Hey all,

Been waiting for an opportunity to use BBM video for ages and when said opportunity arises it simply doesn't work. The green icon is present, it calls, begins to 'connect...', then stays connecting for a while and then aborts, stating that it is 'unable to call' or even 'call ended'. The funny thing is that she can see me briefly before the call terminates.

Wife in the Netherlands and I'm at home in the UK. Both rocking Q10's, both on stable home' Wi-Fi networks, both on the latest official BBM release, although, in terms of OS's, she has the official 10.2.1 and I'm still on 10.2.0.424.

Any help on this frustrating matter very much appreciated! I don't want to use Skype
    02-16-14 07:13 AM
    Subscribed. I'm on BBOS, and BBM video is one thing that could lure me to BB10. I hope it's not a dud ...
    02-16-14 08:22 AM
    I can't help you (yet) but can confirm me (Q5) and my wife (Z10) are having the exact same problem. One phone connects and shows the others feed while other keeps trying to connect (even though it obviously is transmitting) and eventually aborts.

It only happened after the Z10 updated to 10.2.1.2102

Posted on the awesome Blackberry Q5
    03-08-14 05:26 PM
    Has those with issues:

Disabled Wi-Fi and tested using 3G (EDGE/HSPA), or 4G (HSPA+/LTE)?!$

Secondly when you mention stable Wi-Fi that's not good enough! Check your router especially if there are built in firewalls that block ports - BlackBerry.com/btsc is the public troubleshooting site that is official for BlackBerry or BES or feature issues and has been around for ages! Check there to see what ports are required to be open and not blocked. Also ensure nobody is surfing, streaming or gaming on xbox or playstation those games take up a LOT of bandwidth if you have a 60Mb/s down. So again stating you have a reliable connection is not enough you need to really asses that connections bandwidth limitations restrictions.

Lastly is your wife in a hotel using their wifi cause that's not going to typically fly as those are very limited for bandwidth hence why they have so many wife networks available and most likely connecting to the same pipe for provider Internet access.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    skeuri and anon(1852343) like this.
    03-09-14 05:49 AM
    Solved it! Thanks to SupaFly for pointing me in the right direction.

Port forwarding on the wifi gateway/router was off.

On the wifi side, the router needs to forward the following ports:
    443 tcp
    3478 tcp
    3478 udp
    45535-65535 udp

Read THIS link
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-09-14 10:35 AM
    Awesome. Glad I could point you in the right direction

Happy BBM video calling and screen sharing... you've just came through and made the wide happier enjoy the next meeting

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    03-10-14 01:18 AM
    What if my carrier blocked BBM Voice and BBM Video, will it still work?

And can you please explain the procedure in detail?

Thanks!
    03-10-14 03:09 PM
    @Rockstar: I don't use a data plan and as such don't use BBM Voice/Video through my carriers network.

I only use BBM Video through wifi connections so I'm afraid can't help you with your carrier.

03-11-14 01:46 AM
    (sorry double post)

@Rockstar: using BBM Video/Voice should work through wifi even if your carrier has blocked them on your 2G/3G/4G connection.

03-11-14 01:48 AM
    Cool. Thanks!

I am kinda stuck with 'port forwarding' thing. I hope you can help me with that?

Cheers!
    03-11-14 05:20 AM
    @Skeuri: How would you do that?

BBM Voice and BBM Video communicates with the following addresses and therefore they need to be white-listed.

sip.voip.blackberry.com:443
    bbmvideo.blackberry.com:443
    turn.voip.blackberry.com:3478
    03-11-14 07:49 AM
    @Skeuri: How would you do that?

BBM Voice and BBM Video communicates with the following addresses and therefore they need to be white-listed.

sip.voip.blackberry.com:443
    bbmvideo.blackberry.com:443
    turn.voip.blackberry.com:3478
    My router (Fritz!Box) has a whitelist section but to be honost I only forwarded the required ports and didn't bother with whitelisting those URLs. Worked for me.

03-11-14 02:56 PM
    Mine is Linksys. I tried port forwarding but it didn't work for me. I have no idea about white-list, lol.

I'm not able to see any Video or Voice icon on my BBM.

Do I have to do anything on my BlackBerry 10 or its just to do with ports?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 03:44 PM
    If you're not getting the voice or video icons, your destination contact doesn't allow voice or video call. That has nothing to do with your router.

Blackberry Q5 / Asus Memopad HD7
    03-13-14 03:48 AM
    If you're not getting the voice or video icons, your destination contact doesn't allow voice or video call. That has nothing to do with your router.

Blackberry Q5 / Asus Memopad HD7
    Now I understand why I don't see the video icon but only see the chat icon. Is this true even if they are on ios or android?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 02:08 AM
    Now I understand why I don't see the video icon but only see the chat icon. Is this true even if they are on ios or android?

Posted via CB10
    ...especially when they're on iOS or Android since BBM on those platforms doesn't yet have voice/video.

Posted on the BlackBerry Q5
    03-16-14 02:39 PM