I've been using the BB Assistant to send BBM's via voice (when driving) from my Q5 for some time...it has always worked. The past few days however, i've discovered a problem.

Turns out some of my messages are simply not being sent at all. They say they are sent, but do not appear in "real" bbm, nor the hub, and are never received: they just disappear. This occurs whenever I use the Assistant, regardless of by voice, or by typing on the actual device. A BBM to the same contact via the app works fine.

After some digging, I discovered something odd. My contacts seem to have 2 PIN's. Usually 1 is blue, and the other is white with an "invite to BBM line" next to them.

This contact shows 2 blue pins. Selecting the 2nd one takes me to a different person altogether.
    BBM via BB Assistant not sending-bbm_2blue.png

This contact shows 1 white, 1 blue. I believe the blue one works, the white goes nowhere and that is what is picked up via the Assistant. Not sure what the colours mean, but a dead pin?
    BBM via BB Assistant not sending-bbm_whiteblue.png

Note that the pattern seems to be that the white ones start with 2.

Any thoughts?
    02-14-17 06:39 AM
    Wow that looks weird. Maybe let BBM know directly? There is a page I believe on www.bbm.com

Edit: http://help.bbm.com/en/support/tickets/new

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 10:30 AM
    I've been using the BB Assistant to send BBM's via voice (when driving) from my Q5 for some time...it has always worked. The past few days however, i've discovered a problem.

Turns out some of my messages are simply not being sent at all. They say they are sent, but do not appear in "real" bbm, nor the hub, and are never received: they just disappear. This occurs whenever I use the Assistant, regardless of by voice, or by typing on the actual device. A BBM to the same contact via the app works fine.

After some digging, I discovered something odd. My contacts seem to have 2 PIN's. Usually 1 is blue, and the other is white with an "invite to BBM line" next to them.

This contact shows 2 blue pins. Selecting the 2nd one takes me to a different person altogether.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbm_2blue.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	417432

This contact shows 1 white, 1 blue. I believe the blue one works, the white goes nowhere and that is what is picked up via the Assistant. Not sure what the colours mean, but a dead pin?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbm_whiteblue.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	417431

Note that the pattern seems to be that the white ones start with 2.

Any thoughts?
    Oh never mind. BBMtek is just bothered about ad revenue these days. Not anymore about a working and stable bug free app.
    02-17-17 07:12 AM
    I saw their support page redirected to Blackberry for BB10. In any case, what I've done is delete the 2nd pin number in the affected contacts, but...

• Have no idea how they got there
    • Have no idea what "white" vs"Blue" icons mean

Clearly something went wrong somewhere.
    02-17-17 12:14 PM
    I had same issues and resolve, problem is 2 bbm pin, you need to delete the bad and it'll fixed
    02-17-17 01:15 PM
    I had same issues and resolve, problem is 2 bbm pin, you need to delete the bad and it'll fixed
    That's what I've now done, but would love to know where the second pin came from. There's definitely a problem if it keeps saying it is sending messages but they go nowhere. Oh well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-17-17 07:38 PM