Why do I need to be notified when new ones are available.. Is there any way of disabling this stupid feature and especially notifications of it.
    Erik_1991 and Jamfox like this.
    09-06-14 09:56 AM
    Could be a few reasons.

1) BlackBerry uses it to make money. They wouldn't want you to turn it off.

2) BlackBerry is busy working on other features and fixes. They may have it on their list, but it's just too little reward for the works, so it's low priority.

3) They may not have thought about an option to disable it!

Or they have some other reason for this. I'm mostly upset about not being able to remove stickers that are purchased.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 10:00 AM
    Agree with the TS the stickers are a wast of time and money.. I really don't see the use of that BS. Would love to turn them off as well!

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.2.1531
    09-06-14 10:03 AM
    Well if stickers are BS, then how else can they hope to make money off BBM? Everything is BS to some people. Just cause you don't have a use for it doesn't make it worthless...

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh and sk8er_tor like this.
    09-06-14 11:52 AM
    Sell phones, stop bombarding a person who bought blackberry phones. Harass iOS and android people with it that downloaded bbm. I don't know a single user that every bought or uses them. I paid bb for my phone, I use to pay for bbos usage.. Leave me alone with this stupid childish stuff ....
    09-06-14 02:15 PM
    Maybe it's use to somebody.. but isn't this some MSN age stuff that almost no one uses? Maybe it will be a nice poll for CrackBerry to see how many people use those stickers. I don't want to trash talk on BlackBerry, don't get me wrong! But I really don't see the value of the stickers that have constant releases of new packs while my neighbour has never heard anything about BlackBerry10.. isn't it wise to stop spending money om some childish stuff ( it's a business company right? ) and start spending that money to get a newspaper page in every newspaper around the globe that the BlackBerry PassPort is coming.. not just Canada..

diehardbbuser and nah.uhh like this.
    09-06-14 05:17 PM
    Sell phones, stop bombarding a person who bought blackberry phones. Harass iOS and android people with it that downloaded bbm. I don't know a single user that every bought or uses them. I paid bb for my phone, I use to pay for bbos usage.. Leave me alone with this stupid childish stuff ....
    Their competitors make profit on selling you advertising and taking a loss on the phone. What do you propose that they do?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 05:58 PM
    Their competitors make profit on selling you advertising and taking a loss on the phone. What do you propose that they do?

Posted via CB10
    Give the option to not force me to hit shopping cart to get rid of msg in my hub that a new sticker is available... Ridiculous. Especially for the business minded users, stickers... Makes me feel like bbm is a toy and not one of the best msging solutions out there.

As for monetizing, that's what I thought channels was for, just because they haven't figured out how to make money.. Pushing spam to us is plan wrong. If I choose to click an ad, that's my business but forcing me via updates in a shopping cart is in very poor taste for a b2b company trying to gain lost market share. I subscribe to a channel that does that, I have the choice to keep it or remove it.. Not so with with this sticker madness.
    09-07-14 09:00 PM
    I love stickers.

Powered by BB10
    09-07-14 09:40 PM
    I have to agree. Not very professional in my opinion. I think they would make alot more money if they had BlackBerry accessories there instead. We can get notified when a new case or battery bundle hits the market or even a new business app that was just approved instead of stickers that belong on a toys r us website

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    Erik_1991 and Jamfox like this.
    09-07-14 09:50 PM
    Totally agree!

09-08-14 12:29 AM
    the next and current young business people are those who are born in the playstation era.
    BlackBerry is focusing their business phone to these next generations.
    the Gen X and Gen Y doesn't mind stickers because they were born with yahoo messenger, google talk and bbm.
    they grew up with emoticons and stickers. and some became successful businessmen.
    i don't think they mind having stickers on bbm as long as it doesn't interfere with their workflow.

heck, i personally knew some Gen Y business owners who came back from work and find themselves behind Dota and Warcrafts.
    if they don't know what those are, you're too old and stickers are not for you.
    it's for the next generation business people.

besides, go to hub > overflow > settings > hub management > notifications > select 'show in separate account only'.
    done?
    the next time there's notifications coming in, just go to the notifications and tap 'clear all'.
    case close.
    09-08-14 01:35 AM
    Surprise Sticker = $$$ I currently have 17 sticker packs. I send pictures to my niece and she loves them. Sometimes we will only send a sticker and message is conveyed with out words very cool.
    09-08-14 02:14 AM
    I think BBM Stickers are BlackBerry's answer to Emoji.
    09-08-14 08:05 AM
    I have to agree. Not very professional in my opinion. I think they would make alot more money if they had BlackBerry accessories there instead. We can get notified when a new case or battery bundle hits the market or even a new business app that was just approved instead of stickers that belong on a toys r us website

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    There is a BBM app either coming out or already out for B2B, which I doubt will contain stickers . Although I don't use them other than to communicate with my 11 year old daughter and would never purchase any, I think stickers is a great idea because it targets a younger crowd and a lot of iPhone and Android's success comes from that market group. Also, unlike WhatsApp, BBM is free, it doesn't contain advertising banners and itbdoesn't have advertising pop ups like many of the Android apps out there. So if keeping BBM banner and pop up free and not having to pay for a subscription means having stickers, then so be it. With all due respect to everyone's opinion I think complaining about stickers is just making a mountain out of a mole hill. Maybe BlackBerry should give us an option to disable sticker or sticker notifications, but surely there are more important things, at least in my book, they should be doing when it comes to BBM. Like adding Video Chat cross platform, updating BBM for those poor Windows users', giving us the option to share media and files in Multi-Chat and Group Chats, allowing for uploading multiple pictures. Or how about just making the service a bit more reliable on all platforms including BlackBerry. There is something we should be complaining about, instead of stickers. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    09-08-14 01:23 PM
    I really don't mind stickers and use them on rare occasion. My problem is that I installed a couple of packs really just to see what they were but now i find I have to scroll through stickers that I'll never use which makes the experience less user friendly. I also won't buy or get any more untill I can remove the undesirable ones, it's already cluttered.
    10-03-14 08:16 AM
    I also have somo sticker packs installed and some of them I don't want to use anymore. I would like to delete, uninstall or disable them but I havent found how. I think it should be an option. I'm not buying more sticker packs because it will make it worse. If I could get rid of the packs I don't longer want then I would consider buying new ones.
    10-31-14 12:35 PM
    I also have somo sticker packs installed and some of them I don't want to use anymore. I would like to delete, uninstall or disable them but I havent found how. I think it should be an option. I'm not buying more sticker packs because it will make it worse. If I could get rid of the packs I don't longer want then I would consider buying new ones.
    BBOS latest update had the ability to remove sticker packs. Hopefully that means it's coming soon for bb10

OS 10.3.1.1016: destructive 821 > upgrade 800 > upgrade 938 > delta 1016
    10-31-14 01:38 PM
    There is a lot of talk here about the merits or otherwise of these stickers, but the point is that they have removed choice. If you like the stickers that's fine but if you don't you should have the option to remove them or at least not be bothered by them. Forcing this stuff on people will not help generate revenue, it will only alienate people and force then away from the platform.
    03-23-15 12:29 PM