http://n4bb.com/blackberry-working-video-chat-ebbm/

This is from another site. I'm not sure there is a thread already concerning this but I know I would like cross platform BBM. Am I the only one? I sure don't think so

Posted from my zee thirt teee
    04-15-14 04:01 PM
    I've been waiting for cross platform BBM video chat forever. If it's only for eBBM that's going to be a problem.

Posted via CB10
    ndeep13 likes this.
    04-15-14 04:29 PM
    Well if bbm video is going to be like cross platform bbm voice call then I see why people are not excited

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-15-14 04:30 PM
    Well if bbm video is going to be like cross platform bbm voice call then I see why people are not excited
    What's wrong with cross platform BBM Voice?

I've used it and it works well. No delay, full duplex and good sound quality.
    04-15-14 10:53 PM
    Voice is crystal clear for me. I like it a lot. I want video because I feel it could be a solid platform for bringing consumers back, along with everything BlackBerry offers in one chat/media solution. This is a mistake if they do not include video for consumers and their Bbm app

BallRockReaper likes this.
    04-15-14 11:20 PM
    What's wrong with cross platform BBM Voice?

I've used it and it works well. No delay, full duplex and good sound quality.
    Its great when it works. Its not very reliable. Im a huge promoter of BBM in my group of friends and i would never say anything bad in front of them but believe me sometime i hit that call button and nothing happens on the other end.
    04-16-14 12:24 PM
    Its great when it works. Its not very reliable. Im a huge promoter of BBM in my group of friends and i would never say anything bad in front of them but believe me sometime i hit that call button and nothing happens on the other end.

No dramas here down unda, using BBM Voice with my step-mother all the time, and she's on Android (S4).

The only grief is the connection time, takes a while to connect, and you might already start taking while the app's not fully online yet.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    04-16-14 06:56 PM
    I agree 100% that BBM needs cross platform video! It's a glaring deficiency. My experiences with BBM talk have been good so far, but I don't use it that often because the regular phone radio works just fine. However, the video chat is a different story because for that we rely on third party services like Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.

I'm glad I'm not alone, let's hope that BlackBerry can make this happen.

Sent from my BB Z10 running OS 10.3.0.140.
    04-17-14 08:56 PM
    As of right now, there are no plans to bring this desktop video chat, or even a desktop version itself, for consumers. Sims feels as though there isn?t enough interest on the consumer side of the business to make the application valuable to the company.
    This is BlackBerry's problem, in a nutshell. This guy is an ***** if he thinks it wouldn't interest consumers.

Posted via CB10
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    04-17-14 09:14 PM
    There are too many messaging, VoIP, and Video calling apps out there. I wish people would consolidate on one integrated solution and leave the rest along.

I'll stick to "lets go to lunch" because I cannot be relied upon to keep 3-5 messaging apps installed on my phone at all times.
    04-21-14 07:44 AM
    This is BlackBerry's problem, in a nutshell. This guy is an ***** if he thinks it wouldn't interest consumers.

Posted via CB10
    It's 2014. Consumers who need video chat have a ton of widely used solutions and they're already using them.

So no, he isn't an ***** if he thinks it wouldn't interest consumers, cause it's totally plausible that most won't care. BB's user base is much lower than Skype, for example, so chances are the people he BBMs are likely already using Skype or some other popular solution if they video chat routinely. They probably won't care much about BBM Video.
    04-21-14 07:46 AM
    There may not be a lot of consumer interest, but I can definitely see enterprise users interested.

Posted with a drop of Awesome Sauce!!!
    04-21-14 07:57 AM
    I for one, would like an all in one solution. Adding BBV would add that for a lot of folks. No matter how many other solutions is out there, bringing this IMHO would help BlackBerry.

WWBlondieDo likes this.
    04-21-14 08:17 AM
    Video calling when it goes cross platform it should come with a whole UI redefinition and with solution to the slow growth of BBM

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 08:55 AM
    Video calling when it goes cross platform it should come with a whole UI redefinition and with solution to the slow growth of BBM

Posted via CB10
    Part of that can be attributed to carriers disabling (yes I'm talking about you AT&T) .

Posted with a drop of Awesome Sauce!!!
    04-21-14 10:12 AM
    [QUOTE=Prem WatsApp;10251029]No dramas here down unda, using BBM Voice with my step-mother all the time, and she's on Android (S4).

The only grief is the connection time, takes a while to connect, and you might already start taking while the app's not fully online yet.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....[/QUOTE
    You're absolutely right on everything you said. Quality is second to none after connection is made but my only issue is the time it takes to connect after call is placed. This is same for BBMx as well as BlackBerry to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 02:31 PM
    i love the bbm video, i use a lot
    04-25-14 12:55 PM

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    The problem isn't bbm voice/video. It depends on your network/wifi. It's like saying a car rides rough because the roads are bad

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 03:09 PM
    I'm contributing the slow adoption of BBM Video to 2 things.
    • The lack of it being cross platform
    • The lack of a desktop client

While the first issue will be rectified once it does go cross platform, the second issue is what I think is holding it back on both the consumer and enterprise front.
    (e)BBM could become the main communication tool inside enterprise but it needs a desktop client for that...
    07-07-14 04:02 AM
    Time to revive this thread. I feel we should start at BlackBerry on twitter and show them we are interested in cross-platform video. I have many friends on other platforms who would switch if video shows up. So #bbmvideo4all and show them we want it.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 10:24 AM
    I wish they would at least announce if they Goin to do bbm video or not

Posted via Z30 from the sunny Okanagan
    09-11-14 06:09 PM
    Stay tuned to see the bigger picture?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 06:13 PM