12:29 AM
    BBM Voice is great but it'll never replace Skype until there is a desktop option.
    02-17-14 12:42 AM
    Exactly, and are there any news regarding a desktop version? I remember seeing a demo somewhere..

channel C000F331C- my Z30 rocks!
    02-17-14 04:18 AM
    Just called up a friend in Japan via BBM Voice, and we both agreed that it kicks Skype's a$$! I'm on my Z10 with AT&T, and she's on an iPhone. I was also using crappy hotel Wi-Fi here in Atlanta. We've been Skyping a lot and have had to contend with numerous dropped calls and frequently horrible call quality. But with BBM, our voices were clear, there was no distortion (save for one brief wobble), and we never lost the call. I'll admit to being one of those guys who said we needed Skype, but now that BBM is rocking on other OS's, I don't see myself using it very often anymore.

Posted via CB10
    I called my daughter, she using samsung s3, we both under wifi and there is significant delay.

But under 3G i call up a friend in Malaysia who happen to be also using a Z10 under 3G and our voice delay is not as long.

Z10 10.2.1.1925
    02-17-14 04:31 AM