Hi,

I'm trying to switch my BBM over to my new BlackBerry Leap using "Restore using email". When I do this and I use my email address associated with my BBM account on my old phone, I get an error message (see attachment). Is there a restriction that the bbid needs to be the same between devices?

I've tried device switch and it doesn't work at all. It always gets hung up on the contacts upload from my old device (just spins for hours).

I can't use Link because my new device is a work phone with certain restrictions.

Thanks for your help.

Jake
    BBM switch between 2 different BBIDs-img_20150623_102549.png

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 09:45 AM
    you need to use the BBID you have associated with your new phone. You can't use device switch to copy over the data?
    06-23-15 10:14 AM
    It's so archaic...why can't you use BBM on multiple devices simultaneously? It's like Blackberry is living in the past when people had only one device. I stopped using BBM because I can't use it on my Passport as well as my iPad, computer and other devices. It's really amazing it's still a one device program that can only be active on a single device.
    06-23-15 10:22 AM
    Great techno-guy, thanks for the rant.

Unfortunately device switch keeps getting hung up on the same number when copying contact data. (i.e. 558 of 564 - every time the same number. I've left it for even 2 hrs once and it didn't move off that number)

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 11:46 AM
    It's so archaic...why can't you use BBM on multiple devices simultaneously? It's like Blackberry is living in the past when people had only one device. I stopped using BBM because I can't use it on my Passport as well as my iPad, computer and other devices. It's really amazing it's still a one device program that can only be active on a single device.
    That's what Blend is for.

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    06-23-15 02:59 PM
    Hi,

I'm trying to switch my BBM over to my new BlackBerry Leap using "Restore using email". When I do this and I use my email address associated with my BBM account on my old phone, I get an error message (see attachment). Is there a restriction that the bbid needs to be the same between devices?

I've tried device switch and it doesn't work at all. It always gets hung up on the contacts upload from my old device (just spins for hours).

I can't use Link because my new device is a work phone with certain restrictions.

Thanks for your help.

Jake
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150623_102549.png 
Views:	225 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	359095

Posted via CB10
    Your bbm is associated with your bbid. You need to move your old bbid to the new phone and bbm will then move with it. If you setup a new bbid on the new device, I know of no way to move a preexisting bbm from another bbid onto it so you'd have to reset it and start from scratch and use your old bbid.
    If you want to keep old device active you have choice of sharing bbid between, though you will have to keep relogging in to move bbm back and forth between, and they used to limit how many times you could transfer in a short perioud of time. Or you move all you data to new device, then clear the old device, setup on a new bbid and you can still sync you old email on it as email account syncing is separate from bbid services such as BlackBerry world and bbm

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    06-23-15 03:05 PM