Hi all,

I found a few posts of the problem in the forums but no solution as well as no detailed problem description.

My BlackBerry Messenger suddenly closed during a chat yesterday. When I reopened the the app it asked me to go through setup again. When choosing setup it first says it would associate the BlackBerry ID with BBM and the shows a circle saying "Restoring your BBM information". That screen stays for an hour followed by an Internal Server error message.

BBM texts are still displayed and updated in the HUB but can not be accessed. Playbook video chat still works but does not send my videostream.

I have a z10 10.1 MR approx. 20 bbm contacts and I am currently on a trip abroad with data service deactivated only using wifi. Reboots/ battery pull did not help. Few other people seem to have the same issue recently. Any ideas anybody?

All I can see as solution now is a full device wipe, as something might have gone bad with local settings during the app crash. (Server issue would create more noise on cb

Cheers and thanks for any hints

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 01:06 AM
    Works again now, Stil no idea what happened...

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 05:15 AM
    I have switched devices, from a z10 to z10 due to a charging pilot issue. Now on the new phone is giving me the internal sever error and won't import any of my contacts and I can't use BBM at all. Anyone have any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:49 AM
    Just called BlackBerry, worse customer service ever, didn't help at all.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 02:57 PM
    My BBM went down last Monday after asking me to login with BlackBerry I'd. Took ages to restore. Since then have not been able to send messages over network. Wifi works. EE uk say it's BlackBerry and BlackBerry told me today to speak to network provider. BlackBerry Europe say they are not aware of issues. Customer service at BlackBerry rubbish. I am on Z10. Any ideas folk?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:44 AM
    Mine has been down for four days now. I rang ee UK and they said it's a known problem for BlackBerry and they are trying to fix it but haven't released any comments yet. BlackBerry are getting worse

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:58 AM
    When I sent a tweet to BlackBerry help

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 12:15 AM
    They were fast to ask for the PIN. My BBM had recovered by then though...

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 12:17 AM
    I just got the same problem. Any word on how to fix it?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 07:50 AM
    My sister has the BlackBerry 9300, when she updated the BBM she cannot open it anymore, it says always server cannot find...so annoying we cannot exchange message anymore..anyone can help how to restore her BBM?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 10:03 AM
    I'm having the same problem, it's been a n hour now. Should I keep it running or can I close it?? I don't want to have to start all over if it takes a few hours!!!
    08-28-13 10:06 AM
    Have the same issue just now, how do we go about this problem?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 09:57 PM
    Same problem, no solution yet

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 12:20 AM
    My issue was that on my original device I had installed BBM Channels. When I went to get things going on the new device, I hadn't installed it. Well I did that first and voil worked like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    AfterHoursWelds likes this.
    09-11-13 05:51 PM
    This happened to me a few days ago. The problem happened when I refreshed my Hub with the five stroke method in the top-right corner. When I would open BBM, it would go through the setup and restore contacts. After a short while, it would say the connection to BBM server had failed. This would happen repeatedly and BBM would never stay running. It would revert back to setup or could not connect at all to BBM. SOLUTION: I reinstalled my phone using BlackBerry Link and reluctantly upgraded to the new OS version. Problem solved. Phone works great. Fortunately, I backed up my phone a few days ago. I noticed one of my phone contacts was missing though. She texted me today and I was like, who is this?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 12:29 PM
    My issue was that on my original device I had installed BBM Channels. When I went to get things going on the new device, I hadn't installed it. Well I did that first and voil worked like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe that's what has been keeping me off of bbm for the past month. I'm going to give that a try.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 01:16 PM
    I tried installing the latest channels update and now my BBM works again.

Thanks a lot, you were much more helpful than blackberry and Telus.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 01:39 PM