i have an s3 interantional version my BBM is so lagy how can i resolve this plzzz help me
    02-26-14 11:10 AM
    i have an s3 interantional version my BBM is so lagy how can i resolve this plzzz help me
    Get rid of android....
    Lol jk jk how much memory is free on your device?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 11:13 AM
    8.78 GB free storage
    02-26-14 11:21 AM
    8.78 GB free storage
    And how is the ram usage? How many apps do you have running in the background ?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 11:32 AM
    716 MB and 8 apps are running
    02-26-14 11:34 AM
    How many groups are you in?

From my White Z30
    02-26-14 11:36 AM
    im not in any group
    02-26-14 11:37 AM
    BBM tends to be laggy, it doesn't matter what Android device.

My Nexus 5 is a fast device and I keep things running efficiently by killing most processes from running in the background. I have plenty of free memory and storage left on it, yet BBM lags from time to time. Sometimes it stutters when navigating within it, and plenty of times I've launched BBM and am presented with a full white screen that does nothing... which forces me to close the task and launch again.

The problem is the app's just not developed with efficiency. It always using between 50 - 75MB of memory, and I only have 9 contacts... and don't use channels or anything. I keep it very simple.
    02-26-14 12:25 PM
    i want everyone to bare in mind if blackberry has to put all the focus int the ram right now it would hold back the other plans the most major plan is to bring video calling so i believe after it will be released then optimizations and tweaks would be made.
    02-27-14 06:35 AM
    i want everyone to bare in mind if blackberry has to put all the focus int the ram right now it would hold back the other plans the most major plan is to bring video calling so i believe after it will be released then optimizations and tweaks would be made.
    I want you to bear in mind that if they don't deal with the RAM usage and framework code efficiency it will only get WORSE as they bolt more features onto the app and its performance degrades further. It will also turn people off from using it, as there are a ton of other solutions that run swiftly.

Skype had the same issue on Android, and they completely rewrite their app to make it perform better.

Hangouts, Facebook Messenger both perform swiftly and have Video or Voice Call functionality in them (among other things). WhatsApp runs well.

Competition is tough. Users almost never look at things in isolation. They always compare. You want to compare well, so that you can retain users and have them advertise for you.

The RAM issue has always been there. It's no better than when the app lacked Channels and Voice Calling, so clearly the strategy you propose is not working for them IRT improving the performance and user experience for those affected.
    02-27-14 09:33 AM
    I want you to bear in mind that if they don't deal with the RAM usage and framework code efficiency it will only get WORSE as they bolt more features onto the app and its performance degrades further. It will also turn people off from using it, as there are a ton of other solutions that run swiftly.

Skype had the same issue on Android, and they completely rewrite their app to make it perform better.

Hangouts, Facebook Messenger both perform swiftly and have Video or Voice Call functionality in them (among other things). WhatsApp runs well.

Competition is tough. Users almost never look at things in isolation. They always compare. You want to compare well, so that you can retain users and have them advertise for you.

The RAM issue has always been there. It's no better than when the app lacked Channels and Voice Calling, so clearly the strategy you propose is not working for them IRT improving the performance and user experience for those affected.
    Skype still is the worst app on Android just after Tango, BBM is faster on Android than Tango and skype.

Posted via CB10
    20blks likes this.
    02-28-14 10:53 AM
    Skype still is the worst app on Android just after Tango, BBM is faster on Android than Tango and skype.

Posted via CB10
    Skype on Android works great and there really aren't many issues with it especially after the recent back end update. Their software is actually good now. When was the last time you used it... on an actual Android device not Blackberry's lackluster app player, btw.

Never used Tango so can't comment on it. BBM is embarrassing given how much some people hype it up (on Android).

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    02-28-14 11:53 AM
    Skype on Android works great and there really aren't many issues with it especially after the recent back end update. Their software is actually good now. When was the last time you used it... on an actual Android device not Blackberry's lackluster app player, btw.

Never used Tango so can't comment on it. BBM is embarrassing given how much some people hype it up (on Android).

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    About a month ago on a Samsung S4, it didn't even work on data network!

In my personal opinion, the fluidity of BBM on the S4 is just great, no lags, no late messages, just great! Could be bad on other Android phones.

Posted via CB10
    20blks likes this.
    03-01-14 06:42 AM
    Note 3 here 'PERFECT'

Sent from my SM-N900 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-01-14 08:12 PM
    Not seen it on an android but it's so laggy on iPhone compared to bb10 phones like everything takes at least 3 seconds to load on iPhone

Posted using my z10 on Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141
    03-01-14 08:43 PM
    Not seen it on an android but it's so laggy on iPhone compared to bb10 phones like everything takes at least 3 seconds to load on iPhone

BBM app has no lag on iPhone 5c or Nexus 5. Works perfectly.
    03-01-14 11:51 PM
    I have a Nexus 5 and BBM is far from perfect.
    03-02-14 09:27 AM
    If people knew how easy a Z10 is to use and how fast the phone is they would be amazed. Not to mention I feel it's faster then my two friends S4's. My BlackBerry Z10 doesn't lag like theirs seam to do. Somehow BlackBerry needs to get the Z10 and Z30 in people's hands.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 03:31 PM
    I have it loaded on an Atrix 4G running CM 9 and it's actually pretty smooth. Granted I don't have many contacts on that BBM so I doubt I'm pushing it's performance.

However, I was surprised by how much better it was than on an iPhone 5. Android BBM might not be perfect, but they really need to focus on optimizing iOS BBM... I've gone back to using Whatsapp to talk to my iOS friends because I don't hate them enough to put them through the iOS BBM "experience".

Posted via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    03-02-14 03:51 PM
    Sorry, should of mentioned that I've only seen it on 4s

03-03-14 07:16 AM