When they will show up for both Android and I-phone users? BBM reached number 1 spot for number of downloads on Google Play! BlackBerry has to keep that momentum going and release BBM voice immediately! Someone with news on release date?

Posted via CB10
    Korepab likes this.
    10-26-13 05:03 PM
    No announcement yet, or even reasonable speculation. TBD.
    10-26-13 05:08 PM
    No release date unfortunately. Moved to BBM chat
    10-26-13 05:08 PM
    Next summer...

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 05:10 PM
    I think the next release will have voice then video. I think that would make more sense then taking longer, but releasing both at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 05:19 PM
    I'm pretty sure the next feature will be Channels.

The other question: How does BlackBerry make Money? Will iOs and Android Users have to pay a small fee for using voice and video?

Would you pay 3USD/Month for voice/video?

Posted via CB10
    SifiGamer and Rage Riley like this.
    10-26-13 05:32 PM
    At the very beginning 3-6 months free for everyone. Than for Android and Iphone a small fee or ads. Always completely free for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and oakvillerelopro like this.
    10-26-13 05:47 PM
    I'm really hoping they will release voice ASAP!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 05:49 PM
    If the android and iPhone user really like bbm I do hope they purchased BlackBerry 10 to try the awesome os

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 05:54 PM
    Just in time for Christmas I think so people around the world can share the holidays together. That's my thinking

Are you listening BlackBerry?

Posted from my gorgeous Z30
    smart548 and 00stryder like this.
    10-26-13 05:59 PM
    I agree that they should put audio and Video ASAP Too and some other features like be able to shared pictures into one group chat, PTT like msgs, and fix the issue that on android and IOS version u can't yet update your status with what U r listening..

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    10-26-13 06:09 PM
    At the very beginning 3-6 months free for everyone. Than for Android and Iphone a small fee or ads. Always completely free for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    I think ads for the non-BB platforms is the way to go, unless the increased network traffic from voice/video (especially video) becomes too taxing on the NOC and they need revenue to cover server maintenance/upgrades. Charging users directly is always faced with backlash, and right now BlackBerry need all the goodwill they can find. But I'm assuming they won't bother with that and just monetize via ads and Channels.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 06:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    No. I might consider paying $3 a year.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-26-13 06:30 PM
    I agree that they should put audio and Video ASAP Too and some other features like be able to shared pictures into one group chat, PTT like msgs, and fix the issue that on android and IOS version u can't yet update your status with what U r listening..

Posted via CB10
    The good news is, it's only a 12 Meg app, so they can likely debug it quick.

?10
    10-26-13 06:51 PM
    2B1C9752

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 07:11 PM
    The good news is, it's only a 12 Meg app, so they can likely debug it quick.

?10
    I don't know if you can use file size as a measure complexity. Could be a very efficiently coded app that still has a lot of integrated codes to consider when debugging.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 07:43 PM
    Voice chat and video chat should remain free for all platforms. They need to continue the momentum. Introducing a pay structure like that will kill the traction. People could easily just switch over to other messaging platforms.

They should monetize by ads, channels, BBM Money, BBM Music, and any other features.
    00stryder and nighthawks like this.
    10-26-13 07:45 PM
    Voice chat and video chat should remain free for all platforms. They need to continue the momentum. Introducing a pay structure like that will kill the traction. People could easily just switch over to other messaging platforms.

They should monetize by ads, channels, BBM Money, BBM Music, and any other features.
    I think they may have abandoned BBM Music (as we know it), but with rumors that BBM will become it's own entity, it's a strong possibility.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 07:56 PM
    Why do these threads keep coming up? BlackBerry has said in no uncertain terms that all aspects of cross platform BBM will be free to Android and iPhone users just as they are to Blackberry users.
    10-26-13 07:58 PM
    Why do these threads keep coming up? BlackBerry has said in no uncertain terms that all aspects of cross platform BBM will be free to Android and iPhone users just as they are to Blackberry users.
    Uh, when did they say free to Android and iPhone users, either implicitly or explicitly? They've skirted around the issue plenty, but they haven't exactly suggested anything one way or the other. Unless you've seen it in a news release somewhere?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 08:42 PM
    I'm sure they will introduce bbm voice first.
    Once bbm in google play dropped to below no3 in ranking...
    Need to keep the momentum high and the spirit high among users to push the positivity that BlackBerry is garnering since launch day.
    10-26-13 09:00 PM
    No. I might consider paying $3 a year.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    No, they should not charge anything, at least for a while. If they need to generate revenue at some point, then maybe ads. iOS users are used to free, or at most $0.99 one time for apps. It's even now becoming a problem for Apple. Because the were the first with the app store concept, they are hitting some of the obstacles with their model. It becomes hard to find good apps as buried, so companies have been pushing the price down, to get noticed. What this is doing is squeezing developers, and making it hard for developers to make money and / or driving down quality of apps. They might need something to allow recommendations to friends so that they could introduce the opportunity for a "viral" effect. Hmmm maybe BlackBerry should introduce something to that effect, at least with BBM.
    10-26-13 09:36 PM
    Uh, when did they say free to Android and iPhone users, either implicitly or explicitly? They've skirted around the issue plenty, but they haven't exactly suggested anything one way or the other. Unless you've seen it in a news release somewhere?

Posted via CB10
    Other than when it was initially announced?

It's common knowledge that the monetization of bbm will occur through channels which will give commercial entities a venue to advertise to a very specific audience.

I will take a caveat that it would not exactly be unheard of for BlackBerry to do an about face and go back on something they said.
    10-26-13 09:38 PM
    I'm pretty sure the next feature will be Channels.

The other question: How does BlackBerry make Money? Will iOs and Android Users have to pay a small fee for using voice and video?

Posted via CB10
    BBM channels
    It will be just like Facebook .
    Advertising

Channel: C00120F05 Gaming!
    10-26-13 10:20 PM
    right now the hype has made the app no 1 but it will be interesting to see if the hype settles down will it yet hold no1 position ?

realistic answer is no unless they bring in additional features like voice and video which other popular chat apps are not offering , for ex whatsapp

if they bring in voice and video fast it will really murder the competition .

right now blackberry might say our entire team is working on fixing the bugs etc on the current version , since they take so much time to do everything i highly doubt voice and video will be coming soon.
    10-26-13 11:30 PM
32 12