It would be a lot more intuitive if the user could simply select the size of emoticons when used, as opposed to having to select between emoticons and stickers.

Some emoticons (with variable size) could still be sold. I wonder if BBRY decided to go with this separate option (stickers) so that it was easier to monetize. As for me, I would still buy some (sizable) emoticons, but if it was a bit more seamless, the bbm experience as a whole would greatly benefit.

Also of note is that while emoticons can be inserted and part of a sentence, stickers are somehow separate object, for which the status reads: sticker sent. I would much rather just see my sentence with the emoticon, and know what I sent.

My two cents anyway,
    04-01-14 05:48 PM
    All things we considered when testing, for sure. Thanks for your input.
    bizzarothor likes this.
    04-01-14 06:17 PM
    All things we considered when testing, for sure. Thanks for your input.
    So this was captured somehow through beta testing? Why was it not addressed by BBRY then?

I feel kind of slow to come to the party kind of thing but good to hear I am not the only one feeling this way.
    04-01-14 06:25 PM
    Emoticon sizing should be independent of font sizing as well. Currently emoticons are too small and people complain about it.

Easy fix: Emoticons are properly sized when you go to their "drawer" to pick one, so either keep that size in the message or scale it by around 20% down.
    bizzarothor likes this.
    04-02-14 03:53 AM