Someone made a comment in another thread that BBM team had largely been let go, and they were only doing maintenance. (I can't find the thread now, it was about a month ago, just getting around to posting this now.) Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

<rant>
    I love BBM, but am growing frustrated with it. Lack of x-platform video, spam invites, dwindling number of friends using it, losing the security race, app-updates signing out friends, etc.

It is also hard to defend it to friends with the ridiculous decisions made by the BBM team: channels (with rss, twitter, reddit did they really think this would take off?), feeds (who is excited to see a list of profile changes made by friends?), stickers costing more than apps, advertisements, paid subscriptions for features already present in messaging platforms with larger user bases, etc.

God when I think they could have use the hours from the spam team, channels team, feeds team, and put that effort towords x-platform video....

Still like BBM, and wish more people used it...
    </rant>

Sorry, this was supposed to be a question about whether they are still working on BBM, or in maintenance mode, but I got sidetracked by a rant. So does anyone know the BBM team's status?
    01-15-16 11:42 AM
    Of course they are still working on BBM, wasn't it updated a month or so ago?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 12:53 PM
    Android version was updated as recently as Jan 7, but as far as I can tell, it is all just maintenance, and adding sticker packs.
    01-15-16 12:57 PM
    Android version was updated as recently as Jan 7, but as far as I can tell, it is all just maintenance, and adding sticker packs.
    What about that location request feature?
    You'll have to excuse my lack of feature knowledge on BBM, it's just a waste of memory for me

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 01:07 PM
    Sticker packs are added regardless of an update.

Last release there was requesting a Glympse, iOS and Android has chat shred and deleting local messages. Also brought in retract features in MPC and group chats.

Keep in mind they're working a lot on BBM Protected as well with enterprise features.
    01-15-16 01:22 PM