Prior to the BBM Consumer shutdown on Android on May 31st 2019 it was not possible to place BBM Voice calls from BBM BB10 devices to BBM Android devices.

There was never a problem making calls the other way around i.e BBM Consumer (Android) to BBM Consumer (BB10).

Will BBM Voice work properly now from BBM Consumer (BB10) to BBM Enterprise (Android)?

Thanks
    Azam
    06-10-19 03:54 PM
    Prior to the BBM Consumer shutdown on Android on May 31st 2019 it was not possible to place BBM Voice calls from BBM BB10 devices to BBM Android devices.

There was never a problem making calls the other way around i.e BBM Consumer (Android) to BBM Consumer (BB10).

Will BBM Voice work properly now from BBM Consumer (BB10) to BBM Enterprise (Android)?

Thanks
    Azam
    I think it does work, not sure 100%
    06-11-19 05:25 AM

Thanks
    Azam
    Why not sign up and test it out for yourself? There seems to be varying results for so many BBMe features as it's been rolled out. It's best to see if BBMe will perform for you specifically.
    06-11-19 05:58 AM
    Well I signed up and unfortunately as per before with BBMc, messaging works both ways but BBM Voice calls only connect from Android to BB10.

I installed BBMe on the Android device using the same BBM ID as when I had BBMc on Android. Maybe I need to uninstall and do a fresh install of BBMe on the Android device using a brand new BBM ID??
    06-11-19 04:16 PM
    Well I signed up and unfortunately as per before with BBMc, messaging works both ways but BBM Voice calls only connect from Android to BB10.

I installed BBMe on the Android device using the same BBM ID as when I had BBMc on Android. Maybe I need to uninstall and do a fresh install of BBMe on the Android device using a brand new BBM ID??
    At this point, contact BBMe support and have them go and troubleshoot.
    06-11-19 09:43 PM

Please trigger a problem report from bbme app or bbm bb10 (better both if you can
    06-13-19 10:04 AM
    I got the following reply from BlackBerry Technical Support after two days:

'The old BBM and new BBM Enterprise are different products and the previous BBM is no longer in continuation.
    You will be able to make calls if you have BBM Enterprise setup on your BlackBerry 10 device.'
    06-13-19 12:01 PM

'The old BBM and new BBM Enterprise are different products and the previous BBM is no longer in continuation.
    You will be able to make calls if you have BBM Enterprise setup on your BlackBerry 10 device.'
    It was working just fine before for our devices. The answer you received from BTS was BS. It is broken right now though, calls from BBM on BB10 to BBMe on android ring but don't connect, but they do connect going the other way. They need to get it working again. BTS doesn't seem to know their own product.
    06-13-19 03:13 PM

They seem to have BBMc for BB10, BBMc for Android/IOS, and BBMe all muddled up.
    I'd reply back and ask them to further explain what they meant by "the old BBM".

Posted via CB10
    06-13-19 04:20 PM
    Please trigger a problem report from bbme app or bbm bb10 (better both if you can
    Only the Android app allows sending a problem report from within the app. The BB10 version doesn't have that option . Anyway, I sent this off from the Android app.BBM Voice calls (BB10 to Android)-notable-00097_1.jpeg
    06-13-19 06:48 PM
    Only the Android app allows sending a problem report from within the app. The BB10 version doesn't have that option . Anyway, I sent this off from the Android
    Use this for BB10.

https://salesforce.services.blackberry.com/webforms/bbm

Posted via CB10
    06-13-19 07:13 PM
    Thanks.
    06-13-19 08:52 PM
    This is where I reported the problem in the first place.
    06-14-19 02:03 AM
    They seem to have BBMc for BB10, BBMc for Android/IOS, and BBMe all muddled up.
    I'd reply back and ask them to further explain what they meant by "the old BBM".

Posted via CB10
    This is all they said:

"So. BBM consumer version was a product of Emtek which came to an end on May 31 2019. The new BBM Enterprise is a different product by BlackBerry. "

It takes over a day for them to respond and even then the response is not really a detailed answer. Don't think they really are proper Technical Support.
    06-14-19 09:54 AM
    This is all they said:

"So. BBM consumer version was a product of Emtek which came to an end on May 31 2019. The new BBM Enterprise is a different product by BlackBerry. "

It takes over a day for them to respond and even then the response is not really a detailed answer. Don't think they really are proper Technical Support.
    Yea. You're right. At this point we can see that they are clueless about their own products and not real tech support, but if you are in the mood, you could shove this press release from them that clearly states that BBM for BlackBerry 10 is operated by them.
    I miss the days when their wasn't a shortage of BlackBerry engineers that would immediately jump on customer issues and try and solve them. Now it's hard just to get through to one.

https://helpblog.blackberry.com/2018...-bb10-and-bbosBBM Voice calls (BB10 to Android)-notable-00098_1.jpeg
    06-14-19 01:48 PM
    At least we have @Denis Fedotenko...

Posted via CB10
    06-14-19 05:22 PM
    At least we have @Denis Fedotenko...

Posted via CB10
    True.
    06-14-19 06:58 PM
    True.
    It should be rectified, early next week, sorry.
    06-15-19 09:56 AM
    Thank you for your support!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-19 09:57 AM
    Thank you for your support!

Posted via CB10
    Of course.

My Prosumer PIN is EF003146
    Ben xfg, Jake2826 and valer466 like this.
    06-15-19 09:59 AM
    Thank you for your assistance Denis. It is very much appreciated.
    06-15-19 12:40 PM
    Wow! Thanks Denis. My confidence is restored. Grateful for your presence at CrackBerry.
    06-15-19 01:19 PM
    Wow! Thanks Denis. My confidence is restored. Grateful for your presence at CrackBerry.
    The calls are working now.
    Azam Saghir likes this.
    06-17-19 12:54 PM
    Nice. Do you have any information you could share regarding the BBMe difficulties last week?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-19 01:02 PM
    Not for me. BlackBerry help contacted me to see if it was working now and and I have explained in a follow-up email that the situation for me is now worse.
    Before, voice calls would at least connect when calling from Android to BB10, but not from BB10 to Android.
    Now the voice calls do not connect going in either direction.
    06-17-19 03:14 PM
33 12