Home CrackBerry Q&A > General BBM Chat

BBM Protected now requires 0,99 a/month subscription for Message retraction and Timed messages. Is this for real?

Asked: May 11 2015 | 1:37 pm EDT 2808 Views 7 Answers View Best Answer

Hello today I had some users complaining that they got a popup that the maximum number of retractable messages has been reached and they would need to buy a 0,99cnt monthly subscription. has anyone else got this message? Is this for real as I already pay a yearly fee for the eBBM suite I was under the impression that this was included as they promote it as a feature in all marketing materials.

Best Answer

May 11 2015 | 1:42 pm EDT Bla1ze

Message retraction and Timed messages aren't a part of BBM Protected, hence the additional cost.

More Answers

May 11 2015 | 1:48 pm EDT Dave79

Message retraction and Timed messages aren't a part of BBM Protected, hence the additional cost.
This a mistake they made if someone pays for BBM Protected it should be included in the price you pay. They are going to turn away people trying to over monetize.

May 11 2015 | 1:58 pm EDT Bla1ze

This a mistake they made if someone pays for BBM Protected it should be included in the price you pay. They are going to turn away people trying to over monetize.
Yeah, seems silly to me as well...but that's how it is.

May 11 2015 | 3:40 pm EDT MichaelUn

Im a bit put off by the fact that when we bought our eBBM licenses this was also promoted as a feature, and there was definitely no note saying that this is a payed add on. a couple of days ago I noticed indeed a feed update that said that you can purchase this but i thought that was only meant for non BES users. And now the first users are being blocked unless they buy a subscription. The least they could have done is inform the administrators and also if they really want us to pay for it on top of the BBM Protected license give a centralized billing option rather then asking it to the individual user.

May 28 2015 | 6:44 pm EDT stew_uk

I received the same notification today for the 1st time. Was surprised as had forgotten of the warning when launched,I decided not to pay. Think a single annual fee like what's app would generate more users.

May 29 2015 | 4:10 am EDT MichaelUn

I agree, our users are not even allowed to purchase anything for security reasons, and blackberry after a couple of days just closed my ticked saying they changed this last month and there is no alternative or option for central billing, and confirmed that they adjusted their BBM website with a new foot note stating that your only able to do 3x retract messages and have to buy an subscription afterwards.