.................I think all the other unresolved issues (clumsy invitation process & difficulty of finding other users, unreliable and/or slow message delivery (on iOS in particular), uneasy to use UI (for iOS & Android users at least), silly, pointless & annoying messages, etc.) prevent BBM from REALLY taking off.
    Right On!!!!!!
    If RIM/ML would have continued BBM10 with the same concept as BBM7 the Channels would have been easier to feed. Now because it is a pain in the a$$ to feed BBM10's own channels people have abandon them. No quality channels posting = no viewers. BB said the number of channels have increased but these are not the same as news feeds. BBM had a chance to be close to Face Book and Twitter 3 years ago. BBM10 changed all that.
    01-23-15 02:36 PM
    So I recently found and experienced that Whatsapp has some potential security issues, which I do not believe exist on BBM.

- The "Last Seen" feature on Whatsapp allows people to run a free app, enter your phone number and track your activity. Not necessarily something I want anyone and everyone able to access.
    - There are also many apps which claim to be able to intercept the unencrypted "text" files sent through Whatsapp and intercept and read the conversations.

I was quite surprised by both of these, and has me staying away from Whatsapp until these features are confirmed or denied.
    I actually love the "last seen" feature if WhatsApp... gives me a heads up that someone may not be available now so why bother them... or, conversely, that they have recently been on WhatsApp... HOWEVER, A user can opt out simply by turning the "last seen" option off -- or control who sees it by setting to friends only, for example

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 11:04 AM

Imagine if part of registering a BBID included your device cell number. Then imagine if I could search my phonebook for other BBM users based on email and phone number.
    Oh, let's not... one of the reasons I love BBM is precisely _because_ my phone number isn't in the BBM database. Look, if you have someone's contact information on your phone, why don't you simply -- now I'm just spit-balling here -- _contact_ them... and _ask_ them for their PIN? -- or send them yours?

If you don't have their contact info, why do you want to BBM with them?

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    01-25-15 09:34 PM
    Oh, let's not... one of the reasons I love BBM is precisely _because_ my phone number isn't in the BBM database. Look, if you have someone's contact information on your phone, why don't you simply -- now I'm just spit-balling here -- _contact_ them... and _ask_ them for their PIN? -- or send them yours?

If you don't have their contact info, why do you want to BBM with them?

Question is if you have 200 phone numbers on your phone are you going to ask 200 of them one by one?

What if you have 2,000?

That's why Wechat & Line is doing so much better.

It's a lot more convenient to just tap add rather than invite one by one. That's what most people want.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 01:40 AM
    @loc22
    I share your points regarding BBM. Additionally analogy on using BBM Channels instead of expensive web pages with POS is missing the method which people find the BBM Channels besides web search engines.

BBM7 allowed multiple sharing to all social media. i.e. Email, Text, 5 Tw, FB, BBM contacts, channel(s) and groups. This allowed feeds to the channels and the channels back to the other social media. BBM10 only allows sharing to subscribed contacts and no other social media.

What it does is it limit the BBM10 channels exposure and that is why people are abandoning these channels. Yes, it was compounded by RIM's arrogances by pushing BB10 out unfinished and half a$$, some this could have been corrected over the past 2-3 years.

I have been rethinking all this since the Classic. I did not know what a mess BBM is when I was living in the shell of OS7. I now feel the cheapest way to market goods is through Face Book using non-boosted pages and having them direct to a commercial web page. Feed FB and web page via Twitter. Tweets used properly works great. The thing about followers they don't want constant commercial tweets. You have to mix it up say 1:20-30 one commercial tweet to 20-30 informational and have quality followers. It does no good to have 10k kids and house wives doing retweets about what someone had for lunch.

This is my opinion of the BBM10 on the channels side.

As far as using it for messaging and group chats, I say it is a joke. You put it in your own nice way, but you must also feel the same way.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 01-26-15 at 12:29 PM.
    01-26-15 03:17 AM
    BBM will be done for once WhatsApp releases voicecalls.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-26-15 03:22 AM
    Question is if you have 200 phone numbers on your phone are you going to ask 200 of them one by one?
    Why would I want to ask them all at once?

It's a lot more convenient to just tap add rather than invite one by one. That's what most people want.
    To each his own. There's a price one pays for that, however, and it's not one I'm willing to pay. If people want to use a messaging system owned by Facebook, and they don't mind their mobile number being associated with their ID, and they don't mind having all their contact info scooped up, I think they should use WhatsApp.

01-26-15 11:51 AM
    Why would I want to ask them all at once?

To each his own. There's a price one pays for that, however, and it's not one I'm willing to pay. If people want to use a messaging system owned by Facebook, and they don't mind their mobile number being associated with their ID, and they don't mind having all their contact info scooped up, I think they should use WhatsApp.

Wechat & Line associate your phone number with your Wechat or Line ID. If you added someone who is not on your phone Book you will Never get their phone number unless they give it to you.

The phone number is just to help identify your friends. They are alot more popular than BBM in South East Asia including Indonesia a previously BBM crazy nation.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 11:57 AM
    Wechat & Line associate your phone number with your Wechat or Line ID. If you added someone who is not on your phone Book you will Never get their phone number unless they give it to you.
    Exactly

01-26-15 01:17 PM
    What's app has implemented web messaging. Similar to blend but through Chrome web browser. I would be nice good luck have that feature for iPhones and androids. That's something I'd pay for.
    01-26-15 09:08 PM
    BBM will be done for once WhatsApp releases voicecalls.
    Uh huh.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...-bug/22784891/

02-04-15 08:20 AM

The phone number is just to help identify your friends. They are alot more popular than BBM in South East Asia including Indonesia a previously BBM crazy nation.

Posted via CB10
    Indonesia a previously BBM crazy nation LOL
    Still do, but draining fast unless BlackBerry fix their bbm app for other devices

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 08:50 AM
    I followed the lead of other people and have abandon my 5 BBM channel. Nobody uses BBM channels for feeds. There are to many other media apps that feed better than BBM channels.

So now it is only a messaging and specialized contact app. With BlackBerry being the minority other people don't need to switch

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 09:30 AM
    The only thing BBM needs is a way to find other BBM users easily.

I love the PIN system and believe that it should be used at its core, but I think a way to allow your email address or phone number as a way for others to find you should be an opt in/out feature.

Imagine if part of registering a BBID included your device cell number. Then imagine if I could search my phonebook for other BBM users based on email and phone number.

The people who only have BBM installed for a single contact because that single contact convinced them would now be able to look for other people who also have BBM installed without having to actively seek them out.
    It's already there. You can look into the invite section and see "suggestions". BBM let you know the people whose email in your contacts has BBM installed.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 09:52 AM
    Uh huh.

WhatsApp bug shows private pictures to strangers

Ya we can read all about this on the internet. But does this REALLY happen to any of us? NO

02-04-15 05:24 PM
40 12