My response, totally.
    What's your opinion?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-18 09:05 AM
    It's overrated by some. It's security level by today standards is somewhere near zero.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    03-14-18 02:37 AM
    Over rated actually and unfortunately.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    03-14-18 03:28 AM
    BBM Consumer? No. BBM Enterprise? Yes.
    Consumer isn't secure and has no advantage over other apps. I ditched BBM a while ago, but I do love BBMoji. Glad you can use it with other apps and don't even need BBM installed.
    03-20-18 12:03 AM
    The BlackBerry 10 BBM experience was underrated but the Android one is overrated or maybe not but nothing special.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-30-18 03:33 PM
    What's BBM? LoL

BBM Channels and Stickers overrated but the old school BBM was where it was at.

Posted via CB10
    Got2GetAway likes this.
    03-30-18 04:07 PM
    BBM Consumer? No. BBM Enterprise? Yes.
    Consumer isn't secure and has no advantage over other apps. I ditched BBM a while ago, but I do love BBMoji. Glad you can use it with other apps and don't even need BBM installed.
    It has advantages for me. I really only use it with my wife because we use the group features with shared calendars and lists. I wish there was another messenger with these features, but I haven't found one yet. Do you know one? I could do it with separate apps, but we like that everything we share together is there in one app . BBM is getting worse and worse, though. Now it has a long pause when you tap on a shared photo for it to open. It's getting annoying.
    03-30-18 04:45 PM
    My response, totally.
    What's your opinion?

Posted via CB10
    Most IMs today feature end to end encryption (Telegram, Signal, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, iMessage, etc). BBM does not - unless you pay.
    03-30-18 05:00 PM
    So free BBM on 10 even not as good as imessager?
    04-02-18 03:09 AM
    So free BBM on 10 even not as good as imessager?
    In terms of security - that's correct.
    04-02-18 08:27 AM
    I will watch my words when I talk on BBM since now.

LOL
    04-02-18 03:47 PM
    It has advantages for me. I really only use it with my wife because we use the group features with shared calendars and lists. I wish there was another messenger with these features, but I haven't found one yet. Do you know one? I could do it with separate apps, but we like that everything we share together is there in one app . BBM is getting worse and worse, though. Now it has a long pause when you tap on a shared photo for it to open. It's getting annoying.
    I'm in the same spot. When my wife got a KEYone last year, we finally realized just how bad BBM is. Now we always use Telegram, but still have been using our two person BBM group for lists and calendar. Have you found a suitable option??

Typed on a beautiful piece of history
    06-13-18 10:11 PM
    No. Even my Indonesian contacts dont use it.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-18 12:52 PM
    For nostalgic BB fan reasons, we use it for a group in Spain. Just seems right. didn't realise security was so bad. kind of flies in the face of what Blackberry is synonymous with.
    08-18-18 05:40 AM
    And Threema imessenger?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-18 05:55 AM
    And Threema imessenger?

Posted via CB10
    Threema is a solid option.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    08-18-18 04:41 PM
    Is another better option like Threema?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-18 05:10 PM
    Threema is a solid option.
    I use different secure messengers (not WhatsApp!) and I prefer Threema.
    08-18-18 05:12 PM
    Most IMs today feature end to end encryption (Telegram, Signal, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, iMessage, etc). BBM does not - unless you pay.
    If you've got time could you elaborate on that? It's opened up a can or worms on our Spanish chat group.
    That is, on the Internet it says it has three layers of security and more stuff.
    Is there a difference between the BBmo android and BB10 versions in terms of security?
    If we want full encrypted security how do we get it?
    Thanks!
    09-14-18 08:14 AM
    Frankly, we NEVER got started with BBM.

In Canada we tend to use text (SMS) because it's completely cross-platform and nearly every carrier offers free texting with nearly every plan.
    09-14-18 08:35 AM
    If you've got time could you elaborate on that? It's opened up a can or worms on our Spanish chat group.
    That is, on the Internet it says it has three layers of security and more stuff.
    Is there a difference between the BBmo android and BB10 versions in terms of security?
    If we want full encrypted security how do we get it?
    Thanks!
    No difference between BB10 regular BBM and Emtek BBM in terms of security.

The only way to get end-to-end encryption is to upgrade and pay for BBM Enterprise.

Of course BBM Enterprise doesn't have groups, so....
    09-14-18 08:39 AM
    No difference between BB10 regular BBM and Emtek BBM in terms of security.

The only way to get end-to-end encryption is to upgrade and pay for BBM Enterprise.

Of course BBM Enterprise doesn't have groups, so....

BBM Enterprise has groups.

But if your group includes BBM consumer contacts, it limited in features (no file share for example).

But if the group only contains other Enterprise contacts, then it has more options.

As for BBM Consumer on BB10 v BBM Consumer by Emtek on android/iOS. BB10 consumer is still maintained by BB in Canada, on local servers, just like Enterprise.
    09-14-18 06:49 PM
    BBM Enterprise has groups.

But if your group includes BBM consumer contacts, it limited in features (no file share for example).

But if the group only contains other Enterprise contacts, then it has more options.

As for BBM Consumer on BB10 v BBM Consumer by Emtek on android/iOS. BB10 consumer is still maintained by BB in Canada, on local servers, just like Enterprise.
    By groups, I mean the regular enhanced groups.

I don't really see any difference between the servers. A lot of people use the Google Cloud without any concern. Frankly it's probably more stable and more reliable.
    09-14-18 07:23 PM
    By groups, I mean the regular enhanced groups.

I don't really see any difference between the servers. A lot of people use the Google Cloud without any concern. Frankly it's probably more stable and more reliable.
    So BBM android data is held on Google servers?

For me, the big question is why BB hasn't made the consumer IM more secure, just because BB is synonymous with security.
    Is it a question of the investment they want to make?
    09-14-18 11:37 PM
    So BBM android data is held on Google servers?

For me, the big question is why BB hasn't made the consumer IM more secure, just because BB is synonymous with security.
    Is it a question of the investment they want to make?
    Because BlackBerry doesn't run consumer BBM anymore. They have licenced it to Emtek in Indonesia.

BlackBerry only worries about BBM Enterprise, which is part of their Enterprise suite.
    09-15-18 12:12 AM
54 123