So as per BlackBerry Blog's post, in the new BBM update, HQ images will transferred by default.
    This means:
    Longer time to send an image
    Your data usage will definitely go up
    This is nothing but crazy!
    Instead of focusing on things like multiple pictures transfer at once they are doing such crazy stuff.
    It's not crazy only if u have the option to toggle it off.
    Sorry BBM, but I am really disappointed. Whatsapp is WAY better when it comes to transferring pictures. Not only does it not compress an image too much, it also allows u to send multiple pictures at once. I loved the HQ as an option, definitely won't love it as default.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    10-03-14 01:04 PM
    If it sends it in High Quality by default im sure there is probably some sort of option to also have it compress the quality by default as well. Don't get too bent out of shape. This has still be a highly requested feature. Hopefully when the next big BBM update rolls out, they will allow us to send more than one photo at a time
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-03-14 02:08 PM
    If it sends it in High Quality by default im sure there is probably some sort of option to also have it compress the quality by default as well. Don't get too bent out of shape. This has still be a highly requested feature. Hopefully when the next big BBM update rolls out, they will allow us to send more than one photo at a time
    'hopefully'. I like the automatic feature, as long as it's an option.
    10-03-14 03:45 PM
    Default... implies that you can turn it off.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    10-03-14 03:49 PM
    There is an option to turn it off.
    10-03-14 03:49 PM
    So as per BlackBerry Blog's post, in the new BBM update, HQ images will transferred by default.
    This means:
    Instead of focusing on things like multiple pictures transfer at once they are doing such crazy stuff.
    Sorry BBM, but I am really disappointed. Whatsapp is WAY better when it comes to transferring pictures. Not only does it not compress an image too much, it also allows u to send multiple pictures at once. I loved the HQ as an option, definitely won't love it as default.
    Toggle switch. No worries.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 05:26 PM
    This means:
    It is the RECEIVER that has the option to receive HQ transfers automatically by default.

Not the SENDER!

And the RECEIVER has an option for it or not.

"New Features - Explore the improved sticker picker, auto transfer of HQ photos and Rate BBM! Try receiving a picture from a friend to see the improved photo quality and make note of your likes/dislikes with the new feature."

BBM still can't get their media transfer right!-img_20141003_173150.png

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 06:19 PM
    It is the RECEIVER that has the option to receive HQ transfers automatically by default.

Not the SENDER!

And the RECEIVER has an option for it or not.

"New Features - Explore the improved sticker picker, auto transfer of HQ photos and Rate BBM! Try receiving a picture from a friend to see the improved photo quality and make note of your likes/dislikes with the new feature."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141003_173150.png 
Views:	798 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	302939

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for this!
    10-03-14 10:50 PM
    They should just compress the image a little less! Why is it a 45 KB or a 3 MB option? Why can't the low quality be a little better ( less compressed) ?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 10:43 AM
    Blimey, to think we had a thread a little while ago moaning that you couldn't do this.

No matter what they offer, some will find a reason to complain about it.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    10-04-14 10:49 AM
    They should just compress the image a little less! Why is it a 45 KB or a 3 MB option? Why can't the low quality be a little better ( less compressed) ?

Posted via CB10
    Yes that would be PERFECT.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    10-04-14 11:42 AM
    Blimey, to think we had a thread a little while ago moaning that you couldn't do this.

Posted via CB10
    Since they are giving it as an option. Dont think anybody will moan about this.
    10-04-14 11:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    No one is moaning, we are all here trying to get better ideas to make BlackBerry a lot better, would you want what I said in the post above yours or would like to wait 2 minutes for a picture transfer?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 08:30 AM
    No one is moaning, we are all here trying to get better ideas to make BlackBerry a lot better, would you want what I said in the post above yours or would like to wait 2 minutes for a picture transfer?

Posted via CB10
    See thread title.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 04:32 PM
    This means:
    I'm on the BBM beta program. Yes you can toggle the default to off if you don't want to receive HQ pictures. Instead of always posting negative, why don't you do a proper research or ask a question before you assume the worst. Your glass always half empty?

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.3.0.1154
    dietertong likes this.
    10-05-14 05:30 PM
    This means:
    There's an option dude. Don't worry, look at some of the other forums.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 12:29 PM