Maybe it would be a nice addition, for business and regular users too. Me and many others of my friends are using SIP providers to call internationally.. some of us use skype as a SIP dialler, some use standalone clients, some have it integrated in their Android phones but they never knew about it!! I think it would be awesome if you could make SIP based calls and messaging too perhaps all within BBM

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    03-02-14 06:34 AM
    Sounds good to me!
    03-04-14 03:59 PM
    The issue I am having with this idea is that it would be one of many. When you are on German carriers or pay as you go in the UK, voice traffic is being throttled. Hence BBM voice is not working. There is www.internetcalls.com which most of my friends and I am using. It also allows to call a local number instead of using traffic.

The benefits of enhanced clarity would be also negated.

When there are already plenty fish in the sea who are doing it successfully already, I do not see a point in cramming this additional feature into one app as well....

There are some nice sip clients in BlackBerry World already which are working perfectly fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 04:09 PM
    Well I don't know how or what they have to do.. what I imagine is a way to call cell phones or land lines straight from BBM. And if so, there could be something as credit for calling that you have to purchase from a book store.. it would get money moving specially at business level

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 04:55 PM
    If they would implement BBM Money finally, it would do the same.

I think they could make SIP integrated into the phone dialer....

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 05:52 PM