It seems that most people are saying that bbm voice and video calls are better than face time...
    For me... i'm in Indonesia, a friend of mine says that face time is way better than BlackBerry... but from what i read here, that should not be the case... so my assumption is that, there's a technology or technical set back in the server for us BlackBerry users here in Indonesia... if i am right.. i hope that BlackBerry will make some changes and fix it...
    Although when it is good, it's good!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 11:26 PM
    Hmm I think I will try this as a few people in my family have iPhone and a couple have z10s. I just switched from iphone 4s. In my early comparisons I find bbm video better.. especially over Skype. But I shall do a more thorough test when I'm home for the holidays

From my z30
    11-04-13 01:26 AM
    FT and BBMv are both better than Skype for me. Since Microsoft purchased Skype it has become more convoluted and less user friendly. The video quality is never as good and often laggy.

Let the sn?w fly.
    11-04-13 11:06 AM
    I've done both - facetime tends to freeze a little here and there, never had that issue with BBM video. BBM video sound is crystal clear too. That said, the camera and/or colour reproduction on the iPad seems to be more flattering, lol, so I look better on facetime than on bbm video

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 11:11 AM
    I've tried facetime on my brothers ipad air mini recently and it's garbage. It lags and drops out. Then I have to recall. It has no features. I can barely hear the other person.

I have been using BBM video on My Q10 since release and not once I've had it that laggy as that one time I used the ipad even on wifi. I probably won't be using facetime again.

Apple has so many things on the go and BBM is big to Blackberry so that can be why BBM Video is 100x better.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 11:21 AM
    My brother and I have done testing on this. First our cracker lineage: old crackers (Bolds), been on IP (3-5) for the past 4 years and now back on the crack (Q10). One of the features we really liked with the IP is FaceTime. And we wanted to make sure before succumbing to our addiction, that BBM video and audio would be at least as good as the IP in this area. We have found BBM video and audio to be better than FaceTime. By better, I mean the visual clarity of the video images are more crisp and the audio quality is much more vibrant and alive. We've tested both over our wi-fi connections and 4G. In neither case did we suffer from lag or have "reconnecting" issues. Our testing has not been particularly scientific, but rather just us using our Q10's the way we use our IP's and discussing our findings.
    11-15-13 02:27 PM
    Need to test BBM video since not much of my contacts have BB10. Skype quality has never been much good and face time is quite good. Hopefully BBM is better

Posted from my awesome Z30 on O2 UK with 10.2.0.1803
    11-16-13 07:33 AM
    BBM video will not compete until they get the issue resolved of hearing an echo for BlackBerry's to BlackBerry's. it makes talking to my sister practically unbearable. There is no need to go cross platform with video until the former is fixed

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 02:42 PM
    BBM video will not compete until they get the issue resolved of hearing an echo for BlackBerry's to BlackBerry's. it makes talking to my sister practically unbearable. There is no need to go cross platform with video until the former is fixed

Posted via CB10
    An echo?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 02:54 PM
    I haven't experienced an echo. Are you guys testing it while sitting next to each other?

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    11-21-13 05:10 AM
    LOL! Yea.. no echo for me... although signal is pretty bad for us here in indonesia, so it kinda sucks! but when it's good.. it's really good!

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 08:04 PM
    Limiting video chat to WiFi is the issue keeping me from adopting BBMv. WiFi connectivity is terrible except from when I an at how. Then I prefer face to face time.

Need some pow.
    11-28-13 10:29 AM
    I haven't tried face time so I cannot comment on it.

I have only tried skype & BBM Video. Firstly I have problems logging on to skype most of the time so that sucks. Then I find that face time can only have video calls over wifi it cannot support video calls over 3G or it will just crash. I tested this with my friends in Las Vegas & in Kuala Lumpur.

BBM Video needs to have good 3G connection on both sides to work smoothly. Of course there's no problem when it is on wifi. I had smooth video calls with my friend in Toronto as he has good connection. I had bad or choppy video calls with my friend in Cebu, the Philippines.

Btw I'm located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 11:01 AM
    No, it happened when I was talking to her during my trip to France and Israel. She was in Virginia. It might be an issue with our operating systems. We are on different leaked 10.2s.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 06:16 PM
    You say the connection is too slow for video chatting, though Skype works perfectly.

It's not the quality of the stream that's the problem. It's the fact that it keeps freezing and reconnecting to adjust the quality.

I'm not knocking FaceTime, I think it's a great idea, but in my experience it doesn't "just work" how apple claim it should.

If Apple published the minimum connection speed required for FaceTime then I wouldn't be expecting so much if I knew the connection was slower.
    Skype uses proprietary protocols that dynamically adjust quality based k n bandwidth availability. Lower quality but stable > high quality with drops. That is why it is often able to work on connections where competing services fail.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    12-02-13 11:21 PM
    Skype uses proprietary protocols that dynamically adjust quality based k n bandwidth availability. Lower quality but stable > high quality with drops. That is why it is often able to work on connections where competing services fail.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    I personally have alot of problems logging in to skype and usually cannot have any video calls via 3G. It only work via wifi for me.

Are there any settings I need to look at? I have not changed any settings on it at all for both my pc & my Z10.

I have since totally given up on using it for some time now.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 01:19 PM
    I have used face time audio and video a lot, and it works well on 3G and wifi speeds. Video night get choppy and pixelized but it will work. Haven't got a chance to use BBM video yet as no one I know Has a bb10 bbm audio works well though

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 01:32 PM
    My experience is:
    Skype > Rubbish (awful picture and sound)
    FaceTime > Much better than Skype although sometimes does not ring on other iPad/iPhone/iPod etc and does break up and drop from time to time.
    BBM Video > Excellent audio and video. Also, audio only calls are crystal clear - like you're in the same room as the person you're talking to.
    Korepab likes this.
    12-05-13 11:15 AM
    I have used face time audio and video a lot, and it works well on 3G and wifi speeds. Video night get choppy and pixelized but it will work. Haven't got a chance to use BBM video yet as no one I know Has a bb10 bbm audio works well though

Posted via CB10
    The video on BBM gets pretty pixilated in low light as well. Sound quality is great all the time.

Need some pow.
    12-05-13 11:42 AM
    I had no idea BBMv would work OTA and not just over WiFi. When did this happen? Or has it been the case since it laumched?

Need some POW.
    12-17-13 11:35 AM
    I had no idea BBMv would work OTA and not just over WiFi. When did this happen? Or has it been the case since it laumched?

Need some POW.
    Been the case since day 1.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 09:41 PM
    i can`t tell you which one is better, ive only did bbm video once and saw a friend using face time quite a lot, its difficult to compare but where able has the edge is that you don`t need to add the person using pins for example. if the person has and iphone you can use facetime without adding. but blackberry video give you the ability to switch camera and screen share.
    12-21-13 10:53 AM

Need some POW.
    On BBOS you need wifi for BBM Voice. BB10 has always allowed BBM Video OTA

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 05:15 AM
    BBM Video and Audio is superb. Far superior than any other platform or product.

C0038297E Quote of the Day (BBM Channel)
    12-23-13 08:00 AM
    I only tried BBM voice and the voice was crystal clear.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 11:21 AM
64 123