As BBM Video has just become available for Android / iOS users, see BBM Video Comes to Android Users in Canada and U.S. | Inside BlackBerry, I wanted to point out that BBM Protected Voice Android / iOS subscribers will be able to conduct BBM Protected Video calls as well.
    Uzi and spiculated like this.
    04-28-16 01:43 PM
    OK.
    04-28-16 03:11 PM
    That's awesome news.

Does the same apply to video calls between BB10 devices? and are there plans to extend video calling from bb10 to android/ios, or will they remain separate?
    05-02-16 05:10 PM
    Video calls between BB10 devices are also Protected (same as Voice calls are) for BBM Protected Voice subscribers.
    05-02-16 10:28 PM
    As BBM Video has just become available for Android / iOS users, see BBM Video Comes to Android Users in Canada and U.S. | Inside BlackBerry, I wanted to point out that BBM Protected Voice Android / iOS subscribers will be able to conduct BBM Protected Video calls as well.
    What is your source? The BBM Protected Security Note from December 2015 explicitly states that BBM Voice and BBM Video do not have the additional BBM Protection layer... or is there a new development here?
    05-06-16 12:38 AM
    What is your source? The BBM Protected Security Note from December 2015 explicitly states that BBM Voice and BBM Video do not have the additional BBM Protection layer... or is there a new development here?
    He is BlackBerry employee senior manager software development ,BBM
    05-06-16 12:40 AM
    Really? Interesting! Perhaps he can provide us with the most recent BBM Protected documents then? Navigating the BlackBerry website can be a bit burdensome...
    05-06-16 04:08 AM
    I'm not sure with just cross platform BBM Video will pull more users to BBM or not.

I think it is more important to have all the features of one to one chats available on Group chats. At least that way it will be more practical for work & other things as well.

Don't get me wrong I think BBM Video cross platform is important but the other features are equally important as well. I can't ask my colleagues to come to BBM at the moment coz those features are not there.

The other thing is that BBM Group is limited to 50 members only while WhatsApp Group is limited to 225 members.

Line has cross platform video Group chats too.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 04:59 AM
    I'm not sure with just cross platform BBM Video will pull more users to BBM or not.

I think it is more important to have all the features of one to one chats available on Group chats. At least that way it will be more practical for work & other things as well.

Don't get me wrong I think BBM Video cross platform is important but the other features are equally important as well. I can't ask my colleagues to come to BBM at the moment coz those features are not there.

The other thing is that BBM Group is limited to 50 members only while WhatsApp Group is limited to 225 members.

Line has cross platform video Group chats too.

Posted via CB10
    Well you know, depending on the type of business you are in, but using consumer apps for work-related purposes... is that really what you would want? Unless you get BBM Protected.

And how important is it to have groups of more than 50 members? Let's say you have a WhatsApp Group of 225 members and something is discussed through WhatsApp. Do you really think all members would follow the chat and stay up to date?
    05-06-16 08:53 AM
    I dont think so....

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 08:55 AM
    I have protected voice. It clearly states when I'm on a call BBM Protected call on the call screen.

Go to enterprise store and search BBM. You will find it there.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 09:06 AM
    I have protected voice. It clearly states when I'm on a call BBM Protected call on the call screen.

Go to enterprise store and search BBM. You will find it there.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what it is, but every time I search the enterprise store, there is nothing to be found when I search BBM. I have BBM Protected myself. Does that mean my BBM Voice calls are protected then? Or is protected voice an additional subscription?

Maybe they don't show the appropriate search results because I live in the Netherlands?
    05-06-16 09:31 AM
    I don't know what it is, but every time I search the enterprise store, there is nothing to be found when I search BBM. I have BBM Protected myself. Does that mean my BBM Voice calls are protected then? Or is protected voice an additional subscription?

Maybe they don't show the appropriate search results because I live in the Netherlands?
    Protected Voice is an additional subscription, it's also more expensive (69 � vs 28 �). It actually might have something to do with your location. It didn't show for me on my main IP, it showed though on a different IP address.

Via Pasta CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    05-06-16 10:17 AM
    Protected Voice is an additional subscription, it's also more expensive (69 � vs 28 �). It actually might have something to do with your location. It didn't show for me on my main IP, it showed though on a different IP address.

Via Pasta CB10
    Ah thanks for that piece of information. I take it that it is 69 � for BBM Protected and Protected Voice, not just Protected Voice?

Personally, that is a bit much and I hardly use Protected Voice. I guess you have good reasons to use it.

Another thing, since BBM Protected is available without BES, I think BlackBerry should offer this far more easily. Maybe in the BBM Shop. I mean, isn't every additional sell to consumers a win? Why make it difficult for the privacy minded individuals? I really don't get there. Are there technical reasons or something?
    05-07-16 02:43 AM
    I guess our BlackBerry employee is very busy.. because he hasn't responded since. You sure he is an employee?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 12:33 PM
    BBM Protected Voice subscription covers basic BBM Protected as well as Protected Voice and Video.
    05-12-16 04:46 AM
    BBM Protected Voice subscription covers basic BBM Protected as well as Protected Voice and Video.
    Opposed to that it says on the store page you need to subscribe to BBM Protected ALREADY (28�) to be then able to use BBM Protected Voice (69�). Also it's nowhere mentioned, that video is included. So it's 100� per annum without video it seems.

Via Pasta CB10
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    05-12-16 06:30 AM
    Opposed to that it says on the store page you need to subscribe to BBM Protected ALREADY (28€) to be then able to use BBM Protected Voice (69€). Also it's nowhere mentioned, that video is included. So it's 100€ per annum without video it seems.

Via Pasta CB10
    Yeah, that's more or less what I also got confirmed by customer support.

Assuming that Denis is correct, they will have to revise their official documentation and communicate changes to customer support.
    I have been clearly adviced that BBM Protected Voice doesn't apply to video calls on BB10.
    05-12-16 09:55 AM
    Restating it again:

BBM Protected Voice price includes basic BBM Protected and Protected Voice and Video.
    Those of you who have purchased BBM Protected Voice could post screenshots of BBM Video BB10 to BB10 call to prove it.

As for the security docs, these are being updated as we speak with regards to the Protected Voice security.
    Uzi and itsyaboy like this.
    05-17-16 07:33 AM
    Restating it again:

BBM Protected Voice price includes basic BBM Protected and Protected Voice and Video.
    Those of you who have purchased BBM Protected Voice could post screenshots of BBM Video BB10 to BB10 call to prove it.

As for the security docs, these are being updated as we speak with regards to the Protected Voice security.
    With the latest BBM update on android I still can't take screen shot
    05-17-16 07:51 AM

Try this link.
    https://store.blackberry.com/direct/.../SPA-60299-021

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 09:44 AM
    Doesn't work for me. I get a "Product Page Not Found" page... probably because of my location.
    05-21-16 01:02 PM
    BBN Protected Security Note has been updated with regards to BBM Protected Voice and Video.

http://help.blackberry.com/en/bbm-pr...ty-Note-en.pdf
    06-01-16 02:10 PM
    Thanks Denis,

I was just browsing the Enterprise store, and noticed some additions (and price increases to standard BBMP(voice)).

What is the difference between BBM Protected (Voice) and BBM Protected (Voice) PREMIUM? I don't see any differences in the product descriptions, they are just more expensive. I'm thinking it has to do with adding Premium support vice Advantage?

You've mentioned that a Protected Voice Subscription includes the standard BBMP in the cost. The enterprise store still states that in order for Voice to work, a BBMP subscription is also required first.

Thx
    06-03-16 11:07 AM
    Well you know, depending on the type of business you are in, but using consumer apps for work-related purposes... is that really what you would want? Unless you get BBM Protected.

And how important is it to have groups of more than 50 members? Let's say you have a WhatsApp Group of 225 members and something is discussed through WhatsApp. Do you really think all members would follow the chat and stay up to date?
    Well let's put it this way, if BBM is not able to accommodate more than 50 users it cannot be considered. So there is no chance for BBM to even compete for be issued.

Most people have not even heard of BBM, everybody knows what is WhatsApp. In this kind of situation which app do you think stand a chance of a download or being used?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 08:39 PM
29 12