First off, please move this to the appropriate forum if I've posted in the wrong place.

Second, please direct me to another post addressing my issue if it has already been brought up.

Ok, so earlier today, I heard a commercial from Rogers that they are offer a few months free of BBM video if you sign up now.

Isn't BBM video and FaceTime exactly the same thing? How is it that FT can be used over the network on a regular data plan, but BBM video requires something different? I would assume Rogers will only provide service to BB10 if it had a data plan.

OR... Am I missing something? Maybe BBM video is allowed on a social data package of sorts?
    03-17-13 11:21 PM
    I dont have a social data package, just a regular data package and BBM video works fine for me on LTE.
    03-17-13 11:24 PM
    The carrier knows when the data is being used for video chat. They just won't deduct it from your data package for a few months if you're using video chat on their network.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 11:29 PM
    First off, please move this to the appropriate forum if I've posted in the wrong place.

Second, please direct me to another post addressing my issue if it has already been brought up.

Ok, so earlier today, I heard a commercial from Rogers that they are offer a few months free of BBM video if you sign up now.

Isn't BBM video and FaceTime exactly the same thing? How is it that FT can be used over the network on a regular data plan, but BBM video requires something different? I would assume Rogers will only provide service to BB10 if it had a data plan.

OR... Am I missing something? Maybe BBM video is allowed on a social data package of sorts?

The promotion for a few months of BBM video would depend on the plan associated with the promo (one even gives you a year of it for free). It basically means that the data used for this feature would not be deducted from your monthly allowance. Also, it doesn't require a special plan for this feature, regular data plan is all you need. I was concerned about this too, but the rep told me seeing that i have 6GB plan, i should be good to go!
    03-17-13 11:33 PM
    OH!! I get it. Ha. I feel pretty stupid.
    03-17-13 11:43 PM

On att and verizon, both FT and BBMv both require a certain data package
    03-17-13 11:43 PM
    The promotion for a few months of BBM video would depend on the plan associated with the promo (one even gives you a year of it for free). It basically means that the data used for this feature would not be deducted from your monthly allowance. Also, it doesn't require a special plan for this feature, regular data plan is all you need. I was concerned about this too, but the rep told me seeing that i have 6GB plan, i should be good to go!
    Wow, you guys are lucky. The word around here is that ATT is going to require a mobile share plan to make us of bbm video chat http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...plan-t-777729/
    03-17-13 11:49 PM