OK here is a stumper.

I've got two Bold 9790's in front of me, both on BBOS 7.1 both on the same carrier Orange UK, both with a BlackBerry data plan, both with the latest version of BlackBerry World installed.

One of the phones was able to install BBM version 8 from BlackBerry World just as you'd expect.

One of them can't download it from BlackBerry World. In BlackBerry World the page for BlackBerry Messenger says "Unavailable for this device".

I've Security Wiped and reloaded the OS, done ResetToFactory with JavaLoader Commander, tried 3 different BlackBerry IDs, reset BlackBerry World with ALT+RST but nothing has worked.

How can it be unavailable for one 9790 but available for another identical 9790?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 02:56 PM
    11-30-13 03:00 PM
    I've tried 3 different BlackBerry IDs, one of them I've just created today. Don't see how changing the email address for the ID after I've just created it will affect anything.

Also if I sign in on the other 9790 where version 8 is available ok with any of the IDs I've tried it is still available ok. So it doesn't appear to be ID related.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 03:04 PM
    I've tried 3 different BlackBerry IDs, one of them I've just created today. Don't see how changing the email address for the ID after I've just created it will affect anything.

Also if I sign in on the other 9790 where version 8 is available ok with any of the IDs I've tried it is still available ok. So it doesn't appear to be ID related.

Posted via CB10
    Are they on the same firmware? ? Bbid could get dodgy sometime
    11-30-13 03:13 PM
    Are they on the same firmware? ? Bbid could get dodgy sometime
    Yes, both on BBOS 7.1.0.714

Both have the latest BlackBerry ID version which you have to install after reloading the OS (which was also done on the 9790 where version 8 is available).

I just tried changing the email address in one of the BlackBerry IDs just for the hell of it, it didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 12-13-13 at 01:44 PM.
    11-30-13 03:21 PM
    Sending from Bbw directly while logged in using such bbid doesn't work?
    11-30-13 03:32 PM
    11-30-13 03:43 PM
    Sending from Bbw directly while logged in using such bbid doesn't work?
    Sending? Sending what from BB World?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 03:44 PM
    Thanks for the link that might come in useful!

I've spotted a strange difference in BlackBerry World between the two phones. On the phone where version 8 is unavailable if I search for BBM it does not show in the results. I have to search for BlackBerry Messenger for it to show in the results.

BBM also doesn't show up in Categories under Social / Instant Messaging. It's as if BBM is invisible to this phone in BlackBerry World.

On the phone where BBM version 8 is available I can search for BBM and it shows in the results ok. Both phones are on the latest version of BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 03:47 PM
    Sending? Sending what from BB World?

Posted via CB10
    Sending BBM from the desktop Bbw site on desktop clicking install
    11-30-13 03:52 PM
    Sending BBM from the desktop Bbw site on desktop clicking install
    I'll try it.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 03:57 PM
    Ok so from the BlackBerry World website when I login with the ID the phone is using I either get Internal Serve Error or I get as far as clicking Download on BBM with the phone plugged in to the computer but it says "Click the Sync button to begin" but there is no Sync button.

Then it seems to timeout and I get Internal Server Error again.

BlackBerry's websites are always hopeless.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 04:14 PM
    Ok so from the BlackBerry World website when I login with the ID the phone is using I either get Internal Serve Error or I get as far as clicking Download on BBM with the phone plugged in to the computer but it says "Click the Sync button to begin" but there is no Sync button.

Then it seems to timeout and I get Internal Server Error again.

BlackBerry's websites are always hopeless.

Posted via CB10
    Use the files I gave you then. Got it from my 9900

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    11-30-13 04:38 PM
    I wanted to see if I could get it installed through BlackBerry World as installing it manually won't show updates when they're available.

But I've been defeated so far so I've installed your extracted files for version 8, thanks very much for for posting them.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 06:40 AM
    If you name the files as it is shown, a then it should update
    12-01-13 07:10 AM
    It's not showing as an installed app in BlackBerry World but we'll see what happens next time there's an update.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 09:27 AM
    I found the fix for why BBM wasn't showing in BlackBerry World.

It was this:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 09:51 AM