Long story short, I was loyal BB user, but took a sabbatical for 5 years (after using the Storm) and just moved back with the KEYone. Couldn't be happier.

On to the question at hand...

None of my friends or colleagues are using BBM and it seems to have changed since the last time I was a BB user.

I'm curious if any of you still find BBM relevant? If so, how are you using it?

Thanks ahead for any suggestions/opinions!
    Xeak likes this.
    07-25-17 09:33 PM
    Hasn't been relevant in years. I have one contact I talk to regularly on BBM but that's it. It's useless to try to get people to use it these days. If you have contacts already, then great.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 09:50 PM
    That's what I figured. Thanks
    07-25-17 09:59 PM
    I have half a contact left on BBM. It's hanging by a thread
    07-25-17 10:31 PM
    And I'm the opposite. I have a ton of contacts and chat with around a dozen daily, along with a few groups. I share a group with my girlfriend, so we can easily track events and share lists. There are channels I check daily. It's my preferred choice of smartphone communication.
    Relevance is in the eye of the beholder.
    Got2GetAway, ObiGeorge and koesn like this.
    07-25-17 10:45 PM
    It's only relevant if one has a network built up already, i.e. they've been using it for years. I used to use it, but after some technical issues and feature disparities I've moved to Telegram exclusively.
    07-25-17 10:56 PM
    And I'm the opposite. I have a ton of contacts and chat with around a dozen daily, along with a few groups. I share a group with my girlfriend, so we can easily track events and share lists. There are channels I check daily. It's my preferred choice of smartphone communication.
    Same with me, BBM Groups and Channels (more groups for me) and personal Contacts. Love BBM

I'm currently on the PRIV and still loyal with Passport SE
    07-26-17 12:10 PM
    I forced everyone to communicate with me over BBM. All incoming calls are blocked and all incoming texts are blocked. Any time a person used either method to contact me, they receive a message in return letting them know that my line is BBM only with my pin. Got rid of a lot of folks and only the close ones are on board!

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 04:40 PM
    I forced everyone to communicate with me over BBM. All incoming calls are blocked and all incoming texts are blocked. Any time a person used either method to contact me, they receive a message in return letting them know that my line is BBM only with my pin. Got rid of a lot of folks and only the close ones are on board!

Posted via CB10
    Must be fun being a hermit, eh?
    Xeak likes this.
    07-27-17 02:55 AM
    +1 except in my case I have contacts who have BBM because they want to communicate with me and using BBM is the condition, and I use BBM Enterprise

I also use a Passport. The day will come when I have to do something else, and there's an even chance I will stop using BBM or BBM Enterprise when that time comes. I don't know what message app I'll use then.
    07-27-17 06:48 AM
    I'm trying out whatsapp, and let me tell you wt@ they've copied bbm , how is it no one is using bbm , so one more thing is whatsapp more secure then bbm???
    08-04-17 01:48 PM
    Strange.

I have never used BBM - was going to try and get some people signed up when the iOS and Android versions were released, but in Canada here (EH!) text is unlimited with any cell plan I've ever come across.

So, between text and FB Messenger I've never used BBM. Just wasn't relevant.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    08-04-17 03:14 PM
    5 years ago I had 1 friend on BBM and now I've the same friend.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-17 01:30 PM
    I have half a contact left on BBM. It's hanging by a thread
    Hey, must have the other half.
    08-16-17 06:47 PM
    I'm trying out whatsapp, and let me tell you wt@ they've copied bbm , how is it no one is using bbm , so one more thing is whatsapp more secure then bbm???
    Yes, BBM is not secure. WhatsApp is end-to-end encrypted.
    09-01-17 10:57 PM
    I still have many contacts but whenever they get a new phone they tend to not bother using bbm again. Essentially bbm is a dying breed for me. I'm using signal for my text and messaging app. secure and simple with no FB mining my metadata.
    09-13-17 05:34 AM
    I still have many contacts but whenever they get a new phone they tend to not bother using bbm again. Essentially bbm is a dying breed for me. I'm using signal for my text and messaging app. secure and simple with no FB mining my metadata.
    I'm using Signal. Do messages get deleted from Signal when you delete them in the Hub (and vice versa)? Mine don't.
    09-13-17 07:23 AM
    I'm using Signal. Do messages get deleted from Signal when you delete them in the Hub (and vice versa)? Mine don't.
    Nope. Signal integration with hub is terrible. It's a start but leaves much to be desired.

If u delete the notification in hub it doesn't delete your chat in signal.

Hope that helps clarify
    Wmsi likes this.
    09-13-17 07:27 AM
    BBM has become totally irrelevant with ever more bloatware being added - one of the reasons why it takes so long to start up these days. it was such a great messenger service in its day, but it seems to have been taken over by incompetent developers who jump from one disaster to another. the reason whatsapp has become so popular because it does one thing, and one thing well. Same as Telegraph, another great chat app that does exactly what a chat app should do - offer clean, clear simple and secure chat in a slick package.

BBM is now burdened down with hotel bookings, news, football, advertising, and those ridiculous channels that are full of absolute junk. How could Blackberry have let one of their most recognisable products be reduced to absolute junk. such a shame.
    09-24-17 04:39 PM
    I have been getting bored of BBM. I still have over 15 active contacts. I even have the group from work using it. But all its OK at doing is chat. I have a few friend who have been trying out Allo. It's nice because its different. I can change the chat theme but most important of all....I have GIFs. They make every conversation that much better. I tried whatsapp years ago, but haven't tried it since. If only there was a messaging app that could figure how to do SMS and Data messaging smoothly. Like Imessage but without all the no texts going through. Its just tough getting everyone to change over. SMS is available on everyones phone making it easy, but its unreliable. Then there are those who don't want to deal with a second messaging app. Its really a hard thing to figure out for an Android user. So many options..
    09-25-17 08:59 PM
    I have been getting bored of BBM. I still have over 15 active contacts. I even have the group from work using it. But all its OK at doing is chat. I have a few friend who have been trying out Allo. It's nice because its different. I can change the chat theme but most important of all....I have GIFs. They make every conversation that much better. I tried whatsapp years ago, but haven't tried it since. If only there was a messaging app that could figure how to do SMS and Data messaging smoothly. Like Imessage but without all the no texts going through. Its just tough getting everyone to change over. SMS is available on everyones phone making it easy, but its unreliable. Then there are those who don't want to deal with a second messaging app. Its really a hard thing to figure out for an Android user. So many options..
    U should try signal as it also functions as your text sms app. The more android users that make it the default sms app essentially create an imessage equivalent in that anyone else using signal automatically secures and enhances your chats with them
    09-25-17 10:37 PM
    I still have over 30 contacts on bbm. I open bbm and telegram frequently and just open whatsapp rarely. Dont like facebook things.

So my friends even my boss knew if they text me via whatsapp, the msg still unread. Then they bbm me, and i will respond quickly.

I think bbm guys behind should overhaul its ux. Chat list and contact list are hard to read, the size are just too big and inconsistent. Discover screen isnt intuitive, why they dont make it on 2 columns table?

And...they force irrelevant things with no options to turn it on/off, such as chat wallpaper, tickmark R/D, grid layout contacts, etc.
    Last edited by koesn; 09-26-17 at 02:37 PM.
    09-26-17 02:25 PM