Hey I just switched from android back to bb10 and for some reason when setting up BBM on my bb10 phone I get an error message saying Temporary server error please try again. Well I tried again for 2 days. Rebooted, factory reset, tried another bb10 phone and same error. This has been ongoing for 2 days..... any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    inenaga2002 likes this.
    08-30-17 06:27 PM
    It appears that BBM can no longer be switched from a n Android device to a BB10 device. https://www.berryreporter.com/bbm-no...ry-10-devices/
    08-30-17 08:15 PM
    Omg!!!! I would not have bought this phone if I knew that!
    08-30-17 08:32 PM
    Thanks for your reply BTW!
    08-30-17 08:34 PM
    It appears that BBM can no longer be switched from a n Android device to a BB10 device. https://www.berryreporter.com/bbm-no...ry-10-devices/
    This is correct and has been confirmed by Emtek and BlackBerry
    08-30-17 10:28 PM
    What is the reasoning behind this?
    08-30-17 10:37 PM
    long story but basically BlackBerry are looking after BB10 and Enterprise BBM, Emtek are handling Android and iOS BBM. two separate entities and now two separate servers handling databases
    08-31-17 07:39 AM
    I am SO GLAD I never set up BBM on my Priv that I double carry. That would have REALLY upset me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-31-17 07:48 AM
    What's really disconcerting is Emtek and Blackberry have the ability to push messages to our devices. A notice would have been nice for those of us that swap between BB10 and Android devices. "Hey you will no longer be able to switch after such and such a date" or something similarly responsible.
    swadarshan likes this.
    08-31-17 07:54 AM
    What's really disconcerting is Emtek and Blackberry have the ability to push messages to our devices. A notice would have been nice for those of us that swap between BB10 and Android devices. "Hey you will no longer be able to switch after such and such a date" or something similarly responsible.
    I agree 100%. My guess is that the deal between BlackBerry and Emtek was based on the assumption that non-enterprise BBM users would migrate from BB10 to Android or iOS and no provision was made to create a migration path from Emtek back to BB10 for consumers.

It certainly sucks though.

Now that I know, I will create a NEW BlackBerry ID when I migrate to Android. It's worth the effort to migrate my contacts to have the option of working on BB10 with my BBM contacts intact!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    rayporsche likes this.
    08-31-17 08:12 AM
    This is crazy. i frequently go back to my passport and keyone, now this will make me not use bbm.
    just will have to wait untill my keyone arrives back again (screen broke on it)
    Cant believe this, totally sucks!
    is there no other way at all, i dont understand why they would do this anyway?
    08-31-17 09:02 AM
    Interesting...

Data point here...

Last week I switched from Passport to K1 but had issues with the K1, 4 days later I switched back to the Passport! No problems...
    Then on Tuesday got my new replacement K1 and that night I switched back from Passport to the K1. With no issues...
    08-31-17 03:23 PM
    Interesting...

Data point here...

Last week I switched from Passport to K1 but had issues with the K1, 4 days later I switched back to the Passport! No problems...
    Then on Tuesday got my new replacement K1 and that night I switched back from Passport to the K1. With no issues...
    Correct. I believe the switch was thrown +/- Monday. As there was no published official announcement, we can only go by when the issues started to appear.
    08-31-17 03:35 PM
    And, for those who haven't seen CB article: https://crackberry.com/switching-dev...ign=navigation
    08-31-17 03:36 PM
    09-01-17 09:45 PM
    Only solution I can figure is create the new bbid, add your contacts then tell them to create a group chat with both your profiles in it. That way they don't have to guess which phone you are on..... doesn't get your purchases back but would make it bearable to use...
    09-03-17 07:26 AM
    Sucks, using the proper BBID for my store purchases and can't use bbm on my blackberry..... pretty dumb. Should have not changed without our knowledge
    09-04-17 04:54 PM
    The problem is deeper than you think. Listen to my experience today, on my KEYone.

I was using BBM flawlessly for many years using my BBID. In the past, I used to have a BBM Protected (Enterprise) account, which I cancelled years ago. They stopped charging me so I assumed it was cancelled. Today, I went to my BBM Protected website and it looked like it was still active, although I wasn't paying for it.

For the heck of it, I decided to re-install BBM Enterprise and see if I could login using my BBID. It worked. They I realised why I cancelled it (no stickers, groups, etc.), so I went back to BBM Consumer and logged in.

I'm getting a Temporary Server Error and can't get back in. I suspect that I have lost the use of BBM Consumer using my BBID!!!!!!! I reported this issue.

What a nightmare! No access to my groups, stickers, chat history!!!!

How can BlackBerry get away with this nonsense?! I'm angry.
    rayporsche likes this.
    09-06-17 03:27 PM
    I really can't believe this. First off why? It was working great switching between BB10 and Android. Second why no notice? Man oh man.
    09-19-17 08:51 PM
    Heck, the biggest surprise is that I can't use my bbid on my passport any more to login to BBM. Seems the only way to use BBM on passport again is to create new bbid and loose all of my paid apps. ridiculous!
    09-20-17 12:22 AM
    OK I just saw this today when I decided to switch back to my Passport from my Android device. What the .........!
    I cannot believe that they have done this and I want to know if this change has occurred before and statement by Blackberry has been put out to the public. This is very disgraceful and seems like a betrayal. They should have sent through BBM a notice to all about these changes.

Now I have my BBM locked in my android device and my Passport has all my paid apps associated with my Blackberry ID but no BBM to use on it.
    OK does that make any sense at all?
    09-28-17 08:39 AM
    Correct. I believe the switch was thrown +/- Monday. As there was no published official announcement, we can only go by when the issues started to appear.
    You've got to be kidding me right now!!!
    OMG this is not right. I think it's time to cut all my Blackberry subscriptions.

Definition:
    -Blackberry = "tell someone who cares"
    09-28-17 09:07 AM
    I cannot believe that they have done this and I want to know if this change has occurred before and statement by Blackberry has been put out to the public. This is very disgraceful and seems like a betrayal. They should have sent through BBM a notice to all about these changes.

Now I have my BBM locked in my android device and my Passport has all my paid apps associated with my Blackberry ID but no BBM to use on it.
    OK does that make any sense at all?
    Seems like a terrible way to treat loyal, long-time customers. Maybe you should take your business elsewhere.
    swadarshan likes this.
    09-28-17 09:09 AM
    That’s right. You can go from bb10 to Android, but never back. They did this months ago but it wasn’t announced till way after it actually happened
    09-28-17 09:10 AM
    Seems like a terrible way to treat loyal, long-time customers. Maybe you should take your business elsewhere.
    Trust me I am
    09-28-17 09:23 AM
112 123 ...